Thread: Warlock dmg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Let's stop it here, before it goes out of hand.

Deleted
    I dont knw why people are complaining like this... everyclass has some insane burst that can one shot you... Thats why you have to play at times on the circumstance of ur fights in bgs or arena... If u realise a lock is there boom, u cc him quick cus u knw he is a weakness to you . If he kills u, fairplay to him/her,,..Not only locks, palas pop wings , u cc or run, u c lock standing idle u cc or run, warior charges and throws u down and turns red, u trinket run or cc, mage dots u , u run or cc, shadow priest doots u , u run or cc, bm goes red and bestial, u gato run or cc, rouge and what have you i can go on and on and on, the morale here is, if u are fightin in group and u aint ccing or paying attention to environment, anyone can jst go nuke and nuke ur ass down... true story..............

Soo.. let me get this straight, you're complaining about what is supposed to be the hardest hitting spell in the game, that is supposed to take about 15 seconds of building the resource to fire, and 3 seconds to cast... and want it to hit like a wet noodle after popping every cooldown the warlock has, in addition to berserk.... Logical.. very logical.

In arena, firing a CB wont even be close to possible, not even close.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marximos View Post
    Soo.. let me get this straight, you're complaining about what is supposed to be the hardest hitting spell in the game, that is supposed to take about 15 seconds of building the resource to fire, and 3 seconds to cast... and want it to hit like a wet noodle after popping every cooldown the warlock has, in addition to berserk.... Logical.. very logical.

In arena, firing a CB wont even be close to possible, not even close.
    Right, so just remove every kind of PvP in the game but arenas, is that the solution? I don't think so because a lot of people like BGs and play them exclusively. Also, if I remember correctly they don't just balance PvP around arenas.

Deleted
    You're a mage and you're whining about locks ?!?

All locks have is damage. They don't have blink, iceblock, ice barrier, cc coming out of their asses and what not. How exactly is a lock supposed to deal with a melee in his face other than hoping to kill it before it kills him?! You take away the damage and they're shit.

Mage complaining that he cant one shot over someone else in PvP? ERRMAAGUURRDD

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    Right, so just remove every kind of PvP in the game but arenas, is that the solution? I don't think so because a lot of people like BGs and play them exclusively. Also, if I remember correctly they don't just balance PvP around arenas.
    No but it's a priority over bg's. But nevertheless this is first and foremost a PvE game, always has been, they have made this clear on several occasions, PvP is just an afterthought. I don't do arenas much at all myself and I prefer bg's but this is the system and either I accept it, quit or stick strictly to PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    .... people have to stop crying chaos bolt hurts too much..... 3SECONDS cast (like 1.5-2 with backdraft)..... l2interupt
    interupt is win. /sigh
    Forgot interupts don't have a cd, how stupid of me. Funny how people won't say their class is OP even when they can one shot people rofl, so stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Forgot interupts don't have a cd, how stupid of me. Funny how people won't say their class is OP even when they can one shot people rofl, so stupid.
    Hard countering a couple of classes does not make a class OP. Let's see they cast ANYTHING with a warrior/dk/rogue/enh shaman in their face. Or a hunter for that matter: shale spider stun, scatter shot, silencing shot, feign death, intimidation stun, what chaos bolt ?

Deleted
    This is funny... let me elaborate.
    Destro locks are very limited pvp wise, because the casts are so damn slow. You complaining about a spell that costs an ember, takes alot of time to cast and to be effective you need to pop all cds for it to gain the benefits of being a critical. You want to focus in the fact it's a bg right? Ok then, lock wastes all cd's to kill one guy (you), he wasn't counter so your team didn't waste an int, cd or stun, so now the dps guy (lock) is useless for a while and your team should have killed an important target and the lock is a free kill. Yes, the lock can kill you if noone controls him, so can you as a mage kill anyone if noone do anything to stop you. So... before speaking about a 212k hit with all buffs up, I suggest you learn about all classes/specs and understand their strong and weak points.
    Complaining a lock took 50% of your life (yes, 212k is less then 50% if you in pvp gear at 90 now) is just plain nonsense qq.
    Destro locks are meant to hit hard, or else they would be useless. It's not like they hit hard and have infinite escapes/int/stuns is it? Oh wait, right that's mages in all pvp seasons pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclypse View Post
    Regardless of the whole argument to be honest what actually is really funny is the fact that you didn't even read how high the hit really was.

Quote Originally Posted by juggerneat View Post
    It will be fixed in the next expansion don't worry

LMAO why do i feel like your post should be blue.

Really? Do you realize how often warlocks get to use Chaos Bolt? It's not as if they are spamming it every 10 seconds.

Deleted
    If you don't know, in order to be able to cast Chaos Bolt, you need a full "Ember".

And in order to get a full Ember, you need to cast Incinerate to fill the Ember bar.

And the amount of Incinerate cast you need to fill an Ember bar is almost 10 casts unless you got crit it might be 6-7 casts, which is still a lot. And it's 1 cast per 1 Ember and Ember can be stacked up to just 4 Embers.

Chaos Bolt is always crit and the dmg can be increase by the caster's crit rate. The cast time is 3 seconds. So it's very easy to interrupt.....I believe even a clicker can interrupt it.

So you're complaining about a spell that needs all these requirements and still be easily interrupted??? This is a really questionable act of you as a rogue tbh...
    Last edited by mmoce1ee34efc0; 2012-10-05 at 10:39 PM.

Deleted
    Chaos Bolt is ridicolous.

Im missing 4 pieces of pvp-gear. Dont tell me that is how its supposed to be because thats just dumb.

Sure.. its in a battleground but that doesnt make it ok. Not even close.

please consider factors such as ember generation and mobility before making threads like these.

let's not go into the " well X class does this so blabla " I'm not going to compare apples and oranges, it just takes quite some time to build an ember to cast a chaos bolt, it's such a slow charge up that destro cannot be played viably in 3s atm, unless with some very niche combo where the entire setup is based around pampering the lock which btw still has the same problem as always, turret mode playstyle, gotta cast dem incineratez like mad = standing still to cast , please reconsider your statements .

I fully understand that CB hits hard but people only complain about damage, if X class could sit for 1 hour auto attacking to fill a meter that , once full, can be used to instantly kill any target in game , is that an OP ability ? simply because you only see the damage of that ability does not mean it's OP, because taking 1 hour to build up such a thing pretty much anything would die before 1 hour , if you're catching my drift.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Regardless of the whole argument to be honest what actually is really funny is the fact that you didn't even read how high the hit really was.
    Yes, I disregarded the 84k overkill... yet, doesn't change a thing in what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Chaos Bolt is ridicolous.

Im missing 4 pieces of pvp-gear. Dont tell me that is how its supposed to be because thats just dumb.

Sure.. its in a battleground but that doesnt make it ok. Not even close.
    the fact that you didnt interrupt 3 insanely long cast times makes me think you deserved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Hard countering a couple of classes does not make a class OP. Let's see they cast ANYTHING with a warrior/dk/rogue/enh shaman in their face. Or a hunter for that matter: shale spider stun, scatter shot, silencing shot, feign death, intimidation stun, what chaos bolt ?
    Hunter doesn't = everything, it's not just what tools classes have they could have their trinket down and be stuck in a full fear. 1 shotting people is nowhere near "fine".

Letting a warlock freecast has always been a bad idea. I don't see how this changes anything? It's a 3-second cast. And even if they've popped Unending Resolve to prevent interruption, you can still stun/fear/whatever to break the cast.

And to get those kind of numbers means stacking cooldowns, which only happens every few minutes. Where's your complaining that frost mages kill you insanely fast when their cooldowns are popped?