Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Are you sure you need Mannoroth's Fury for 2 seeds? Cause I was planning to take Kil'Jaeden's
    you dont need Mannoroth's Fury for the seeds to hit everything, but it leaves more room for errors. with MF you will hit everything, even if you mess it up a little and the seeds are cast or detonate 2 seconds too late. for me KJ or AV dont provide enough advantages/dps to outweight that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Mannoroth fury, SB: SoC on boss 2-3s before he finishes to cast draw power, you can prolly do SoC until the end but if your charge needs help u can fel flame,haunt.
    I found this to work well too, helping out the others dont hurt either.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    We went up to 7 charges on the 1st and 5 or 6 on the 2nd transition and I was usually 1st on the Sparks as Affliction (on 25 man though).
    SB:SS>Haunt>MG>MG > run out to reset > refresh dots on boss > DS boss for shards > repeat
    DS and Pot on 4. or 5. Spark spawn, Bloodlust on 5 for the 1st transition and DS on 3. or 4. on the 2nd transition.

Next time, I will try Demo.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 03:23 PM ----------

Affliction is one of the strongest burst classes now.
    Yeah, just don't use SB:SS on any of the adds and don't use haunt and you should be good to go.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

affliction is really strong burst if you have soul shards available which may not always be the case. in my raid i dont even target the orbs unless the dk tank needs help on like the 4th/5th one(10 man). they let me just stay on the boss. but id try out the seed trick, soulswap, if you really need to get an orb down, haunt burst ftw(probably only gonna need to use haunt 1 or 2 times to kill it solo.)
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

deleting old posts /10char
    Last edited by psoodkel235; 2022-04-02 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notwen View Post
    i dont know whats going on this fight, sometimes the charges do not reset my shards (via Drain Soul), this pisses me off so much
    the only thing that will give you full shards is the protectors and the little adds during/after pillars. everything else(orbs/pillars) dont "die" they just kinda fade away into nothingness!
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notwen View Post
    i dont know whats going on this fight, sometimes the charges do not reset my shards (via Drain Soul), this pisses me off so much
    I never received shards from the orbs and assumed they do not award any except of course after drain soul ticked twice.
    I also never had any issues with the orbs as Affliction (Never raided as Demo since Firelands). Soulburn Soulswap and 2 Malefic Grasp kills the first three orbs easily, fourth and fith would not be a problem by adding Haunt, although we only kill three in both phases.
    Maybe your gear needs an upgrade to handle the orbs in time, or you need to switch faster after they spawn.

Thanks by the way for the Seed tipp, i never thought of that and will try it today.

Deleted
    Just go with MF and Harvest Life. Time your SS:SoC to impact right when the adds spawn und channel your HL on Elegon directly after that. HL will hit all 7 targets all the time. After the channel is done there will be a few seconds to help your fellow raid members out on their adds. HL will also help your healers a bit if charges explode while you're channeling. With Corruption ticking on 7 targets you have almost unlimited access to shards which allows you to keep your DoTs and haunt running on Elegon while doing massive damage on charges. Did about 13 million charge dmg on 10 waves.

Your tanks should also spread their DoTs on all charges. By doing so, 12+ stacks on Elegon are no problem.

Deleted
    I've never had a problem with it as affliction.

First spark is so slow you can manually dot and MG it.
    Second is the same.
    Last 2 you can SS and haunt to death.

Using SB:SOC on elegon just before adds spawn is a good way of getting extra shards, I usually have more than I need unless I'm unlucky.

Likewise, soulswapping the dots off the spark just as it's about to die, then felflaming it to death can help maintain dots on elegon.

Also, make sure you drain soul the last big add before transitioning, you want to have 4 shards at the start, even if you don't need to use them on the first add.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Are the big adds and sparks returning embers when killed with Shadowburn?
    Not sure, for affliction none of them return soul shards so I will be sceptical about embers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Not sure, for affliction none of them return soul shards so I will be sceptical about embers.
    Untrue.
    The big add does return soulshards. The sparks do not.
    The Shadowburn ember mechanic should be identical to that of the drainsoul@kill, so it should. But I haven't personally tested this, and it wouldn't be the first time Blizzard let unreasonable mechanics go live (see full rant @ 3 shadowburns per havoc thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    Untrue.
    How would the big adds give you soul shards if they don't die? Wouldn't you have to drain through the annihilation then? On heroic that's not possible.

