Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    What? The Minotaur is a creature in Greek mythology. He was inside the labyrinth in Knossos, at the island of Crete. Theseus killed him. Unless there is something I am missing I don't recall a minotaur in WoW.
    I think you two are talking about the same thing, but Dhrizzle was comparing the Minotaur to a WoW creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    That character was a side-joke, never intended to be a serious race.
    so were gnomes. so were goblins. yet theyre both in game as playable races.

i'm getting a bit tired of people using this lame, ridiculous, excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    There is plenty of war, you see that as you quest through the continent, the pandaren have experienced war in their own right, and we're the reason that the "evil spirits" appeared in the first place.
    Actually that is inaccurate. When the emperor shielded pandaria with the mists the sha's were born. They were already in pandaria long before the alliance and/or horde set foot at it's shores.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Actually that is inaccurate. When the emperor shielded pandaria with the mists the sha's were born. They were already in pandaria long before the alliance and/or horde set foot at it's shores.
    True, but our arrival is what caused the larger ones to manifest. I don't recall who said it (I think it was Lorewalker Cho during the Jade Forest questline), but he said that such large Sha were always considered myth to be used to scare children into behaving, or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    I think you two are talking about the same thing, but Dhrizzle was comparing the Minotaur to a WoW creature.
    Either way The Minotaur wasn't guarding the labyrinth. His father put him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    They are an April Fools joke, nothing more. They got traction because of fanboys, but a joke they remain.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:12 PM ----------

Settle down.
    Were.

Were an April Fools Joke.

They really haven't been for nearly a decade - yes, the initial traction was due to positive fan reaction, but that is well in the past, and Pandaren are, and have been, a legitimate part of the lore for a while.

At some point you just have to let it go that it started as an April Fool's joke and move on.

Deleted
    People fear what they dont understand, and since being afraid of something is considered weak, they hate it instead to make themselves feel better about not understanding it.

Its a very neanderthal way of living your life, basic and doesnt involve much thought.

Each to their own, let them hate. As long as there are people that seek knowledge and understanding the human race will not devolve into Troglodytes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    If Blizzard had wanted to make agame apart, or integrate them into Titan, I would have had no problem with the existence of pandaren and their lore.

But their endless stream of peaceful, happy drinking Starfleet explorers atmosphere is totally out of Warcraft context.

I come back every expansion to hate something and to WAR, not to solve problems about evil spirits and find reasons about what is worth fighting for.

I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.

I fight for Jaina Proudmoore and Theramore, I fight for Vrynn and his past suffering, I fight for Lothar, for Alleria, for Dannath, for Uther.

Pandaren, you're a wonderful and fresh race, but this conflict is beyond you, and you simply do not share the fury of our races nor will you ever understand it.

You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.

Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.

Garrosh has seen to that.
    exactly the same can be said about the Tauren......

I never said pandaren were a joke, not in this thread anyway, I mainly pointed out how they are too far out there to appreciate the blood feud that exists between the alliance and the horde. How unrelated they are to our heroes and our specific hardships.

Where were they during the First War?

Where were they during the Second War?

Where were they during the 2nd invasion of the Legion?

Where were they during the re-opening of the Dark Portal?

Where were they during Icecrown, when Azeroth's men and women held back Arthas' hand? Where would they be if we hadn't?

Nowhere. They'd all be dead and I'm surprised Deathwing didn't obliterate their continent to hell, after all he was the Earthwarder, he should have been aware of their existence. But I digress.

They're like children that step unto a battlefield to fight over who broke who's toy.

This is not their war.

This is not their universe.

Deleted
    That's just typical blizzard propaganda, chen had practically no personality before this expansion besides being a panda who can do kung fu, you hardly ever saw anyone talk about him before this expansion.
    No. There's really a lot of people that have always loved Chen, me including. A lot of people talked about him, and a lot of people wanted Pandaren and Brewmasters in the game. They were among the most popular ideas for new races and classes, and they were often brought up.
    As for his "personality" he didn't have a lot of screentime, but in that short time he showed a lot of character, mostly through his lines.
    I have more problems to characterize Boba Fett, to be honest.

