Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I can only imagine someone who gets depressed over "Lost" is the kind of person that hasn't watched alot of good shows, cause Lost really phoned it in the last couple of seasons. Seriously, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Sons of Anarchy...really, any pick show that doesn't solely rely on one singular over-arching plot point to keep you interested in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    I hate MLP.
    You know I really sincerely asked in another thread why MLP is such a big deal now among adult males. I received no answer. Maybe someone in this thread will enlighten me?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Is there something wrong with being sad your favorite show has ended?
    With your thread about http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Forever-Alone
    I'm sure people think you need a life aswell ;>
    I wouldn't get upset over something as silly as a movie, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    You know I really sincerely asked in another thread why MLP is such a big deal now among adult males. I received no answer. Maybe someone in this thread will enlighten me?
    Because it makes me smile. The characters, the style of cartoon (the occasional lack of physics, and breaking the fourth wall), I just enjoy it.

I enjoy MLP because it's what I like, no matter how colorful and cheery it is. And you don't have to like it, that's fine. It's not everyones cup of tea.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2012-10-05 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    I wouldn't get upset over something as silly as a movie, lol.
    I wonder how serious you're actually taking this. when favorite shows end people get sad because they can no longer watch the series they like!
    That doesent mean you do not have a life. why shouldnt you be sad if you lose something you find entertaining?
    I'm sure there are things you get sad about what others would laugh about normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    Because it makes me smile.
    That can't be all there is to it. Is it some sort of hipster thing, that I'm just not cool enough to get?
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Its more of a erm, its a shame its finished, now what to do / watch feeling, than empty,

you know, like when youve had family around for a week and everything heptic, bust and everyones doing something, then they go home and your like erm what now

I get it each time I polish a star trek saga off, or doctor who ends for the year
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    That can't be all there is to it. Is it some sort of hipster thing, that I'm just not cool enough to get?
    Sure, there's always some people out there who are only a part of a fad because other people are, but personally I just like the show.

PS. By the way, Im in NO WAY saying "MLP IS BEST SHOW EVER", just saying its a show I like. It has its flaws.

We should probably stop derailing the thread xD

EDIT:

One more thing I want to say.

I can't fully explain why I like the show, I just do. Honestly, when I first heard about a bunch of people watching this I thought to myself, "What the hell? Are they serious?" But for whatever reason, I decided fuck it, I'll give the show a chance. And I just like it.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2012-10-05 at 10:28 PM.

It's not all that hipster really.

It's about an amazing community. Bronies (and pegasisters) are a shining example of a community/cult, with inside jokes and all. Bronies makes so many beautiful pictures, write fanfics, make comics, all that stuff. We do charity, we hold lots of conventions, the VA and workers on the show are celebrated, and they embrace us...

Basically, amazing community. Of course that doesn't mean the show is bad and just an excuse to do it, the show is very well made, awesome voice actors, awesome writing, awesome characters, funny, catchy Disney-kind-of songs...

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    you need to visit a psychiatrist. it is not a normal feeling
    It's a pretty normal feeling.
    "You may feel sad about what you've lost, but you must never forget what you've had."

(Also, 7000)
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-10-05 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    It's not all that hipster really.

It's about an amazing community. Bronies (and pegasisters) are a shining example of a community/cult, with inside jokes and all. Bronies makes so many beautiful pictures, write fanfics, make comics, all that stuff. We do charity, we hold lots of conventions, the VA and workers on the show are celebrated, and they embrace us...

Basically, amazing community. Of course that doesn't mean the show is bad and just an excuse to do it, the show is very well made, awesome voice actors, awesome writing, awesome characters, funny, catchy Disney-kind-of songs...
    This too, the show could suck ass, and I would still be a part of the fandom because the stuff they pump out is fantastic (in my opinion of course)

EDIT: Lol grats on 7k

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    I hate MLP.
    I hate GW2, guess we're both liars!

Yaaay, I just found myself a new tv show

Vampire diaries. That will keep me going for some time.

aaaawww dammmn...I miss Sawyer, Locke, Jack, Sayid, Kate and Juliet so much.
    I guess I'll see you in another life brothas

I kept hearing that it was good, but I don't really watch television... So I tried watching an episode and had to turn it off within 5 minutes. How do people watch the garbage on tv these days? The fact it's so unwatchably bad is what's driven me to play video games instead, which is why I'm here on mmoc babbling in the first place.
    What the world needs is Lesshammad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the first episode when it came out and turned it off after the polar Bear thing appeared. It was not for me.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    I kept hearing that it was good, but I don't really watch television... So I tried watching an episode and had to turn it off within 5 minutes. How do people watch the garbage on tv these days? The fact it's so unwatchably bad is what's driven me to play video games instead, which is why I'm here on mmoc babbling in the first place.
    The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and Breaking Bad are pretty good.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've felt empty several times after tv shows end, wether it was on their own terms or due to cancellation. I always feel empty after watching Avatar. I remember completing the campaign of Modern Warfare 3. Never have I felt such a connection to characters in a game before. Then, when the final mission was completed and the music of the end credits started to play, I felt really empty inside.

You just get attached to something; the characters, the world they live in, something that you never want to go away. When it does, it feels like you lost something that you will never get back. Watching it or completing the game again doesn't really help, because you wanna see how the story continues or what happens next for the characters. You're never getting that, so that's the empty feeling; realising you'll never have what you want.

I've recently started watching Lost, and I can already see how this is going to leave an empty feeling inside when I'm done watching the series finale.
    Last edited by Statix; 2012-10-05 at 10:58 PM.
    Statix will suffice.

I feel like that when I watch movies that have depressin or bad endings. Can't say that LOST's ending was bad though. It's going to pass in a day or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lost never ended, the part you play is simply over..........

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember how Buffy ended. God I loved that series, and it ended with such a climax it was perfect, the kind of ending that left it open to anyones imagination how it goes on, but also in such a way that 'there is no turning back now, we can only go forward'.

It did feel sad seeing the final episode, since how attached I was to the series, but if a show ends in a good way, it means it left an impression on you in the best possible way.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt the same way when Battlestar Galactica and Stargate sg1 ended. It's just hard to let go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    I'm old enough to remember shows like MASH
    Too young to see it during it's original run, but used to watch the repeats all the time. I've seen Goodbye, Farewell and Amen four or five times and I still get a lump in my throat at the final scenes.