Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Take out 1 stick of Ram. Try turning it on.. If it doesn't boot up, take out that stick and put the stick you took out first back in. If it doesn't turn on then.. I don't know :x. My computer did the exact same thing, except 1 of my Ram sticks was dead and it wouldn't allow the computer to boot. :/

Check your mobo manual for the "29" code, it should have a description of what it means.

If that doesn't point to anything useful - make sure you connected power to the video card and that the card itself is seated well. Check all the RAM modules' seating.

You didn't by any chance get into the Bios? had a similar problem a few years ago. Turns out one of the RAM channels was broken so I couldn't get the computer to start with all 4 RAM seated into the MB. Was looking for your 29 error code, but couldn't find anything about it. Have you made sure everything is correctly installed? 2x6pins for video card, 8 pin CPU power, cpu fan connected etc? If all this is done, try putting 1 ram stick in the first slot. If that doesn't work, put a different ram stick in the second slot.

Try a cmos reset by taking the battery out and back in.

But anyway if your computer starts up and immediately shuts down and tries again to boot up, it's the ram. The MB starts to test the ram, if it fails it reboots. You can't see this on Asrock's but on Gb you do :P

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Try a cmos reset by taking the battery out and back in.

But anyway if your computer starts up and immediately shuts down and tries again to boot up, it's the ram. The MB starts to test the ram, if it fails it reboots. You can't see this on Asrock's but on Gb you do :P
    Classic Ram issue, or the mobo not being plugged in but he already tested that. This could also be a faulty ram slot. Try this.
    Pull all of your ram out. Then start one by one putting the ram back in powering the computer on each time AFTER you place a new ram stick in.
    When you get to the point where one of the boots does not work, try switching that ram with one of the ones that allowed it to boot up. If it fails then it's the RAM it's self. If it works... get a new mobo you have a bad slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this happen when my CPU heatsink/fan worked it's way loose. This caused it to do exactly what the OP posted, almost start and then die until it just wouldn't do anything for a while. It's amazing how fast they can overheat.

Took me a long time to figure out because it seemed too simple to be true, give it a wiggle. I just tightened it back down and no probblems since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything boots up fine now. It's just that I can't seem to get a signal from my computer to the monitor via DVI.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    The CPU power is connected. Second picture, upper left corner.

@OP, double check the sequence of error codes - does it just show 29, or other codes as well? Describe a full boot attempt.
    Okay. I seemed to fix 29 this morning. Now I have error code "0x64: CPU DXE Initialization (CPU module specific)". What in the world is that??!
    Also getting error: "0xA2 IDE Detect"
    And: "0xA6 SCSI Detect"

This is a disaster :\

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 08:29 AM ----------

Just to clear a few things up: The start up and instant shutdown issue has been fixed.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 09:24 AM ----------

I finally got a picture on my monitor by taking my GTX 670 out and using the on-board video. I can now get into the BIOS.

Why was it blocking the signal to the monitor...?

And should I go ahead and install W7 while I have a signal, or should I try to get rid of these errors first..
    Last edited by Roscoe; 2012-10-06 at 01:27 PM.

Is it actually hanging on startup with those codes, or are they just showing up as it boots? It'll cycle through codes as it does its boot tests, but if it hangs on one totally then something related to that code is causing an issue.

No real point spending time installing windows if you're having boot issues. Attempt to solve your graphics boot problems by checking the BIOS for graphics options (i.e., disable onboard graphics, or set primary graphics adapter to the PCI-E slot, then shut down and reinstall your 670.)
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys. Everything works now. No more errors. I want to thank everyone that replied to help. It was greatly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you at least say what all you did to fix it for future reference for others?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Can you at least say what all you did to fix it for future reference for others?
    I fixed the problem by rechecking all cables routed to the motherboard and made sure every single one was in it's right place, referenced by my motherboard's manual.

One wrong cable placement may be the difference between a computer starting up and not starting up.