Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Every expansion I have been broke like less that 5k gold this time however my partner racked up almost 30k in 3-4 days from daily's and mining I would say it's much easier to gather gold this time round.Also depends on AH prices etc

for playing this game , from end of tbc i didnt pay myself a single cent for wow (or diablo3) and mount some item darkmoon cards are expensive ect ect

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Just curious, what do people think they need all this gold for? I've never once felt I didn't have enough when I have a couple thousand.
    A) Just the feeling of having over 10k per character is nice

B) I rather like the idea of decking my hunter out in the T3 armor set bought off of the BMAH. Each piece is a minimum of 10k and that's assuming I'm the only one interested (hasn't happened yet). While I won't need a helm (Crown of Destruction) and bracers don't show up if I've got the gloves, that's still what, 6 items for a minimum of 60k gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the amount of mats people need to hit 600 in X profession plays a big part of the low mat prices. For the past few expansions you needed 2 to 3 times more mats for items, also once you were like 25 pts away from your max lvl, the mats got insane for items, and people had to create an item, for each point they needed. Now a item craft gives 2 to 5 pts in 1 profession, people max those out in a fast paste.

I've had a bit of difficulty making gold this expansion. Enchanting didn't do for me exactly what I wanted it to. I'll get in the sha crystal thing maybe. I haven't spent a great deal of time focused on JC like the past though either.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what it was like before cause I didn't really try to make money until now. Inscription/Enchanting/JC are making me bank, if I didn't keep spending money on mounts I'd have ~200k by now

this xpac there is certainly a lower Profit margin. Not as many people buying gems. Enchants arent selling as much. Everything just isnt selling as much. I think maybe because only one raid is out atm. And not very many people are getting new gear. Iono. That combined with the massive amounts of cloth and mining nodes. This whole xpac just seems down from previous ones when it comes to gold making.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I was never much of a rich person as I tend to help out friends/guildies all the time.. I just blew over 15k in the last couple of days to make sure all our raiders get a Darkmoon trinket this weekend. I only have like 13k now and closing in on Shado Pan exalted (and already hit Anglers) so I need 12k for both rep's mounts ;(.
    15k for all your raiders? damn I wanna be on your server... on ours i'd be lucky to get one person the trinket for 15k

Just by selling fish, meat, enchanting mats, golden lotus (spirit turnins) along with a few dailies, I make about 10k gold a week. Not that I want the money for anything anyway, so I often just waste it on stupid stuff, and repair cost is quite high, so Im no super rich either.

Just curious, what do people think they need all this gold for? I've never once felt I didn't have enough when I have a couple thousand.
    The freedom, basically. Like you, I have "enough" when I have a couple thousands. I can fund my flasks, food, repairs, gems.

But I cannot just give a 30k mount away to my better half. And another BoE 10k the next day after. I cannot decide to fund epic flying on my alt without feeling a bit concerned about my money, AND decide to fund it for my friend as well while I was it. In fact, I probably would not have been able to afford that at all, if I were in your situation again.

That freedom makes it nice. I guess it's the same IRL, though I have no experience of being rich, unfortunately. In game however it's just nice to... you know, just be able to do what you must but not be limited by it - you can afford extras.

I made this gold by selling firehawk runs, having a lucky epic find, and my steady income comes from professions.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 07:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Breaking them into essences and selling at a 120% profit is. I have so many crystals that I can't sell the essences fast enough, so I'm saving additional crystals for when the price shoots up.
    Sounds good for your server, but tbh I don't see that happen, at all.

On our server, sha crystal never drops below 500, and 550 tbh is low. I rarely sell my crystals for less than 600. Shards go for 60g max, and as you said, they don't sell that fast and their prices really fluctuate. It is profitable to sell enchants (jade serpent), but tedious to do, much like glyphs - not a whole lot of people want to sink that much money in it and those who do want to (serious raiders) probably have means to get the mats and make the enchant themselves.

I sincerely doubt sha crystals will up in price as you claim - also because more raids and lfrs, and more gear being disenchanted (also think of duplicate gear people will get from lfr), etc. etc. Furthermore, your tactic would be excellent, IMO, if everyone would get their enchant at the same time. Like, patch 5.1 would introduce them as a buyable recipe. That's not the case. Depending on how lazy you are, you can either already have it, or you won't have it for the coming 2 months. So there won't suddenly be a massive demand for sha crystals. As there won't be a rush of demand, AND there'll be more crystals, I have a hard time seeing how sha crystals will go up in price drastically.

But hopefully for you I'm wrong - definitely not an investment I'm making tho. I'll just keep selling my crystals every day to buyers such as yourself.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2012-11-03 at 06:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are only 4 ways for a server to generate gold as a whole- the first is to loot it in one form or another, the second is through dailies, the third, selling stuff, and the fourth, from gold moving in. Whenever you repair, buy a vendor item, loose the deposit/cut, or bid from the BMAH, theres a tiny amount of gold that disappears.

Currently, gold is leaving ALL the servers in a great exodus- you have ppl going crazy on mounts, BMAH, ect. The rate that gold is coming in is being greatly outstripped by the rate of gold coming out, to the point that, eventually, ALL servers will be reduced to a 10th of the gold amount now in the server. This will cause prices to fall, as the number of goods coming in will remain constant, but the amount of gold total is completely reduced.

An example of what I mean- Lets say you are a JC, and you decide to make a panther. You spend 18k on the Orb, which you must have to make the panther. This 18k leaves the server forever, its never coming back. Now, lets say that you post this for 40k, and it sells. The AH takes a 5% fee, which is 2k, so the total amount of gold on the server is 20k less then when you begun.

