Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    pandaran were specifically made for world of warcraft. this entire expansion has been based off a pandaran character that made it's debut in Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne as a joke.
    There I fixed it for you blizz fanboy. Yup an entire expansion based around an in-joke, that's how much blizzard insult your intelligence, and it works.

Deleted
    You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.
    No I won't because I'm not able to do that on WoW. Assuming I was what would stop me from doing that with a pandaren character?

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    That character was a side-joke, never intended to be a serious race.
    And yet it was popular to merit it's own expansion. Funny how silly things turn serious, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    pandaran were specifically made for world of warcraft. this entire expansion has been based off a pandaran character that made it's debut in Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne.
    Yeah.. And again.. He was a gimmick. There were quite some people that liked this panda stuff.. And that's the only reason Blizzard implemented them. They don't fit into Warcraft. At all. They do not deliver the basics of Warcraft. And that is war, not peaceful drinking sessions with an evil spirit every now and again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    Yeah.. And again.. He was a gimmick. There were quite some people that liked this panda stuff.. And that's the only reason Blizzard implemented them. They don't fit into Warcraft. At all. They do not deliver the basics of Warcraft. And that is war, not peaceful drinking sessions with an evil spirit every now and again...
    Get used to it. Every game and gaming company does something, or implements a new feature into a game that people don't like. Guess what though? You'll keep on playing, and that's all that matters to Blizzard. This isn't a new theme, though. I remember when TBC was announced, and people were flipping out over the fact that Draenei and Blood Elves were being added. So this is nothing new. Just deal with it, or go play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    I guess he missed the entire point of the expansion that is: the war is pointless.
    The world needs peace.
    guess what....people DON'T want peace in the world of WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARcraft.

Been saying it since they revealed MoP

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    Gnomes are more of a joke than Pandaren are.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    Gnomes are more of a joke than Pandaren are.
    They are a joke too, but Blizzard had the common sense NOT TO BASE AN ENTIRE EXPANSION AROUND THEM, imagine the rage at that idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    There I fixed it for you blizz fanboy. Yup an entire expansion based around an in-joke, that's how much blizzard insult your intelligence, and it works.
    The race first appeared through a joke. That doesn't make the entire race a joke. Metzen himself said at the latest Blizzcon that the Pandaren have been the most requested and asked for race in World of Warcraft for a long time, and the Pandaren were planned to be the new Alliance race in Burning Crusade initially.

You see the race as a joke. The creators of the race don't agree with you.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    They are a joke too, but Blizzard had the common sense NOT TO BASE AN ENTIRE EXPANSION AROUND THEM, imagine the rage at that idea
    I would actually like a more in depth take at the gnome race and lore, may push me playing them.

Deleted
    Fanboys
    Fanboys everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    They are an April Fools joke, nothing more. They got traction because of fanboys, but a joke they remain.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:12 PM ----------

Settle down.
    Yes, because an idea can never be developed beyond its initially nature. And settle down about what ? I think Azivalla's argument made a lot of sense, actually, once you played through Pandaria's questzones and paid a little attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Fanboys
    Fanboys everywhere
    /pat /pat /pat

10+ Year Old Account
    Fanboys
    Fanboys everywhere
    Haters
    Haters everywhere
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    You know what's great? After MoP, pandas will fade in darkness. A forgotten race, both in lore, and players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find that, the fact that the Pandaren were used in an April Fools Joke in WoW, most people simply don't bother to continue reading and discover that they did play a minor role in Warcraft 3. Hell, Goblins and Dwarves play less of a role in Warcraft 1 and 2 than Chen does in War3.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what's great? After MoP, pandas will fade in darkness. A forgotten race, both in lore, and players.
    Yeah, and Blizzard will introduce something else, "new", that we haven't seen much of before, and the haters will respond with "OMG HOW DARE YOU INTRODUCE SOMETHING NEW TO THE GAME!".

Deleted
    like Draenei, Worgen, Gnomes, Goblins, and every other race that did not get their lore expanded enough. What should be new about that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Yeah, and Blizzard will introduce something else, "new", that we haven't seen much of before, and the haters will respond with "OMG HOW DARE YOU INTRODUCE SOMETHING NEW TO THE GAME!".
    Ponyland next expansion. Level your magic pony!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems op that this is nothing more then your opinion on what you don't manage to see as being part of wow because it doesn't suit your flavour, nothing more.
    #boycottchina