Deleted
    I haven't tried it on heroic, or preparred for it to that extend yet. So I could be wrong.

But on normal I just land drain soul just before the cast time on the explossion is over, so my drain is on when it actually dies (which is when it explodes). This yields full shards on normal. If it doesn't actually die when it explodes on heroic, or you can't attack it for whatever reason, then no, no soul shards.

But on normal I just land drain soul just before the cast time on the explossion is over, so my drain is on when it actually dies (which is when it explodes). This yields full shards on normal. If it doesn't actually die when it explodes on heroic, or you can't attack it for whatever reason, then no, no soul shards.
    I see . On Heroic you need to bring the add outside because someone has to soak it when it explodes and you can't target in/out so you'd have to go out as well and if you do that your'e gonna die without CDs.

If you are rolling as affliction its a shard management contest. Make sure to have Corruption up at all times on the boss ! ( preferably more, but this one is your big RNG resource gainer that can make or break it )
    As others have said before :

- 1st apply dots manual, MG to death ( 4 shards )
    - 2nd soulburn dots , MG
    - 3rd soulburn dots, haunt, MG , drain soul boss if you are on less than 4 shards at this point - if you didnt manage to get to reset your stacks, then pop damage reduction cd when the 4th add is going to die.
    - 4th soulburn dots, haunt, haunt, MG to death - you are at one soulshard here - drain soul boss for 1 extra shard
    - 5th pop all cds and soulburn dots, haunt, MG to death.
    - 6th wave, you usually let this one get through which means you have 0 shards - unless lucky - but all your damage cds are up and you can do some good damage to the boss while you let this wave hit the boss. Make sure to stand on the very edge of the platform to not fall off when it disappears, yet keep the maximum amount of time to do damage to the boss , just make sure you inhale soulswap before boss goes immune and put them on a pillar, then redot the other 2 pillars etc.

Not claiming this is the best way, Im just stating how I do in order to maximize dps on the boss. If boss hp is irrelevant or you are very low on melee ( the guys who should nuke the pillars if you let a wave get through ) you might as well go full nuke on pillars, the faster they die , the less adds you have -> less messy when transitioning back to p1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I see . On Heroic you need to bring the add outside because someone has to soak it when it explodes and you can't target in/out so you'd have to go out as well and if you do that your'e gonna die without CDs.
    As a noob myself. Just never thought of that before and would like to know if anyone ever try this :
    You can't attack it when it's outside, but what about drainsouling the add BEFORE it goes outside and explode ?
    Like Feng during earthquake, you are not "attacking" it when you can't. Maybe that would work ?
    Last edited by Shauni; 2012-10-26 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Clarification

Deleted
    I think the Afflock in my raid tried that and it didn't break the channeling.

If you cast a seed of corruption on elegon so that it hits right before the orbs spawn, you can usually get that little bit of extra damage on all 6 orbs. Other than that, your rotation on orbs is pretty solid. The other dps on your side should switch to help if they get theirs down quickly, as well as having the tank on your side help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I think the Afflock in my raid tried that and it didn't break the channeling.
    That would do the trick, extra execute, extra shards -> win !

15+ Year Old Account
    Untrue.
    The Shadowburn ember mechanic should be identical to that of the drainsoul@kill, so it should. But I haven't personally tested this, and it wouldn't be the first time Blizzard let unreasonable mechanics go live (see full rant @ 3 shadowburns per havoc thread).
    No they dont, I think you mix it up with gaining a shard every 2nd tick cos they channel a spell and "die" for so long.

OT: SS:SoC will nullify the need for shards, since corruption is put on every spark one will constantly have 4 shards when they are dead (for 25man at least).
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-10-26 at 08:05 AM.