Deleted

HotW Weaponswitch in catform!?

Hello!

I am a resto druid, yesterday we had our first t14 raid and I always started the encounters with int-prepot + HotW to do something around 50k dps for the duration. Today I tried my dps as cat on a dummy and am doing 45k there already, only selfbuffed and with fairy fire. I tried to switch my mainhand/offhand combo for an agi Cat weapon during this time, as I read this should be beneficial but didnt see a dps improvement. Actually the dps even was 1k worse. Does anyone have math on this? Or experience? Would be very much appreciated.

regards,

Schändwich
    Last edited by mmocf4dad66cad; 2012-10-05 at 10:38 PM.

I haven't tried for resto going to catform yet, but as feral and swapping to caster form and spam wrath its a really huge dps increase to use a caster weapon! So if it would be fair you should gain something from it aswell, but I guess only if you have an equal agi weapon.

PS. its t14 now

Sorry I miss read what you meant first
    Last edited by AeRae; 2012-10-05 at 03:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean T14? Since T13 is Dragon Soul in Cataclysm.

As a caster-spec druid, we get 100% of our Intellect as Agility in Cat form (ref). There's nothing special about Agi weapons that will increase your DPS from swapping, unless your agility weapon is actually a better weapon (e.g., higher item level). If you drop cat form to apply dots while your energy refills, swapping weapons will actually hurt your DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyTheRetard View Post
    As a caster-spec druid, we get 100% of our Intellect as Agility in Cat form (ref). There's nothing special about Agi weapons that will increase your DPS from swapping, unless your agility weapon is actually a better weapon (e.g., higher item level). If you drop cat form to apply dots while your energy refills, swapping weapons will actually hurt your DPS.
    Although you're correct on the Agi front, the traditional feral weapons have a better weapon damage stat - so it's probably still worth the swap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gammonflaps View Post
    Although you're correct on the Agi front, the traditional feral weapons have a better weapon damage stat - so it's probably still worth the swap.
    This. And if you have enchants I don't believe those get changed
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

Deleted
    Yeah sorry, I meant t14, I will update