Destro spec, which level 75 talent is better?

I'm stuck between Grimoire of supremacy or Grimoire of sacrifice, personally I would think that since so much of destro is single target DPS during boss fights that Sacrifice would give a bigger DPS gain, the only thing you miss out on is added DPS during AoE trash pulls from not having felstorm, but is it that much of a DPS loss?

Or is it just a matter of preference?

Deleted
    You can't have Felstorm as Felguard is still Demo-only pet. I think Supremacy might be slightly ahead at the moment for Destro, but I just love not having to worry about the pet AI during certain fights that Sacrifice is too hard to pass up.

Oh right, forgot about the felguard being Demonology >.<

Hmm, I'll have to test it further when I hit 90 and see which comes out ahead.

On the subject of supremacy however if you're a destro lock which pet is actually used for DPS now? I typically see the beholder the most, but is that actually for DPS or just utility?

wasn't destro using GoSac for highest dps ? last I heard the only spec that actually goes with Supremacy was demo , correct me if I'm wrong or if I missed something.

Yeah, thats why I'm not sure, I thought GoSac was meant for Aff/Destro.

I was hoping someone whos actually tested it could provide some numbers, the stickied guide actually recommends Supremacy for Destro and it didnt sound right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    wasn't destro using GoSac for highest dps ? last I heard the only spec that actually goes with Supremacy was demo , correct me if I'm wrong or if I missed something.
    Note that this is from the Sim's, which we know are off right now but not sure why. GoSac and Supremacy are so close, you could just pick whichever one you want. During heavy movement fights, Supremacy should pull ahead.

In terms of best pet dps, with the recent nerf to the felhound/observer, they are all roughly the same dps for Destro/Afflic (Felguard is the pet to use for Demo). The imp is slightly lower (like very slightly), but remember that he's ranged so in target switching fights he'll probably pull ahead.

It's a "use what you want to use" world now . . .

Ah, well that helps alot more to know.

It seems like thats what blizzard is going for with all the classes now which is really awesome, each spec barely pulls ahead of another on a fight per fight basis, so it really depends on how skilled you are with your chosen spec.

Thanks for the info! If anyone else has any insight I would still love to hear it though, its alot more complicated being a warlock than it ever was being a mage (In my opinion) or any of my tank mains lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably Supremacy is best during leveling. Affliction is very much more slanted towards Sacrifice, but even there I switched to Supremacy during leveling in Mists cause facetanking was no longer really a good idea. I presume it will be much the same in early Cata if you don't have the gear yet. Although with the greens now coming out of Mists you should be gearing up very hard late in Cata and maybe able to switch back again cause you kill stuff fast enough to only take a hit or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Probably Supremacy is best during leveling. Affliction is very much more slanted towards Sacrifice, but even there I switched to Supremacy during leveling in Mists cause facetanking was no longer really a good idea. I presume it will be much the same in early Cata if you don't have the gear yet. Although with the greens now coming out of Mists you should be gearing up very hard late in Cata and maybe able to switch back again cause you kill stuff fast enough to only take a hit or 2.
    eum, what does leveling have to do with it ?

I'm pretty sure the guy was talking about which lvl 75 talents to pick for max dps , not meaning he's lvl 75 right now and confused as to what he should be using ^^

I'm pretty sure the guy was talking about which lvl 75 talents to pick for max dps , not meaning he's lvl 75 right now and confused as to what he should be using ^^
    Yes and no lol, I havent hit 75 yet but I'd like to know what everyone else has determined to be the "Best" choice for max DPS so I know what I should be doing when I get there.

Leveling specs really dont apply to me, I can pretty much make anything work in that regard =)

Simcraft puts GoSac and GoSup very close together, but it's also worth keeping in mind that simcraft generally assumes a perfect rotation, with no screw ups and latency (I know this can be factored in, but even then it's still "plays" more perfectly than most players).

GoSup is more forgiving towards player error, as the pets dps is essentially free. GoSup also leads to a smoother dps output- Destruction has spiky damage whatever you choose, but GoSac amplifies this. Might not be a bad thing, depending on the fight.

To be honest, which Grimoire is better depends on the fight, but generally I prefer GoSup for it's stable output and more forgiving nature.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ZyloWolfBane View Post
    Yes and no lol, I havent hit 75 yet but I'd like to know what everyone else has determined to be the "Best" choice for max DPS so I know what I should be doing when I get there.

Leveling specs really dont apply to me, I can pretty much make anything work in that regard =)
    He specifically stated "When he I hit 90" and his topic and seemingly not full knowledge of Warlocks made me suspect he was only just past level 75.

Since he's not after leveling knowledge though: Rule of thumb is that if you have a lot of movement that it is better to pick Supremacy.

We'll eventually know exactly which combo is best for which fights, but we need more time on the different bosses to get unified theories about what the best approach is for each fight for now.

Deleted
    from what ive heard and read, its GoSac for afflic, GoService for demo and GoSup for destro.

GoSac for afflic and destro
    GoSup or GoServ for demo ( depending on what itemization and on what boss, but its a really really small difference)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    im using supremacy as destro
    and until higher haste lvls with gear destro will be using suprem becuz of the slower casts
    if u look at how fast the observer hits compared to ir damage increase from sacrifice
    ull see that next to impossible to keep up with the damage of ur observer
    also with pets observer is alot smoother consistent dps and shivarra is more bursty
    fel imp is decent but loses too much damage in between casts

I prefer using GoSac as Destro, since it improves your multitarget damage via Fire and Brimstone more than any pet yould do. And of course because it simply simmed higher with my gear.

If you have problems to decide compare the pros and cons. This way leads very often to the most reasonable solution.