Now, sure, you currently have 38k gold, with a nice 20k g profit depending on efforts in mats, but someone is now short 40kg. So, 20k g gold has left the server. Now, look on the AH, and take a look at all the Panthers on it. I currently have around 14 reg panthers and 2 black ones, so there is a total of about 300k g gone from my server. Theres also been countless Panthers already sold/learned, so theres easily 2 million gold gone from the server. Rockets also add up (Although there might be a few freebie rockets out there) so theres another 500k gone from the server. Ive also seen about 20 Yaks on seperate players, so thats 2 million gold gone from the server.

Now, what happens is that all this adds up: I would say the richest server in the world probably has around 10 billion at the highest estimate of gold in circulation. As all this gold is sunk, it lowers and lowers and lowers, to the point that eventually, there is maybe 1 million gold actually in circulation in the server. As people no longer have gold, prices will be driven lower due to goods flooding the markets because ppl can no longer buy them, ect. I wouldn't be surprised if, by the end of this expansion, you find Ghost Iron for 2g/stack as the average price for ALL realms.

Do you want to make gold now? The easiest way, by far, is to get a guild, get it populated/going, and use it as a money bank. Should you managed to complete all challenges in a week, you get a nice 10k or so gold per week, maybe 15k.

Your second option to make gold with minimum time? Dailies.

Your third option is to solo raids/dungeons, especially those with high weapon drops for vendoring goods.

If blizz keeps up the gold sinking, what will happen is that we will go back to the time when 1k g was like a fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Currently, gold is leaving ALL the servers in a great exodus- you have ppl going crazy on mounts, BMAH, ect. The rate that gold is coming in is being greatly outstripped by the rate of gold coming out, to the point that, eventually, ALL servers will be reduced to a 10th of the gold amount now in the server. This will cause prices to fall, as the number of goods coming in will remain constant, but the amount of gold total is completely reduced.
    It would be interesting to see how much gold is in each server's economy. I know Blizzard is able to get this information but they don't share it. If the gold sinks don't continue at the same level throughout the expansion there will be inflation. After people have bought their mounts there will only be the BMAH, ah cuts, and to a lesser extent repair bills while you still get lots of gold from dailies, dungeons, raids(25g per boss in LFR alone) and quests on alts.

---------- Post added 2012-11-03 at 08:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by konway View Post
    As someone with less than 100k, I feel poor. People all over the place are riding around on mounts that cost 50k-100k+. Mounts, not items that actually make a difference in the game, but mounts.

There are at least 4-5 huge gear upgrades I could buy right now if I only had, oh... I dunno, 150k?
    IMO mounts and pets are the best items to spend gold on along with other vanity items because they will be useful for-ev-er, while the 502 bracers someone bought from the BMAH for 200k gold will be disenchanted or vendored in a few months. Unless you are going for server firsts spending gold on gear is really a waste and if you are your guild probably made a lot of gold selling mount runs that can be used to buy this gear for essential positions.

Deleted
    There is a big difference between the amount of money on the server and the amount of money in active circulation i.e the money supply. The overall reserves on a server will be many times higher.
    You also fail to take into account bots on any given server that can farm mobs for money. This is a way to make money with no effort.

Gold sinks only need affect you if you sink your money into them. As a players whats more importnat is where you sit in the pecking order as to the real terms buying power of your gold and not its notional amount. Even though Blizzard has put certain squeezes onto gold making opportunities for a clever and determine player, then there are still pleny of opportunities to make karge amounts. No need to be poor at all.

BTW we are taking an overall view of a servers economy.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2012-11-03 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    I'm happy with the abundance of ore's and herbs. I only farm for my raiding needs and dont care much about making money on the AH though.

It´s easier, more then ever before...During last couple of months in Cata I´ve played AH 3 times a week, made ore shuffle, selling bags, enchants etc, everything with my jwc/ench/alch/tail/lw combo...Now, I once a week buy 100 stacks, sell metas and other gems, living steel and sometimes ench materials, have 2k-10k profit per day, somedays I sell nothing and I don´t care...Have only one 90lvl toon - jwc/min, others are 88/87/86 and 2x 85 with all prof maxed, but reps needed makes me unhappy to level them to get recipes for better AH play...but honestly, I´m quite ok with money I can make now. Two weeks ago I´ve bought all 476 plate I found in AH (+-55k) and now I´m back on my own (resp. 20k up).
    One annoying thing, what is lowering my profit is low proc rate on my transmute alchemist...last 20 primal diamond I´ve seen no proc, with over 100 transmutation on this is my chance around 7%...

10+ Year Old Account
    Before MoP, I had 21k gold, now I have 51k, but I have bought like 10 mounts, leveled inscription from 1-600, bought flying skills etc.. And I still feel like I don't have any money at all! Its just for example back in WotLK I had about 5k and I felt like the richest person in the whole world
    Last edited by Heksar; 2012-11-03 at 11:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i do think it is alot easier making gold this xpack out of all the professions inscription is the one making me the loot

TO buy the big stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Started shuffling the ah 4-5 months before MoP and hit roughly 750k while we had 900k in the guild bank from Ds sales runs at the end of Ds.., mostly in preparation for going 25man, now we have 70k left in the guild bank, and I'm down to 25k across 4 characters, spend't it all on upgrades, char rerolles, profession rerolls etc etc.

Gold is nice to have for those occasions, but as far as cosmetic shit goes.., couldn't care less about gold then.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Breaking them into essences and selling at a 120% profit is. I have so many crystals that I can't sell the essences fast enough, so I'm saving additional crystals for when the price shoots up.
    It's backwards on my server right now. Buying 5 Shards and turning it into a Crystal is pure profit, the dust and essences are about even.