Deleted

Help catching up with my professions in MoP

hey guys

just hit 90 and have been 100% solid questing.

I have JC as my profession and have kept everything I mined whilst levelling so probably have enough to max the skill.

I wondered if theres a good guide or if someone can help me with the changes to JCing since Cata since I am hoping to make a load of gold on cutting gems but have no idea where to start!

Cheers for any help with this, i saw something about recipe research, is this like the jewel crafter tokens in cata?

It's very straightforward. Just prospect your ore and start leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    It's very straightforward. Just prospect your ore and start leveling.
    yea i know that, im asking how its changed at max level...

While I haven't got my JC to 600 yet, it seems that rare quality cuts are all learned through a daily cooldown - it also crafts a few copies of the gem you learn, and gives a few levels. Edit: I should note, for actually earning gold I wouldn't have a clue where to start.

Deleted
    Extremely easy to level up the professions now, the hard thing is coming by the recipes etc. =)

I would google "Jewelcrafting MoP guide" if i were you.

Deleted
    just researched my first time and got a red intellect gem worth 240g each on my server so not bad! What else is worth making though apart from these rare daily cooldown gems?

Deleted
    Leveling any profession from 525-600 seems absurdly easy i.e probably manage it sat in a city or before you leave the first zone.
    Reciped managed by daily research now.
    Metas by drops.

If you wnat to make a ton of money then prepare before the circus comes o town and not after its left.

Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    just researched my first time and got a red intellect gem worth 240g each on my server so not bad! What else is worth making though apart from these rare daily cooldown gems?
    Did you save any motes of harmony? Remember 10 make one and 3 spirit of harmony means you can research a random blue quality gem recipe. But unlike the other gems where you can learn a red gem recipe, orange etc, it's random so you can't choose the color. But it does skip the one day cd. Also the Cloud Serpent has mount recipes you can learn at revered/exalted and two JC pet recipes can drop out of a treasure chest you do every day in Vale of Eternal Blossoms once you start the dailies there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Did you save any motes of harmony? Remember 10 make one and 3 spirit of harmony means you can research a random blue quality gem recipe. But unlike the other gems where you can learn a red gem recipe, orange etc, it's random so you can't choose the color. But it does skip the one day cd. Also the Cloud Serpent has mount recipes you can learn at revered/exalted and two JC pet recipes can drop out of a treasure chest you do every day in Vale of Eternal Blossoms once you start the dailies there.
    i have some motes but are they worth using up on research?

THose JC mounts will cost me to much with those reagents that cost over 10K each!

Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    i have some motes but are they worth using up on research?

THose JC mounts will cost me to much with those reagents that cost over 10K each!
    Absolutely. I believe the harmony's are the only thing you can use them for anyways. Unless you want to make the 2 pets, but that requires getting the recipes first from the chest which requires luck.

Deleted
    Absolutely. I believe the harmony's are the only thing you can use them for anyways. Unless you want to make the 2 pets, but that requires getting the recipes first from the chest which requires luck.
    so basically try and research something every day, then at some point start cutting rares into them rather than more research?

What do i do with all the uncommons and is there anything worth making for gold?

Hmm, I dont really agree, although you get our recipes faster, it seems far more logical to buy Golden Lotus with your Motes of Harmony. You can either sell these for lots and lots of gold, or use them to transmute your gems. Raw Pandarian Garnets are going for 5g a piece on my server, and other even cheaper. So instead of randomly get your recipes with 3 spirits, you can buy 9 golden lotus, go to your nearest transmute master and transmute away. This ensures you of at least 9 rare red uncut gems.

That said, I wouldnt do what I said above just now. Uncut rare gems go from 80g to 300g on my server, but Golden Lotus sell for 650g. So, I would simply buy the gems you want for research and sell the Golden Lotus.

So, basicly, you can earn about 6k minus gem cost (nets about 4500g), or have that extra research once every 3-4 days. With the current amount of gem slots, I would first focus on rare red gems, because those will sell the most the next few weeks. After that orange and purple.

About common cutted gems, sell to your vendor, not worth selling them in the AH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    Hmm, I dont really agree, although you get our recipes faster, it seems far more logical to buy Golden Lotus with your Motes of Harmony. You can either sell these for lots and lots of gold, or use them to transmute your gems. Raw Pandarian Garnets are going for 5g a piece on my server, and other even cheaper. So instead of randomly get your recipes with 3 spirits, you can buy 9 golden lotus, go to your nearest transmute master and transmute away. This ensures you of at least 9 rare red uncut gems.

That said, I wouldnt do what I said above just now. Uncut rare gems go from 80g to 300g on my server, but Golden Lotus sell for 650g. So, I would simply buy the gems you want for research and sell the Golden Lotus.

So, basicly, you can earn about 6k minus gem cost (nets about 4500g), or have that extra research once every 3-4 days. With the current amount of gem slots, I would first focus on rare red gems, because those will sell the most the next few weeks. After that orange and purple.

About common cutted gems, sell to your vendor, not worth selling them in the AH.
    hey i dont understand all this golden lotus stiff since im new to 90. Do i trade motes of harmony for something then? is there a wiki page on this!?! thanks for the help

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 12:37 PM ----------

also guys, where are the vendors for pvp ring and neck recipes? I cant find them anywhere

There is a vendor where you can buy MoP mats, like cloth, ore etc at the cost of one Spirit of Harmony. You get 3 golden lotus for 1 spirit of harmony, worth about 1800-2000g (golden lotus is hard to find). You can also buy 20 windwool cloth for example, worth 6g, well, do the math.

Buying Golden Lotus is by far the biggest money maker from spirit of Harmony if you are a miner/JC. With the current WoW economy, it is not worth using them for research.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    There is a vendor where you can buy MoP mats, like cloth, ore etc at the cost of one Spirit of Harmony. You get 3 golden lotus for 1 spirit of harmony, worth about 1800-2000g (golden lotus is hard to find). You can also buy 20 windwool cloth for example, worth 6g, well, do the math.

Buying Golden Lotus is by far the biggest money maker from spirit of Harmony if you are a miner/JC. With the current WoW economy, it is not worth using them for research.
    ok ill do that, though golden lotus only sell for 450g on my server

also are meta gems worth cutting for gold? i had patterns drop whilst levelling which are on the AH for 2400g with the diamonds being 2k but i dont know if they will actually sell / are any good?
    Last edited by mmoc70cd3b8a0e; 2012-10-05 at 12:16 PM.