If Blizzard had wanted to make agame apart, or integrate them into Titan, I would have had no problem with the existence of pandaren and their lore.

But their endless stream of peaceful, happy drinking Starfleet explorers atmosphere is totally out of Warcraft context.

I come back every expansion to hate something and to WAR, not to solve problems about evil spirits and find reasons about what is worth fighting for.

I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.

I fight for Jaina Proudmoore and Theramore, I fight for Vrynn and his past suffering, I fight for Lothar, for Alleria, for Dannath, for Uther.

Pandaren, you're a wonderful and fresh race, but this conflict is beyond you, and you simply do not share the fury of our races nor will you ever understand it.

You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.

Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.

Garrosh has seen to that.
    You are entitled to your opinion, but it is just that your opinion and in the grand scheme of things it is absolutely meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    No. There's really a lot of people that have always loved Chen, me including. A lot of people talked about him, and a lot of people wanted Pandaren and Brewmasters in the game. They were among the most popular ideas for new races and classes, and they were often brought up.
    Who?

WHO?

WHO?

I never said pandaren were a joke, not in this thread anyway, I mainly pointed out how they are too far out there to appreciate the blood feud that exists between the alliance and the horde. How unrelated they are to our heroes and our specific hardships.

Where were they during Icecrown, when Azeroth's men and women held back Arthas' hand? Where would they be if we hadn't?

Nowhere. They'd all be dead and I'm surprised Deathwing didn't obliterate their continent to hell, after all he was the Earthwarder, he should have been aware of their existence. But I digress.

They're like children that step unto a battlefield to fight over who broke who's toy.

This is not their war.

It's their universe as much as it is yours. That's a seriously disturbing end to that line of thought.

This is not their war.

if you go through and quest and learn about the wandering isle you will find out that pretty much all pandaren thought the world was destroyed during the sundering and that the legion had killed everyone. they believed that beyond the mists was a dead world only a small group of explorers ever left pandaria in the last 10,000 years
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted

This is not their war.

Most of them were on Pandaria and the Wandering Isle. Either you have not informed yourself or you're asking rhetorical useless questions.
    The short answer is, they weren't there, because a large part of who they are and what they do was developed just recently.
    Where were the Vrykul during the second war?
    Where were the Draenei during the first war?

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 03:46 PM ----------

Who?

WHO?

WHO?
    Look, you can act like a little child, but that doesn't change anything.

This is not their war.

Where were the Night Elves and the Tauren during the First War?

Where were the Night Elves and the Tauren During the Second War?

Where were the Humans and Orcs during the 1st invasion of the Legion?

Orcs and Humans would not have a world now.

Where were the Pandaren? They were being slaves to the Mogu that's were they were.

Stop trying to create the story. This isn't about the Alliance and the Horde. This isn't their war because this war is meaningless compared to the true war against the Burning Legion.

Alliance and Horde will be thankfull to the Pandaren because it is the Pandaren that will open their eyes and clear their vision.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they fit fine into WoW... in the same way the Tuskarr fit. Pandaren have absolutely no business dicking around in the Alliance/Horde with their culture, general outlook and attitude imo, especially with a brimming war going on.

Can't help but feel they'd have made a better NPC faction.

Where were the Night Elves, Tauren, and Draenei during these events?

These were times of Alliance and Horde cooperation.

By this logic, why didn't Deathwing obliterate the Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor?

To counter these, where were the members of the Alliance and Horde during the Pandaren war with the Mogu and Zandalari? They were in isolation, much like the Far East was in isolation from Europe during the Classical and Middle Ages.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Just because pandaren were placed in the original as a easter egg originally, doesnt mean they cant exist at all. People got interested and therefor lore was created to further them as a part of this fantasy world. Im pretty sure there is lots of things that are in WoW that never existed or were mentioned in WC 1-3 or books prior to first coming up in WoW.

Learn to not be so narrow-minded.