Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire mages, are you supposed to be hit capped?

Hey guys,
    My mage is current 463 ilvl, full dungeon heroic gear. The only thing is, I cannot reach the hit cap. I tried using wowreforge to get to the 5100 hit cap and it said not possible, and I even checked Mr Robot and that told me to gem and enchant for expertise. Does being at hit cap matter right now? Am I supposed to gem+enchant expertise? Thanks

Char:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ostiger/simple

Also, if I screwed anything else up, please let me know!

Deleted
    It is to early to go for the hit cap

oO I easily get to hit cap if I reforge to +hit and +expertise (expertise also give hit for mages). So if an item has haste and hit you can reforge haste into expertise. For raiding it's definitely a must have to be hit capped. I will have it on thursday (our first raid). My itemlevel currently is 460 - nothing special.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Chaos/advanced

More than possible to be hit capped, if you plan on raiding today or this week, get to it asap.
    Like said above, expertise if you need to, it works wonders.

Reforge stats into Expertise if you can't reforge it into Hit, as Hit=Exp.

Very easy to get hit cap, i am running .22% under hit cap though due to reforge limitations.

yeah guys did you look at his gear? It might help if you didn't reforge hit into haste you wasting 400 some hit for no reason man. Your neck bracers and sandals. and also since mastery is crap for fire mage and you need hit cap first you reforge this into hit/exp then crit then haste. You are pretty much reforged completely wrong.

hear you go. You curently have on your gear 3,536 hit and if you reforged all your mastery to hit you would get 425 hit from it at this point you will have 3,961 hit rating. Next all you have to do is reforge all the haste on your gear to hit/Exp(if the piece of gear already has hit on it, but has haste this is when you reforge your haste to exp) after you have done this you should have around 1,286 hit from reforging your haste giving you a grand total of 5,259 hit rating and you don't even need those crappy hit gems yay!
    Last edited by Heartfrost; 2012-10-03 at 01:48 AM.

Deleted
    So is this why mr robot is so keen for me to gem and reforge into expertise? i thought it was an error on their part.
    Sorry to steal the thread but hopefully it should only take one post for me to understand but could someone quickly explain how and why we use expertise?

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yorkey View Post
    Sorry to steal the thread but hopefully it should only take one post for me to understand but could someone quickly explain how and why we use expertise?
    Because a hit/haste piece can't be reforged into hit. It can be reforged into expertise.

The back end reason is because spirit users have spirit/hit to reforge around, and enh/DK/rogue can gain spell hit cap by going for their melee 7.5% hit/7.5% expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkey View Post
    could someone quickly explain how and why we use expertise?
    1 expertise rating gives 1 hit rating. For all intents and purposes expertise is hit, even for casters.

Deleted
    Expertise gives hit? :O Is that a bug or intended?

it is intended

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to get about ~14% hit and 1% expertise to make hit cap. I had to use a few expertise enchants

Engi trinket with Hit, Expertise and Crit Cogwheels. Your hit troubles will be gone.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly 15% hit without a single raid drop; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%BD/advanced
    Still missing a few items though...

Without Engi trinket, also just replaced my pvp boots with Boots from Mogu'Shan Palace and went abit over the hitcap.

EDIT; Actually ranked world top1 firemage on 1st boss in Mogu'Shan Vaults. (had to boast sorry XD)
    Last edited by Trixzy; 2012-10-03 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    Easy to get to hitcap even without the hit-trinket.

Rawr can calculate your reforges if you indicate target-ratings.

Have your combustion miss in a fight then ask if you need to be hit capped. Between being able to use expertise on gloves and hit on boot enchants to get you there is should be very easy to cap out without even reforging all items to hit/expertise.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're using expertise, you're trying to raid MSV in greens in which case you're already way too undergeared. Farm heroics and hit cap is easily achieved even without the hit trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by tenub View Post
    If you're using expertise, you're trying to raid MSV in greens in which case you're already way too undergeared. Farm heroics and hit cap is easily achieved even without the hit trinket.
    Artra US Uldaman

I've got 469 Ilvl and I have to use expertise to even come close to the hit cap. It all depends on what drops you got while running heroics. It has nothing to do with being undergeared.
    Last edited by Artra; 2012-10-04 at 11:00 PM.

Yeah I'm wearing pieces of gear from MSV and my lowest level item is a single 450 (bloody robes won't drop), and I still need to reforge into expertise in order to reach the hit cap.
    (I wouldn't bother looking at my armoury right now though, haven't bothered reforging since I bought the VP ring so I am below the hit cap, even with my expertise)

Deleted
    After I saw this thread I just tried to reforg + gem + enchat for hit, went pritty well!

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/sheeponsale/simple