Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

Pandaren are a nice touch, but not made for Warcraft

If Blizzard had wanted to make agame apart, or integrate them into Titan, I would have had no problem with the existence of pandaren and their lore.

But their endless stream of peaceful, happy drinking Starfleet explorers atmosphere is totally out of Warcraft context.

I come back every expansion to hate something and to WAR, not to solve problems about evil spirits and find reasons about what is worth fighting for.

I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.

I fight for Jaina Proudmoore and Theramore, I fight for Vrynn and his past suffering, I fight for Lothar, for Alleria, for Dannath, for Uther.

Pandaren, you're a wonderful and fresh race, but this conflict is beyond you, and you simply do not share the fury of our races nor will you ever understand it.

You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.

Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.

Garrosh has seen to that.
    Last edited by ragnarokvr1; 2012-10-06 at 04:00 AM.

pandaran were specifically made for world of warcraft. this entire expansion has been based off a pandaran character that made it's debut in Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne.

There is plenty of war, you see that as you quest through the continent, the pandaren have experienced war in their own right, and we're the reason that the "evil spirits" appeared in the first place.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    If Blizzard had wanted to make agame apart, or integrate them into Titan, I would have had no problem with the existence of pandaren and their lore.

But their endless stream of peaceful, happy drinking Starfleet explorers atmosphere is totally out of Warcraft context.

I come back every expansion to hate something and to WAR, not to solve problems about evil spirits and find reasons about what is worth fighting for.

I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.

I fight for Jaina Proudmoore and Theramore, I fight for Vrynn and his past suffering, I fight for Lothar, for Alleria, for Dannath, for Uther.

Pandaren, you're a wonderful and fresh race, but this conflict is beyond you, and you simply do not share the fury of our races nor will you ever understand it.

You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.

Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.

What game are you playing?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    maybe hes a roleplayer..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    I was wondering the same game i mean yeah it has its serene moments but honestly that was valley of the fours winds the rest was just strife and turmoil

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

I guess he missed the entire point of the expansion that is: the war is pointless.
    The world needs peace.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Sorta agree.

Pandaren feel out of place in the game. To me it's obvious that they were an easter egg / april fools joke...

Yesterday I was doing a dungeon run with a blood elf death knight, undead warlock, orc warrior, troll priest, tauren druid and panda mage... The panda mage really was the odd one out in the picture.
    The odd thing here is that your dungeon had six people in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you didnt meet the Shado-Pan. and completely ignored every single zone aside from Valley of the 4 winds, and even there they fight like warriors. But w/e...

Deleted
    Remember a Lion only hunts when hungry.
    The advice Lorewalker Cho gives us Alliance players during the painting quest in JF.
    And the Lightbringer never praised mindless bloodshed.

And war is coming, we're just a scouting party trying to get the favor of the habitants of Pandaria, a land rich if resources.
    Both the Horde and Alliance have launched their fleets and it's on the way.
    If you'd just follow the story and paid some attention it's obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Sorta agree.

Pandaren feel out of place in the game. To me it's obvious that they were an easter egg / april fools joke...

Yesterday I was doing a dungeon run with a blood elf death knight, undead warlock, orc warrior, troll priest, tauren druid and panda mage... The panda mage really was the odd one out in the picture.
    Pandaren Fit in Warcraft's lore. However Warcraft's lore states that the Pandaren should be neutral, and they are not. That is why the panda mage in your group felt out of place.

I think the whole idea about the Mists of Pandaria is a great expansion and opens up whole new lore opprotinities. I just kind of wish that the pandaren weren't playable.

I do wish though that they added the Jinyu for alliance and the Hozen for horde. Those two races DO join the fight in their respective sides, and were in conflict and thus had the "war" feeling the pandaren do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    The odd thing here is that your dungeon had six people in it.
    BURN! tencharachters

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post

Soooooooo do you ever leave the house to get some sunlight?

The Pandaren are a force of balance not peace. They do fight and go to war but they do not forget that the ultimate purpose is not fighting and war in and of themselves. Mists isn't about finding peace it's about finding direction and the pandaren will help.

except... the expansion just came out, theres incoming content patches and another book coming out. Maybe you also forgot that we are bringing the war to them, if you played through the Alliance starting quests; the Gunship leaves to get MORE soldiers, Garrosh redirects the 'invasion fleet'. Just sit tight my Alli friend, your War is well on its way.

Might I also add that Metzen did say Pandaria would be a nice break before the coming expansions. (SPOILER) and considering Wrathion's Vision, I'm sure theres a lot worse on the way than just a racial war between Alli/Horde.
    Last edited by DexterityRogueFeathermoon; 2012-10-06 at 04:50 AM.
    O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    pandaran were specifically made for world of warcraft. this entire expansion has been based off a pandaran character that made it's debut in Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne.
    That character was a side-joke, never intended to be a serious race.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

15+ Year Old Account
    The one thing I do not like about the Pandarens are themselves hypocrites of their own race. The Pandarens are suppose to be about hearth and home yet the now they are suddenly suppose to join the Horde and the Alliance to go out and seek adventure? I can see a very few of them doing this but it is lore breaking...Your character is supposed to reflect the average of your race, not the other way around.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I'm loving my Pandaren monk quite a bit more than I thought I would.

However, I do think that aesthetically, they don't fit in Warcraft. But that's just my opinion. I've heard the whole, "Cow people, Dog people," argument, which has limited merit, but I just don't feel like they fit.

But, again, enjoying the heck out of mine. Made a Red Panda and named her Tanookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    That character was a side-joke, never intended to be a serious race.
    The April Fools thing was a joke. Chen Stormstout however was part of the founding of Durotar. He and Pandaren have had a big following since then and have been refenced in WoW since Vanilla.

http://www.wowpedia.org/To_Tame_a_Land
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Old_Hatreds
    http://www.wowpedia.org/A_Blaze_of_Glory
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Chen%27s_Empty_Keg

Good lord, have you even tried to read up on the Pandaren lore? How they were for centuries slaves of the mogu? Slaughtered by them and the Saurok? Used as fodder for the mantid? How they had to physically fight their way for power? No weapons or magic, just their own fists to defeat their overlords? And how for more centuries they get destroyed by the mantid every 100 years?

We can never understand their torment, their terrors, for they far surpass our own. They have to fight to simply exist peaceful against multiple fronts. And then they have to keep their emotions in check constantly. Be in control for all of their time lest the Sha gain more power. Pandaren are all about conflict despite their peaceful nature.