Brewmaster tank soloing?

Hello!
    How much can BrM monk solo like compared to dks?
    can they solo similar things etc? any1 know?

I've been soloing old content as mistweaver. Just seems easier and I never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    I have yet to roll a monk but I am somewhat interested in what people have to say on the topic, what old content have you been soloing, just out of curiosity?

Deleted
    Last week i solo'd Onyxia10 and Malygos10 for the mounts as a brewmaster. And it worked very well wearing 440 something gear, it was very easy to stay alive.

This week i tried it as windwalker and to my surprise it was even easier. I did Onyxia10 and got the speed kill achievement (less than 5 minutes) and never near dying.

Sweet, I'm all about soloing that stuff out, I don't like bugging people to come along, and now with account wide mounts the possibilities are looking pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    Sweet, I'm all about soloing that stuff out, I don't like bugging people to come along, and now with account wide mounts the possibilities are looking pretty good.
    Yeah me too, i have a 90 blood dk and 90 brm tank atm, but i have no idea what to have as a main.
    Thats why im asking how brm is at soloing stuff, since i love soloing stuff as my dk so...
    But i mainly want 1 main to gear etc and get all the cool shit on

Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    Well to clarify, soloing TBC content is easy as mistweaver (if all you have is int gear), but you wont be able to speed clear any cata < content, looking forward to trying brewmaster soloing though once i get some gear

BrM will probably be needed to "push new content" (i.e. stuff that wasn't being solo'd in Cata) but otherwise WW or MW is fine and you'll snore through most TBC/Wrath content that doesn't have annoying mechanics.

MW is fall asleep easy to stay alive thanks to Eminence... but can oom if you haven't got decent regen and try to DPS too hard. WW has a lot of nice tools to mitigate some more damage, but less healing than MW obviously.

As a Mainspec MW, I like to keep WW for daily's on a high pop server. Can't be bothered constantly swapping out BrM for Solo, but haven't needed too yet.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2012-10-06 at 02:53 AM.

I did marrowgar and lady death on ten man, Most of BT ( had help with RoS and that first boss). All as WW

I solo'd Jade Temple Normal outta curiosity lol we're extremely well built to solo pretty much anything. Duo'd all of Uld10 earlier with a friend (s-priest), including all the hard modes except One light on yogg, (we ran outta time before raid so just killed him quick with all the keepers up)

I did OS103D. That's my best so far.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Only level 60 but I cleared up to the first boss in the blood furnace but then LFG popped. Using mostly vanilla gear with heirloom shoulders, chest, staff and trinkets.

Just from what I have seen so far if you know what you are doing Brewmaster should be able to solo A LOT.

I've solo'd most of the heroics, though a handful of pulls can be tricky - and a couple bosses are impossible, overall it feels comparable to DK soloing.

Solo'd marrowgar 10..but that was easy so I went to cataclysm land.

First up WORM!... Doable, but needs better gear. With a few epics this guy is totally killable, got help. Pushing out 31k hps I was slowly widdling down when he ate me, but I took a huge chunk of his hp before falling.
    Next up Omnotron, had a 5% wipe , and a 10% wipe - got him though. Save Cooldowns for Fire+Poison. It hurts, a lot.
    Chimaeron is unkillable due to healing reduction. =( -20% per hit.
    Maloriak is easy to survive, kill adds as they come - die to enrage timer because heal is OP.
    Atramedes - Pretty easy fight for an engineer. Only used 2 gongs, was a 28 minute fight. Don't gong his AoE, it doesn't add sound and isn't really a problem. Make sure to take Celerity and rocket boots. Momentum might work too.

Tomorrow - I'm coming for you Cho'gall.

P.S.: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Ayamu/simple