Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Because you only use PL when your diseases are going to drop off anyway.

Like they need anything to improve the damage output they already do.

Spriests also don't have a single dps cooldown to manage. I don't see it as a problem, it means your dps is more consistent than most other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    You have Pillar of Frost, Ghoul, Army of the Dead all as dps CD's as frost. (and to some extent empower rune weapon too)

Not every class has to get a CD in their talents, some have them for free in their specs instead, like DK's.
    warriors - all 90 talents
    hunters - all 90 talents
    warlock - 75 talents
    mage - 90 talents and 75 talents
    rogue - 90 talents
    shaman - 90 talents
    druid - 60 and 90 talents
    monk - 90 talents
    paladin - 75 and 90 talents
    priest - 90 talents

So every class except dks get a good dps talent? right.

And don't say plague leech because who seriously takes that? it is horribly clunky to use and doesn't even let you use it in most situations.

I'll worry about not having a DPS Talent when pulling 90k dps single-target in a LFD 5-man isn't the norm for me.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    I'll worry about not having a DPS Talent when pulling 90k dps single-target in a LFD 5-man isn't the norm for me.
    You mean 120-130k And that was on release day in full blues. We don't need a pure dps talent, dks are fine! The only thing I would really love is blood tab back.

I'm talking at 90 now, not on release day.

To this day, after dozens upon dozens of runs in LFD. I've had a grand total of one person beat me on DPS, and that was a 467 ilevel Warlock when my item level was 448.

And they still only beat me by 955 dps.

Moreover, this is with me running with 3/5 guildmates, so I only get a 5% LFD buff, not the 15% the randoms whom I top are getting. I don't need any help.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

I'm talking at 90 now, not on release day.

To this day, after dozens upon dozens of runs in LFD. I've had a grand total of one person beat me on DPS, and that was a 467 ilevel Warlock when my item level was 448.

And they still only beat me by 955 dps.

Moreover, this is with me running with 3/5 guildmates, so I only get a 5% LFD buff, not the 15% the randoms whom I top are getting. I don't need any help.
    A link to your armory, please?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KlayzZ View Post
    A link to your armory, please?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urdos/advanced
    Would be my guess

Ayep, that's me.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    And don't say plague leech because who seriously takes that? it is horribly clunky to use and doesn't even let you use it in most situations.
    There's always time to use it. Just wait before the diseases fade, and use it. Free rune, yay !

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    There's always time to use it. Just wait before the diseases fade, and use it. Free rune, yay !
    except that it requires both runes to be fully depleted to use which only happens about 30% of the time it's off cd.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    except that it requires both runes to be fully depleted to use which only happens about 30% of the time it's off cd.
    You only need one fully depleted rune to use plague leech, and you get to decide what your runes look like before you plague leech anyway.

It's more complicated than most people make it sound, using it between the penultimate and last tick of diseases is what you want to be doing, but using it in a way that isn't going to rune cap you while you're refreshing diseases requires a bit of preparation.

Pillar of Frost
    ERW
    Ghoul
    Army

Plenty of CDs that have huge impacts on our dps. On most of the heroic bosses cause they are short I can blast out a good 120K+ dps (469 ilvl) which is crazy high and even a tad OP atm. Unbuffed on a training dummy for 10 mins I can do 64K dps. Army is one of the most powerful CDs in the game. Pop it and your ghouls will deal ~500K over 40 secs. Pop it on a burn phase like elegon and it's stupidly broken how strong of a CD it is.

DKs have it pretty sweet atm and you may as well enjoy it before we get nerfed.

15% buff in lfd, so 100k isnt impressive in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    15% buff in lfd, so 100k isnt impressive in the slightest.
    Hi there. Try reading this part.

Moreover, this is with me running with 3/5 guildmates, so I only get a 5% LFD buff, not the 15% the randoms whom I top are getting.
    Couple of posts up, pretty much lays it out for you, but that also brings a few things else to mind.

I'm not the only one getting that 5%-15% buff, how is it that people with a 15% buff to all damage are still ringing up at only 38k in comparable gear? Even with a 15% buff that sees me sustaining around 104k+ dps for the first minute seconds or so of combat until my ghoul despawns... these people are still only barely doing 40k or maybe 48k dps.

A 40k+ difference in our DPS with the same buff can't be written off. A 30k difference when they're dealing flatly 10% more damage then I am with every attack is just ridiculous.

So yeah. I don't feel underpowered or in need of buffs. I'm standing at best, toe-to-toe with any class I meet, and more often then not I'm sitting atop the meter by a good margin. The OP's claims are empty, and unfounded.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know what you're talking about homie. I got dps for days.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

GG to people who don't really read threads! He is talking about the talents and how they don't really benefit DPS...

I find it odd too... Whey speccing frost/unholy I feel I'm just choosing randomly stuff... take this or that... whatever... doesnt matter that much...
    same with glyphs for frost... wtf... only 1 benefits dps and indirectly...

Hysteria and DRW... oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by elderamy View Post
    GG to people who don't really read threads! He is talking about the talents and how they don't really benefit DPS...
    Last time I checked my guild's dps were pretty happy about me keeping emperor's rages stacked with gorefiend's grasp so they can aoe.

Gorefiend's grasp and remorseless winter are both amazing talents. They just aren't push a button and do more damage talents.

T4 could use some help but I'm pretty happy with most of our talents. With utility talents you have actual choices to make instead of just taking whatever provides the largest dps increase.