Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone else having trouble with wowhead?

So wowhead has stop working for me. I am using google chrome. Has anyone else experienced some trouble with wowhead? When I search I get no results etc...

Thanks for any feedback!

10+ Year Old Account
    nope. Been working for me just fine.

Guildhead on the other hand does exactly what you're describing.

I only had issues with it for the first couple days of MoP, which is understandable since, y'know, everyone would've been using it. Nowadays it's absolutely fine, no issues whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing i have noticed is the 3d viewer not working when comparing items. I don't know if it's just me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    nope. Been working for me just fine.

Guildhead on the other hand does exactly what you're describing.
    This is what happens for me:
    http: //imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/wowheaderror.png/

I have cleared my cache but it still wont work...

Deleted
    Yup. Not working with Firefox for me atm. Looks like they are updating something.

Deleted
    Do you get the same error as me (see pic above, remove space between : and /)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zacke10 View Post
    This is what happens for me:
    http: //imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/wowheaderror.png/

I have cleared my cache but it still wont work...
    That is exactly what is happening to me as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    That is exactly what is happening to me as well.
    Just tried with Internet Explorer, same error. Did you try with different browsers?

yes, same here, tried Chrome, FF15 and IE, none of them work.

Missing all the links and can only type in something to search for, but the search comes back empty.

Probably they are updating something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fujima View Post
    yes, same here, tried Chrome, FF15 and IE, none of them work.

Missing all the links and can only type in something to search for, but the search comes back empty.

Probably they are updating something
    Well it is really strange that wowhead is still working for some people and that wowhead doesnt inform us about an update!

same here. Rather odd

Seeing the same shit:

http://i.imgur.com/G715K.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/eruai.jpg

And i've now tried Chrome 22 and 23 beta, Firefox 15 and IE9 with no change.

The only that will fix it in Chrome is clearing ALL saved data - until it returns...
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Well it is really strange that wowhead is still working for some people and that wowhead doesnt inform us about an update!
    yes it is very strange indeed. By the way, it works for me on the phone through Firefox...

If different people using the same browser are seeing different results, it would be interesting to know if they are actually talking to the same server. Check out the IP address of www.wowhead.com you are using. Its possible they're updating server and changing DNS records. Depending on where you are your record may have been updated, pointing you to a different server.

www.wowhead.com is working for me on Chrome. IP address is 50.97.76.229.

Deleted
    That update would do very little when the page wouldn't load for you though :P

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 01:40 PM ----------

Just tried with Internet Explorer, same error. Did you try with different browsers?
    Firefox, Chrome, IE - on two different computers.

Loading fine on my phone using the same connection...

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EntropyJim View Post
    If different people using the same browser are seeing different results, it would be interesting to know if they are actually talking to the same server. Check out the IP address of www.wowhead.com you are using. Its possible they're updating server and changing DNS records. Depending on where you are your record may have been updated, pointing you to a different server.

It's pointing to the right address. Something is wrong with the loading of the pages.
    Doesn't seem to be browser or cache related.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EntropyJim View Post

Tried that IP address, still didnt work... =/

Gonna try on my iPhone..

It's a cloudfront server hosting wowhead's javascript files that isn't working. Which is also why it's working for some people, depending on where they live and which cloudfront server they get assigned.

Could anyone who can actually access wowhead relay this on their feedback forum please?

This is getting weirder and weirder. Wowhead.com is working at my work laptop using Chrome 22 synced to my google account. On my Galaxy S2 in Chrome Wowhead works.

On my gaming PC in Chrome 22 wowhead doesnt work. I just tried clearing all browserdata except usernames/passwords and reinstalling Chrome - still doesnt work.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown User View Post
    It's a cloudfront server hosting wowhead's javascript files that isn't working. Which is also why it's working for some people, depending on where they live and which cloudfront server they get assigned.

Could anyone who can actually access wowhead relay this on their feedback forum please?

Further more, I think that Facebook Like button is too tall.
    http://i.imgur.com/Bo2cX.jpg

Something is definitely wrong with it.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.