Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    If it was because of world bosses, then there's a simple fix to it.

Don't let people release spirit until the entire group has wiped. Like every other raid boss in the game. How can they not think of that.
    Because they actually DID think of that. I mean, that has to be the dumbest thing I have heard posted here in months.

If you stop to actually think about the difference between a World Boss and an Instanced Raid boss for more then 10 seconds, you would almost instantly realise that Release Locking people on a World Boss would pretty much make the fight completely impossible in a PvP environment.

All it would take is for a bunch of opposing players to light your tanks up like a christmas tree (or repeat drive by nature's swiftness cyclone them and watch a dps or two die) and your entire raid wipes 1 minute later. With absolutely NO way to prevent that from happening as long as there are enough enemy players around to pick your raid off.

And the Sha of Anger is pretty much designed to be a PvP free-for all.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2012-10-06 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Who said anyone loves this change? To be honest I don't give a fuck about it because I don't die often enough where this would cost me a substantial amount of time.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:27 AM ----------

Look at what site you are on. These people would bitch if Blizzard gave all of them $100 with each copy of Mop because it wasn't 5 $20 bills instead of a $100 bill.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:28 AM ----------

The change hurts NO ONE. Not one single person.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:29 AM ----------

It saved people half a second. That isn't quality of life. Most people probably didn't even realize they had the perk in the first place. I had forgotten it existed to be honest.
    "I think that x is the case, therefore everybody else should also think it is the case."

It's the principle of the matter that is disconcerting. Fixing something that isn't broken.

They fixed this problem back in BC when it comes to world bosses and graveyard zerging. Look up doomwalker and his Mark of Death debuff. I guess blizzard forgot about that and decided to wreck yet another guild perk...

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "I think that x is the case, therefore everybody else should also think it is the case."

It's the principle of the matter that is disconcerting. Fixing something that isn't broken.
    Seeing as a reason hasn't been yet given, how do you know if something was or wasn't broken?

For that matter, I find it hilarious how everyone automatically assumed that the change was due to the Sha of Anger. I know it's a cliche, but to assume is... you know the rest.
    Wait for an explanation, then whine about whatever. Even though that this is so trivial, it deserves absolutely zero attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Seeing as a reason hasn't been yet given, how do you know if something was or wasn't broken?

For that matter, I find it hilarious how everyone automatically assumed that the change was due to the Sha of Anger. I know it's a cliche, but to assume is... you know the rest.
    Wait for an explanation, then whine about whatever. Even though that this is so trivial, it deserves absolutely zero attention.
    What other problems could this change have been intended to fix, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    What other problems could this change have been intended to fix, exactly?
    I'm not a developer, so I have no clue, and don't pretend to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering why I was moving like a snail, despite being in a level 25 guild, the other day whilst corpse running. I thought I was kicked from it for a moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Blizz removes X class from game.

MMO-champ fanbois: Ye it's nice change, I agree with Blizzard...
    Blizz removes the item Ice Cold Milk from game.

MMO-champ complainers: OMG, blizzard is a bunch of lazy fucks. Don't fix what isn't broken dumbasses. Unsubbed.

Hey, this is fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal Opinion: (A disclaimer many people would do well to put on their posts) This feels like a temporary fix to a talent to keep people from corpse camping mobs/world bosses/each other. Likely we will see another perk improved as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

I guess there were people who found it hard to accurately navigate at the high speed. Or maybe it also has to do with graphical issues (loading stuff). Or that, at high speeds, the distance moved between server and client turned out to be too large (due to lag) which maybe caused disconnects, triggered a cheating alarm at Blizzard, or caused something entirely different.

There could be a ton of reasons to lower the speed, which isn't really necessary in the first place anyway.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2012-10-06 at 02:40 PM.

this is no longer a "perk", seriously they could just remove it instead.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    this is no longer a "perk", seriously they could just remove it instead.
    But then all those people who scream that "10% is nothing!!!1111" would scream "HOW DARE YOU TAKE AWAY MY 10% INCREASE?!?!?!?!?".

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    No it really isn't. Not at all.
    I get the feeling if Blizzard shanked you, you'd be telling me that it was necessary, and then apologize to them for getting blood on their carpet.

The perks were put in to save players time. You know, because wasting people's time does not improve their experience. Then again, it seems some "know" what they're told to.