Poll: Would you welcome back the WOLTK healing style?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you welcome back the WOLTK healing style?

So, question is in the title. I'm currently working on Gara'jal, and it's bringing me back to old times, just spamming Rejuv/Wild Growth, and competing with other healers through throughput, rather than class regen/throughput/random damage. Spam all you want, and never run out of mana, It's fantastic.

What are your thoughts?

I miss my chain heal from WoTLK

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpieboi View Post
    So, question is in the title. I'm currently working on Gara'jal, and it's bringing me back to old times, just spamming Rejuv/Wild Growth, and competing with other healers through throughput, rather than class regen/throughput/random damage. Spam all you want, and never run out of mana, It's fantastic.

What are your thoughts?
    I actually thought they were going to do this with monk healing. Instead of mana have the energy and chi as resources for healing, and use agility as the int stat

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone want a game design with infinite resources to spam with with?- Seems every expansion when people can't adjust and use their brain these threads come to life again.

Deleted
    I play disc, what is this "Spam all you want, and never run out of mana" thing you speak of? I would need to take every portal to never go oom if I wanted to play "compete with the other healers"

my fondest memories of the game are when i was a healer during WOTLK. i like a lot of the changes that have happened since then, and i think the game has improved in countless ways. but when i reminisce, my mental scrapbook is full of level 80 endgame.

Deleted
    Level 80 healing was dumb, very dumb (and I used to be healer back then)

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Level 80 healing was dumb, very dumb (and I used to be healer back then)
    Sorry, I'll take your level 80 healing and raise you level 70/Sunwell healing. THAT'S dumb healing: tuned around infinite resources and requiring a heal to go off every single GCD without fail or someone dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    Sorry, I'll take your level 80 healing and raise you level 70/Sunwell healing. THAT'S dumb healing: tuned around infinite resources and requiring a heal to go off every single GCD without fail or someone dies.
    80 healing was the same...LK hc could literally kill your tank in 1 second if unlucky with soul reaper, holy palas just spammed huge heals on the tank non stop for 15 minutes.

Tbh I'd rather have WotLK healing than Cata healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really care because i dont heal :P

Definitely no. The current healing style is the way it should be. Requires thought and if you don't heal properly you will fail. Seperates the bads from the good

10+ Year Old Account
    I grew rather too complacent with Wrath's healing style. Didn't mind it at the time but my god I don't miss it now.

I loved healing at 80, I miss it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed it, it was like..I was always doing something. I am not sure what people talk about not going out of mana, if your group made mistakes you could very well be oom. Hell, I remember before when cata new abilities were launching and all the new talents were out, We healers were going oom because the icc damage was not scaled for the healing, which messed things up. The top hps for each raid in cata did not suppress ICC 25h until Dragon Soul. Someone could die much easier in icc then in cata. You may have to think about the mana more in cata but in icc you had to be on the ball, it gave me an adrenaline.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

From the perspective of someone who played a holy priest - YES. It would make me consider playing again. While I still consider BC the best time for healing in the game, I really, really enjoyed my holy priest in WotLK. I didn't feel my mana was that excessive, I couldn't just keep spamming flash heal and never run out, and when I compared World of Logs from ICC to my WOL from Cata, honestly I used just as many different spells (sometimes more) in WotLK. Cata healing was really boring to me. Really spammy, using fast heals felt overly punishing, mana management without 5SR was really boring IMO, honestly I'd rather not manage mana at all than have my mana management be "cast flash heal less and use a CD every X minutes". I haven't played MoP at all - didn't buy it and wasn't in the Beta - but after talking to healing friends and reading the opinions of healers whose viewpoints I trust because we have similar dislikes and likes - I had a feeling I was not going to like the healing. If the next expac has a healing style more similar to WotLK, I'd definitely give it a try, especially since the few vague hints about the story are of much more interest to me than the MoP story - I would love another Legion theme expac.

Edit: Another point, I feel is missed in discussion of "resource" management, is that time can also be a resource. As a holy priest in WotLK I didn't feel I had unlimited mana, but I also didn't feel like managing it was extremely punishing. I liked the combo of reacting fast, maximizing GCDs, and having some mana management (but not extremely strict mana management). I hated that feeling of "crap, I cast a couple Flash Heals too many, guess we will die in 3 minutes."
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2012-10-06 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    You mean back when I could just spam Chain heal not worry about mana and could watch a movie while getting raid gear ? Nah, lol it was just too boring

I would like the BC style of healing which had some nice unique spells for each healer, some very efficient damage equalisers yet you could easily be punished mana wise if you didn't think on your feet through burst.

Now it feels every healer is the same, fire&forget heal + cd heal + efficient heal -->non efficient heal for burst. I realise it probably seemed like this back in BC, but it is actually a hps rotation now.

I had the most fun healing in Wrath. I started out healing there on my alt, actually, and loved it so much that I've been a healer 100% since then. I had funnier in wrath healing, and it was nothing to due with mana management - I liked the fast healing / needed reactions, my mana management really feels about the same. Healing has just felt so... slow, in cata and mop. I still enjoy it and still play a healer, just preferred the fast-paced encounters of wrath (including pvp).

what I really miss is divine intervention. it was just fun. :F

Deleted
    While I think healing styles have been watered down since cata began, with almost all having the same basic spells with 1 signature spell, I still think healers should have to worry about about mana rather than just spamming. So many healers who thought they were the shit rage quit and went dps in cata.

Healing in Wrath was basically a free ride.
    Last edited by mmoc53a5d0407d; 2012-10-06 at 06:43 AM.