Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lack of ilvl 463 gear choices

I just looked through the list of heroic drops for my warrior and noticed that there's only one DPS item for several of the slots. In all of those cases, the item has haste, the worst stat for fury warriors. There's also only one tank helmet, and the same probably goes for all kinds of classes/specs/slots.

What's the deal with this? Listen, we're getting fewer and fewer dungeons with each expansion, and now they've also basically taken away justice gear. As a consequence, nothing compensates for these item voids. I'm having to wear several pieces of haste gear on a fury warrior, which is a considerable DPS loss.

Ugh. I don't like this one bit.

Deleted
    You answered your own question, well it wasnt a question was it.. more of a statement but, nvm :P

What im trying to say is the void you described is supposed to be filled by said Justice Gear.

And if gear has haste on it reforge ! Its not like its 100% useless to you is it ? (I dunno not played fury in ages )

It's the start of an expansion. The idea is that you're not using stats which are optimal; this gives Blizzard room to give you better items later on. Then, getting upgrades is actually interesting/exciting, rather than 'oh look, it has 100 more crit and 50 more strength than my previous item'.

Or maybe....there are just a lack of 5 mans this exspansion witch means boss loot tabels had to be small.

And I agree its annoying system. I still lack some drops of simple slots like back, shoulder etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    There won't always be a perfectly optimized piece in every slot. It's been like this. Sometimes your best in slot item could have crit/mastery and your best stats might be crit/haste.

Deleted
    I lost tank legs from first boss in Siege of Niuzao Temple to a priest, and when i asked him if he could trade (totally confused he could need to being with) he responds: "GHAAAAYY" and leaves.
    Not sure what this has to do with anything, but it was yesterday and i'm still in shock it even happened. Thanks for 1 pair of tank legs the entire tier and making it available to cloth users!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Or maybe....there are just a lack of 5 mans this exspansion witch means boss loot tabels had to be small.
    There is no lack of 5-mans. The number they have right now is fine.

And I agree its annoying system. I still lack some drops of simple slots like back, shoulder etc.

Then use your justice points and get a filler piece to use until you get something better. I already have 463 shoulders and back for my main AND offspec just from running heroics, so it sounds like it's just your poor luck, which is the exact thing Justice Points are to be used to make up for.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teks View Post
    I lost tank legs from first boss in Siege of Niuzao Temple to a priest, and when i asked him if he could trade (totally confused he could need to being with) he responds: "GHAAAAYY" and leaves.
    Not sure what this has to do with anything, but it was yesterday and i'm still in shock it even happened. Thanks for 1 pair of tank legs the entire tier and making it available to cloth users!
    If you don't want to subject yourself to the Random Dumbass Finder, then run with guildmates.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

I must admit, I've seen this bug too. As a Monk I've been able to need roll on a lot of things I really shouldn't have been able to (not that I have been!). But yeah, it's something to bear in mind.

There are some choices for some slots: there's two agility shoulder items in heroics, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can get lvl 463 gear from scenarios too you know ? also crafting and VP is there to help with the gearing I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    you can get lvl 463 gear from scenarios too you know ? also crafting and VP is there to help with the gearing I guess
    You can't, chances to get item is abysmally small, and is most likely won't be for your spec. Also afaik scenario helms don't have meta sockets, might be wrong though. There are no 463ish cratftable helms either, he also won't get VP helm anytime soon. VP helm is less or more equal to raid quality, and talk is about preraid gear options.

To OP, this story is old since start of Cata and Firelands being prime example of bad itemization and missing whole gear slots. Sadly, nothing new here, lack of gear choices is still same.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-10-05 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    If you don't want to subject yourself to the Random Dumbass Finder, then run with guildmates.
    Thanks for the tip, it's such a good one that i actually ran probably a few hundred dungeons in full guild group. Ultimately though sometimes you're going to have to do one by yourself and you shouldn't have to ask the priest not to need on tank items before you start the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen that need bug a few times myself. That said, the last couple of days I've been really luck with gear drops in dungeons. I guess that's rng. I'm still missing a good ring and shoulders, and hope to fits those soon. I dont know I call this pretty typical of early game blues. It'll get better when there's a clear(er) path of gear progression past the ivl 460.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    I'm having to wear several pieces of haste gear on a fury warrior, which is a considerable DPS loss.
    It's only a DPS loss against a non-existent piece of gear that has stats that would be better. But since that piece does not exist, there is no DPS loss. Or rather it is only theoretical.

As others have pointed out, it is the beginning of an expansion. Itemization is not going to be ideal, because otherwise gearing choices become boring (Same piece, new art, +40 to all stats). Blizzard likes to have room to improve itemization over the course of an expansion, usually reaching damn near perfect by the last raid tier.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

You will have plenty more gear from LFR and VP, or from scenarios too. Though I don't know if scenarios offer a different loot table to heroics.

Thanks for the tip, it's such a good one that i actually ran probably a few hundred dungeons in full guild group. Ultimately though sometimes you're going to have to do one by yourself and you shouldn't have to ask the priest not to need on tank items before you start the dungeon.
    You choose the random dumbass finder, you live with the consequences, including the priest that needs on plate. Besides, you're a tank. instead of using RDF just spam trade chat, say "tank queueing up for heroic, who wants to get a free quick queue?" and you'll get 3 dps and a healer in about 20 seconds. Then at least you can have more control over the loot options in the group.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Just as a quick side note... The rare mobs have a very nice loot table that will get you into heroics. Have a very fast respawn timer and can be solo'd at least by dk's some are very kitable but all you would need is a 3 man group to easily do them all
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    To OP, this story is old since start of Cata and Firelands being prime example of bad itemization and missing whole gear slots. Sadly, nothing new here, lack of gear choices is still same.
    I don't know about Firelands since I quit the pile of shit that was Cataclysm after like three weeks, but I know there were more item choices simply because the JP items were of the same ilvl as heroic drops. I distinctly remember being able to make pretty much a full set of haste gear on my warlock, and having one and sometimes two other items of that ilvl for each slot.

There are so few items in this expansion that all specs have several slots where only one ilvl463 item exists at all. That's seriously ridiculous and has never been the case in the history of WoW. You can feel that this is unimportant, but don't claim it's the norm or that it's just because it's early in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    I don't know about Firelands since I quit the pile of shit that was Cataclysm after like three weeks, but I know there were more item choices simply because the JP items were of the same ilvl as heroic drops. I distinctly remember being able to make pretty much a full set of haste gear on my warlock, and having one and sometimes two other items of that ilvl for each slot.

There are so few items in this expansion that all specs have several slots where only one ilvl463 item exists at all. That's seriously ridiculous and has never been the case in the history of WoW. You can feel that this is unimportant, but don't claim it's the norm or that it's just because it's early in the expansion.
    Do you also remember getting a 372 wand on your warlock? probably not because it did not exist. The only wand above dungeon level was a 359 BOE zone drop. There were many mages and warlocks in mostly 372 gear still using a blue 346 wand.

Items are not nearly as bad as they were in cata.

Might be a plate thing. As a rogue i've had 2 different item choices for almost any slot of gear.

And still not as bad item wise as Vanilla, which is still the "Best WoW" to date (according to pink glasses)

So, we should have 3 choices for each slot for each spec in the game?

Boss loot tables would be super bloated and you'd never get any items you want.