Poll: Do you think this is the right score?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    Lol wut? I would give it 6/10 max.
    Please do say... why is that rating for? Seeing as YOU have really played the expansion (according to your previous posts...)

They used to round numbers, so following the system that Cata was graded by this would've been a 9 too. I think some dude realized that their scores all started to look the same because of it. Regardless, score systems blow and they need to go away. But the big press sites like ign and gamespot will never do that.

I would personally give it a 8/10 so far, everyones final review should be when the expansion is over. Look at Cataclysm, it may have started very well with a lot of promisses, but it ended up being dogshit.

Deleted
    who cares about ign score, it comes down to what one guy who write review thinks about game. His opinion isnt any more valid then next guy. btw they gave cata 9 ...

Quote Originally Posted by roztworek View Post
    who cares about ign score, it comes down to what one guy who write review thinks about game. His opinion isnt any more valid then next guy. btw they gave cata 9 ...
    Honestly though, rating for MMOs are from first impressions and room to grow. I mean, MMOs are a type of game that really, if they change enough, could be done a biannual review, just to update on patches and the like. I mean, hell, early Cata was pretty awesome at least how I thought. But it was also a few months in that WoW started bleeding numbers.

I mean, I still am holding by my opinion of WoW if MoP is a success by checking out the end of the next two quarters and just how many players are running around by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh it's about right I guess. Me, I would give it a 9 so far. 1 point off only because they made very few new models for the new creatures and monsters just mainly new skins, was kind of disappointed with that but other than that I love it.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-10-06 at 07:39 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Metacritic is 4.3 out of 10. That's the right score.

Most reviews are off the questing experience. Cata was kind of graded of the new 1-60 plus the 80-85. MoP is just the 85-90. I think the score is a good range, questing was a lot of fun despite some of the scaling was a bit off.

10+ Year Old Account
    IGN lol people still read much less care what they say, sad really that people still put so much stock in what a select few have to say about a game and can't seem to form an opinion of their own.

For the record I'm playing MoP and it's the most fun I've had with the game in years, just so no one tries to misinterpret what I've said.

Deleted
    U can rate Mop only at the end... the only thing u're givin rating now is "quest leveling"...
    For the record I'm playing MoP and it's the most fun I've had with the game in years, just so no one tries to misinterpret what I've said
    Fine, now we know u do not do raids or u've never had fun in doin 'em...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Its silly, I remember a week into cata, people loved the game, it was not until a month into it that it felt bad. Im getting bored of mop faster than cata, artificially prolonging content though mandatory rep grinds just isnt for me.
    What part of them are mandatory, or even are artificial? you can't gain valor faster than rep. you have 5 weeks to get revered with them all. 5 weeks. and they could have just as easily made shando and celestial come out 2 months later, but god forbid ya gotta work for it. you dont need chants for them, and you can just as easily do heroics and raid for gear. ttyl

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by frengo123 View Post
    U can rate Mop only at the end... the only thing u're givin rating now is "quest leveling"...

Fine, now we know u do not do raids or u've never had fun in doin 'em...
    They are rating 5.0 -5.1.. wow needs to be rated per patch. for instance 4.0 I give a 8, 4.1 a 1, 4.2 a 7 , 4.3 a 5
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Metacritic is 4.3 out of 10. That's the right score.
    And 99% of them are troll reviews just like the D3 ones, It's nothing hard. Hence most people don't trust it; Well you trust it but hey that's all you.

Deleted
    1½ week? Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    1½ week? Seriously?
    Reasonable score, Hell you don't even have to experience the dungeons and all that. The environments itself along with the quest is fine as it is to give off the review and of course ''Gameplay''

What do you want them to review when It's like 5.5?

OMG NEW RAIDS
    OMG NEW uh 5 MANS?

Yada yada and minor patches like 5.1 just advances the story. Nothing more

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really all these rating site are more for amusement than to be taken seriously... in fact that's really true of all critics. The only person you should let tell you what you will like is yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    And 99% of them are troll reviews just like the D3 ones, It's nothing hard. Hence most people don't trust it; Well you trust it but hey that's all you.

As much trolls as fanbois so it evens out giving a fair score which now is 4.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    As much trolls as fanbois so it evens out giving a fair score which now is 4.3
    ~Shakes head~ I don't think you understood my post =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    If WotLK and Cata got more than 9 for launch content then MoP deserves 10.
    IGN recently changed their score system to bit more specific (I believe it used to be only x0/10 or x5/10 for few years..).

Thing is, wow is aging a lot nowdays for obvious reasons.
    Thats not to say its bad or anything, but same stuff - "same old".
    When Wotlk came about there was what? Warhammer and some smaller mmos competing, so some comparision was made to them.
    Start of wotlk still managed to "hold the crown" etc. Warhammer was hotkey mmo still and one of things it brought was pvp..and huge pvp battlezones. Otherwise it was similiar..only like age of conan was new. Not sure when that came (after or before wotlk)

Cata had similiar - no huge mmos near it..just rift.
    Rift was hotkey MMO too so no massive innovations there either - at the time at least (and rift came near 4.1 when cata review was done already)

Now MoP came around GW2 and SWTOR both of which pretty radically changed the style of MMORPG's so theres some comparision to be made (they cant strictly compare it to last expansion - they have to see how it compares with GENRE/Similiar in genre).
    Swtor had different combat system, tho still hotkey. Also was focused on story a lot. Bigger bangs than warhammer or rift had for sure (tho kinda died out after few patches, which reviews cant and wont take notice of)
    GW2 totally changed combat style, added pvp..well I'm sure we all know what its done and added. In short, GW2 was also big budget and game-changer.

So comparing MoP to gw2 and swtor..8.7 seems pretty good score.

Ign fails. Enough said.
    Their scores are so messed up.

Edit: anyone remember how they made a huge article defending EA after it got voted "worst company in america", blaming gamers and stuff? Yup, THAT'S ign.

Deleted
    You know, I heard the scores of video games on websites and magazines are VEEEERY objective and not inflated so as to not piss off the big sharks of the gaming industry who are also giving you free preview copies and interviews so you have something to put on your website/magazine so people visit/buy it.