Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I couldn't disagree with you more. People really need to stop believing that just because the game is named "Warcraft", the entire planet of Azeroth needs to be smothered in wars between anyone and everyone because it's Warcraft so it has to be that way. The pandaren make perfect sense in terms of WoW lore (if you're willing to get past the "giant continent that's been hidden in mist for 10000 years" part, though even that's believable in terms of it being magic), considering a planet does not share a common culture/way of life throughout all of its continents.

Besides. I seem to recall seeing quite a bit of war in the Townlong Steppes/Kun-Lai Summit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    Pandaren Fit in Warcraft's lore. However Warcraft's lore states that the Pandaren should be neutral, and they are not. That is why the panda mage in your group felt out of place.

I think the whole idea about the Mists of Pandaria is a great expansion and opens up whole new lore opprotinities. I just kind of wish that the pandaren weren't playable.

I do wish though that they added the Jinyu for alliance and the Hozen for horde. Those two races DO join the fight in their respective sides, and were in conflict and thus had the "war" feeling the pandaren do not.
    Completely, utterly, definitely agree with this 100%..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Pandaren, you're a wonderful and fresh race, but this conflict is beyond you, and you simply do not share the fury of our races nor will you ever understand it.

You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.

Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.
    That's kind of the idea. They're a mirror to show how far the Alliance and Horde have fallen from their true glory days (the Second War for the Alliance and the Battle for Mt. Hyjal for the Horde, and the Might of Kalimdor for both) by having the pandaren continue to ask why until the factions realize they don't even realize why they're fighting beyond a common race war. It's meant to snap the factions into a "My God, what have we done?" moment, to pave the groundwork for the Army of Light (wherein we curb stomp the Legion).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    Pandaren Fit in Warcraft's lore. However Warcraft's lore states that the Pandaren should be neutral, and they are not. That is why the panda mage in your group felt out of place.

I think the whole idea about the Mists of Pandaria is a great expansion and opens up whole new lore opprotinities. I just kind of wish that the pandaren weren't playable.

I do wish though that they added the Jinyu for alliance and the Hozen for horde. Those two races DO join the fight in their respective sides, and were in conflict and thus had the "war" feeling the pandaren do not.
    Nowhere in the lore does it say that the Pandaren are neutral. It's the same with the goblins. Just because there is no current allegiance, doesn't mean you can't create a situation where that happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Nowhere in the lore does it say that the Pandaren are neutral. It's the same with the goblins. Just because there is no current allegiance, doesn't mean you can't create a situation where that happens.
    Even the pandaren who pick factions are implied to have little interest in the faction war. They joined the Alliance and Horde so they had a safety net while going out to try healing the world; it's likely that they share Taran Zhu's view on the faction war as being a race war that they have no interest in (outside as a test of skill when engaging in skirmishes).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

agree they dont fit but its too late now

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    actually tauren DO look like cows and are MEANT to look like COWS, they are based off the COW level from diablo blizzard has admitted this.

which means the tauren are based off a joke.

to say they arent cows is just delusional they even have a special emote for / moo

and before anyone says "YEAH BUT TAUREN AINT NEVAR HADS EXPANSION BASED ROUNDS THEM" whos to say they wont? maybe magatha bonds with the greatmother of the earth or something and turns the grimtotem into some army and decides to try and attack azeroth? it could happen :P
    Taurens aren't based off that joke in diablo. get real. Where did blizz say that? They don't look like cows at all and if they did, they would be just as childish as pandaren. Anyone who's never played wow would immediately think of pandaren as funny unlike tauren.

