Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im making a run to Panda Express anybody want anything ??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has stated that they want you to give it time, and wait for 5.1 for the real WAR to come.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heavier moments loose their weight if there's nothing calm, funny, or cheerful at stake. (See every great RPG ever made and their idyllic families and lives before the doom)

I have no doubt they looked at Cataclysm, and went, hey, we tried to be a downer on EVERYTHING there that the 'grittyness' lost any weight, it was just doom and gloom all off the heels of kicking Arthas off, if anything Pandaria should have been before Cataclysm if only to give us something to lose and make Deathwing really antagonistic.
    I know the story through the books but everyone who hasn't taken that avenue doesn't give two shits about Mr Death and Destruction. And even then Cataclysm's ingame story telling was just overall weak weak weak.

Mists of Pandaria and the Pandaren are a good thing, weather you like them or not, they're exactly what the game needs at the moment, and if I was a developer I'd have made the same call.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Well it's a bit late to complain now, just have to get on with it and save yourself some fruitless disappointment.

Deleted
    Tbh i think you miss the entire point of this expansion. This expansion's main underlying theme (not the location or its inhabitants) is the war between the Horde and the Alliance and what it will bring to Azeroth. While we go through the expansion we will be drawn more into the conflict and see first hand the repercussions it brings. By the end of the expansion Wrathion's prediction will lead the way for the next expansion (hopefully the return of the legion). The Pandaren are simply attempting to stop whatever they believe the war will bring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish people had a clue what they are talking about before making posts. WE ARE THE SCOUTING PARTY! If you gave 2 shits about wow lore you would know that. In patch 5.1 the horde and alliance armies turn up and you are going to get more war then has been in world of WARcraft before. And almost every patch after that the war gets worse and worse and we tear pandaria apart. This xpack will be the climax to the horde/alliance war.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    pandaran were specifically made for world of warcraft. this entire expansion has been based off a pandaran character that made it's debut in Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne.
    It was even earlier, he was a hidden NPC on one of the maps in WC3: Reign of Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    That character was a side-joke, never intended to be a serious race.
    This expansion clearly disagrees with you.

No matter how much you repeat "IT'S A JOKE, IT'S A JOKE, IT'S A JOKE" the joke's on you. We have Cultural kit for an asian inspired race, that has their own perceptions, values, and beliefs, and comes equipped with their own history-more so than any other "serious" race in Warcraft did right out of the box in the other expansions-and that's ON TOP of the other races they came along with.

And the fact that they were going to be in around Burning crusade as well.

And lastly, the Founding of Durotar is canon. There was even a quest in the old world where you found Chen Stormstout's lost kegs and brought them back to an orcish diciple of his brewing ways.

This mentality needs to die in a fire. Pandaren have been a serious instalment for a seriously long time-regardless what they may have started as.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    And Spacegoats do fit into WoW's lore?

Sorry. Pandarian have more basis in lore then Draenei do. And no-one complains about Draenei anymore.

Its even blantantly obvious they are related to the Furblogs and Wolvar distantly. Its not like antropamorphic animals aren't already in Warcraft lore.
    Well, it's a bit hard to complain about the Draenei when Blizz seems to have forgotten they exist (or is trying to forget). When was the last time they got any new lore?

I like some "cute" races (Gnomes are a favorite of mine) but I just don't like the aesthetics of Panderan for whatever reason, they stick out like a sore thumb to me. But I think I have the opposite complaint of OP, I HAAAATE the whole Horde and Alliance conflict, I think it's the worst executed storyline in WoW. In my opinion - it's fun in an RTS maybe, not so fun in an MMO where neither side can truly win and you get silly things like Sylvanas acting like Arthas and no one responds to it (other than Garrosh saying she's evil but then he apparently becomes "evil").
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2012-10-06 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    If Blizzard had wanted to make agame apart, or integrate them into Titan, I would have had no problem with the existence of pandaren and their lore.

But their endless stream of peaceful, happy drinking Starfleet explorers atmosphere is totally out of Warcraft context.

I come back every expansion to hate something and to WAR, not to solve problems about evil spirits and find reasons about what is worth fighting for.

I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.

I fight for Jaina Proudmoore and Theramore, I fight for Vrynn and his past suffering, I fight for Lothar, for Alleria, for Dannath, for Uther.

Pandaren, you're a wonderful and fresh race, but this conflict is beyond you, and you simply do not share the fury of our races nor will you ever understand it.

You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.

Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.

Garrosh has seen to that.
    Really? You fight for the traitor, Jaina Proudmoore? You must not have completed the Battle for the Undercity where she casts frost nova not just on you, but also on her liege lord.

But hey, keep fighting the other players of this game, even though they aren't the ones who tortured Bolvar Fordragon and damned him to an eternity of undeath. They're not the ones who took the horde counterpart, Thrall, and had him marry his heart's desire and become a father. Garrosh and Wrynn pale beside the original leaders of the two factions. Do you care what happens to them? I know I don't.

The real enemy is the one you pay your monthly subscription to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    It was even earlier, he was a hidden NPC on one of the maps in WC3: Reign of Chaos
    That WAS a joke though, they just expanded on it from there.

Hmm, well you already had talking, bipedal cows and blue space goats. Pandas don't seem out of the ordinary compared to that. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the Pandaren, I thought they fit in rather well.

Don't like it? TOR will be F2P next month and there are other options out there for you with less Pandas in them. Right now I'm switching up between GW2, Mists, annnnnnd PlanetSide 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Hmm, well you already had talking, bipedal cows and blue space goats. Pandas don't seem out of the ordinary compared to that. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the Pandaren, I thought they fit in rather well.
    Although, minotaurs are pretty well established fantasy creatures and tauren are just that with an american indian spin, and spacegoats were a mildly lore-breaking extension of Eredar. Pandaren has just been some easter eggs scattered about the place which is what is making people scratch their heads

Pandarens are cute :3

Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post
    Although, minotaurs are pretty well established fantasy creatures and tauren are just that with an american indian spin, and spacegoats were a mildly lore-breaking extension of Eredar. Pandaren has just been some easter eggs scattered about the place which is what is making people scratch their heads
    The Easter egg was a fan favorite so it's not that surprising.

I love pandaren, though I find it a little weird they joined the horde. I personally think an off-shoot of Mantids or Mogu should have been for the Horde, and Pandaren or the opposite mogu/mantid/fish people for the alliance. To me Mogu would fit in perfectly with Garrosh's intentions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    I love pandaren, though I find it a little weird they joined the horde. I personally think an off-shoot of Mantids or Mogu should have been for the Horde, and Pandaren or the opposite mogu/mantid/fish people for the alliance. To me Mogu would fit in perfectly with Garrosh's intentions.
    Garrosh aint my stinkin warchief!

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Garrosh leads the Horde, but he does not reflect it's peoples character. The Horde are honorable so are Pandaren. The Mogu on the other hand make the old Horde look like girl scouts and do not fit with the spirit of the Horde.

Also both they and the Mantid have racial superiority complexes roughly the size of Azeroth (though the Mantid appear as though they could overcome this in the future) and ergo unlikely join anyone.

I really don't what people have against the pandas, I mean tauren were also just invented out of nowere for Warcraft 3, yet nobody is going "THEY CLEARLY DON'T FIT THE LORE".