Panderan WERE and ARE a part of Warcraft, they appeared as an Easter egg in Warcraft 3, and are in the Bestiary. I understand that is your opinion but just because you feel they do not fit does not make that the case. They are as much a part of the game and lore as Trolls, Night Elves and any other race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    They don't look like cows at all and if they did, they would be just as childish as pandaren. Anyone who's never played wow would immediately think of pandaren as funny unlike tauren.
    Tauren are based on the Minotaur, which is a bull human hybrid, so even in its origin Tauren are based of cows, just accept it and that is a very great assumption there are plenty of people out there, who find tauren ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Think about why I said those two races. Neither one wears boots when you equip them. They wear leg warmers instead. Naga would simply have tail warmers.
    Trolls are that way as well, but I think it more boils down to riding a mount. I don't think blizzard is going to add a race unless they can give it legs to sit on a mount and not some kind of sled. o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    All races are based upon myths and legends. Not sure about Pandas and Draeneis (but Draeneis may be aliens).
    What about pandas? Kung-fu masters were humans( humans = already playable race).

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Sorta agree.

Pandaren feel out of place in the game. To me it's obvious that they were an easter egg / april fools joke...

Yesterday I was doing a dungeon run with a blood elf death knight, undead warlock, orc warrior, troll priest, tauren druid and panda mage... The panda mage really was the odd one out in the picture.
    Female gnome rogue with pink bunches reporting for duty, sir!

Actually they were created by a Warcraft artist, given lore by Warcraft creators and put into the game by Warcraft designers. Pandaren are very much Warcraft. Denial and crap opinions doesn't mean they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    Taurens aren't based off that joke in diablo. get real. Where did blizz say that? They don't look like cows at all and if they did, they would be just as childish as pandaren. Anyone who's never played wow would immediately think of pandaren as funny unlike tauren.
    A lot People who don't play WoW find the game childish. What makes the Pandaren themselves childish? If you say are based off of Pandas, what makes Pandas childish?

Female Dwarves and Tauren say Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft was not and will not ever be an average fantasy universe. It's place where magic works hand by hand with nuclear bombs and helicopters, flying wyverns with battle tanks, fireballs with guns, speaking cows with goblins and space goats. It's a perfect mix of everything and I like it. Pandaren does not look alien here at all, it's just talking bears with china-inspired lore, what's wrong with that?

I fight for Alleria.
    You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two.
    I just thought I would point this out. Technically they are the same race and the main reason why the Blood Elves are in the Horde is because the Alliance btrayed them.

OT: The Pandaren are probably in the game to get the sides to work together so that they are strong enough to defeat the Burning Legion. This is also a theme in Wrathion's questline.

Alliance would've been playing Panda's in BC if Blizzard didn't go with Draenei. Heard it from lead encounter designer Ion Hazzikostas on the MOP midnight launch party stream. So we would've had Panda's a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    What was exactly introduced? Only 2 units from pandaren, 1 the hero pandaren brewmaster, and 2nd is an actual bear panda that like animals walk on 4 legs, that's all
    Now tell me how many gnome units there were in Warcraft 3. It's actually kind of funny. In Warcraft 2 the flying machine was made by gnomes. In Warcraft 3 it's made by dwarves.

THERE ARE NO GNOMES IN WARCRAFT 3.

Oh, and there weren't any worgen either. So, by followign that logic, neither of these races should be playable. If Pandaren have more units than them yet shouldn't be playable then there's two more whole other races that shouldn't be included if we follow your logic. I could also argue draenei, but they're more complicated...
    Actually it shows to me they run out of ideas, back up ideas, and friends ideas, so they thought like "remember when we joked about pandas? Lets introduce them since we are completely dry out of easy to implement ideas"
    You not liking what lore they decide to use, and ignoring all the ground work already laid for them to use that lore, doesn't reflect on the abudance of ideas in any way shape or form. This is just you throwing a tantrum because you can't have your way.

Actually it shows to me they run out of ideas, back up ideas, and friends ideas, so they thought like "remember when we joked about pandas? Lets introduce them since we are completely dry out of easy to implement ideas"
    Ummmm I can tell you right now they haven't run out of ideas. I can name 3 possible expansions they can do right now and if I can do that, I know the people at Blizzard can think of more. Running out of ideas, going by your logic they must have started running out of ideas as the Pandaren was close to being the 2nd race in BC. Instead they chose space goats in which they had to change the lore quite a bit to make them fit. They have a lot of stuff left to address lore wise so they aren't in danger of running out of ideas and if they do, make new lore. This is one reason why I like MoP, they made new lore.