Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you think they're all about peace then you didn't read any of the quests....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I just thought I would point this out. Technically they are the same race and the main reason why the Blood Elves are in the Horde is because the Alliance btrayed them.

OT: The Pandaren are probably in the game to get the sides to work together so that they are strong enough to defeat the Burning Legion. This is also a theme in Wrathion's questline.
    The Alliance didn't betray them. They betrayed the Alliance by joining the Horde.

OP Obviously has not played Warcraft for long or just knows nothing of the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The Alliance didn't betray them. They betrayed the Alliance by joining the Horde.
    The Alliance pretty much kicked them out and imprisoned them because a racist general wouldn't help the elves and the elves found help from the Naga.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Instead of adding more races they should have expanded on the current ones, spend time re doing them making them look better and add more hairstyles, faces etc.

But if you absolute must add new races, there are far better candidates than blue goats, werewolves and pandas, sadly Alliance seems to have gotten all the shit races, at least Horde races make some sort of sense, BEs being outcasts and hating the Alliance and the Goblins are a natural fit, Panda's arent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Sorta agree.

Pandaren feel out of place in the game. To me it's obvious that they were an easter egg / april fools joke...

Yesterday I was doing a dungeon run with a blood elf death knight, undead warlock, orc warrior, troll priest, tauren druid and panda mage... The panda mage really was the odd one out in the picture.
    How ironic this post is... Is just awesome... You include a Blood Elf and the PANDAREN feels out of place? lol ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Instead of adding more races they should have expanded on the current ones, spend time re doing them making them look better and add more hairstyles, faces etc.

But if you absolute must add new races, there are far better candidates than blue goats, werewolves and pandas, sadly Alliance seems to have gotten all the shit races, at least Horde races make some sort of sense, BEs being outcasts and hating the Alliance and the Goblins are a natural fit, Panda's arent.
    It's high fantasy. They could make a race of sentient pink bouncy balls and it would fit. That's kind of the point of fantasy.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Rated 12+ video game with cow men and gnomes with age groups as low as 6 to as high as 70 or more. Yep pandaren seem to fit in pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    its obviously why we just got a new xpac all about pandaria and playable pandarens and more specifically, the monk class.
    try to think why on hell blizzard's top executives gave a green light on a product so similar in concept to KFP at time where they are losing subs by the millions?
    any company putting out products similar by concept to other existing products allready in the market are trying to commercially Suicide..unless..

it was never a question of who came first with the concept of a martial arts panda fighting bear from the time of WC3 or the time of KFPs...
    blizzard just want to ride the popularity wave of both of KFP films and Mulan films and come up with a product that Complementary the genre rather then start a court war with walt disney and all to attrack that same audiance of millions to come and sub to the game. thats the true reason.

and thats also the reason we never saw a single pandaren or pandaria in the game so far even if blizz PR guys was forever saying that the pandarens were originally ment to be the new ali race in the first ever xpac...i think ita a lie, watch criss listing the races he wanted to add...you will not find pandarens there..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kei61shkWhU 07:45 in....
    Excellent notes, also I want to add that China market alone (not counting rest of eastern world) is more than all Eu and US market combined...
    The question I don't have answer for that, are they MMO gamers? (Korea is legend in SC but that is different type)

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    THERE ARE NO GNOMES IN WARCRAFT 3.
    They are in warcraft 2 (gnomish submarine) and 3 (gyrocopter, that unit that cost 1 food and can be used as scout, upgraded to aoe spalsh air and still suck, just get a farmer better than it)
    Just check Garithos story
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    pandaran were specifically made for world of warcraft. this entire expansion has been based off a pandaran character that made it's debut in Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne.
    Exactly right.

Crazy initial post.

History of pandaren in Warcraft

Pandaren, for the reason(s) above and within the link, couldn't be much more for / of the World of Warcraft.

i agree with all the options they chose pandas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    The Alliance pretty much kicked them out and imprisoned them because a racist general wouldn't help the elves and the elves found help from the Naga.
    It was an unfortunate situation. Garithos should've helped them, and I can see that they were kind of forced to ally with the Naga, but the Alliance didn't kick them out because Garithos was a racist. Garithos was definitely an idiot and a racist, but you can't blame the whole Alliance for that. The reason why Garithos wanted to execute them was exactly because they allied with the Naga. His low opinion of the Blood Elves might have played some part in this - that and the fact that they allied with monsters. It's really ironic in a sense. But the Alliance didn't betray them. What the Blood Elves did was betrayal. They allied with the orcs. The very race that wrecked Azeroth and their own homeland in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    If Blizzard had wanted to make agame apart, or integrate them into Titan, I would have had no problem with the existence of pandaren and their lore.

But their endless stream of peaceful, happy drinking Starfleet explorers atmosphere is totally out of Warcraft context.

I come back every expansion to hate something and to WAR, not to solve problems about evil spirits and find reasons about what is worth fighting for.

I figh for the hate I feel for my ravaged lands and my murdered heroes, I fight for the lust of revenge and the desire to shed the blood of my enemies until the rivers run red with it, I fight in the name of the Light and with the forces of the elements to resolve unquenchable blood feuds with this alliance that is the Horde.

I fight for Jaina Proudmoore and Theramore, I fight for Vrynn and his past suffering, I fight for Lothar, for Alleria, for Dannath, for Uther.

Pandaren, you're a wonderful and fresh race, but this conflict is beyond you, and you simply do not share the fury of our races nor will you ever understand it.

You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.

Go back to your Mists and take care of your evil spirits problems, the rest of the world is at war with its own past, and will be forevermore.

Garrosh has seen to that.
    This game is a fantasy MMO, designed for people over the age of 12. If you want gore, I suggest perhaps Deadspace? Or a modded Skyrim, for that fantasy feeling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Just check Garithos story
    I know his history quite well.

It was an unfortunate situation. Garithos should've helped them, and I can see that they were kind of forced to ally with the Naga, but the Alliance didn't kick them out because Garithos was a racist. Garithos was definitely an idiot and a racist, but you can't blame the whole Alliance for that. The reason why Garithos wanted to execute them was exactly because they allied with the Naga. His low opinion of the Blood Elves might have played some part in this - that and the fact that they allied with monsters. It's really ironic in a sense. But the Alliance didn't betray them. What the Blood Elves did was betrayal. They allied with the orcs. The very race that wrecked Azeroth and their own homeland in the first place.
    A few things. The Blood Elves would not have allied with the Naga were it not for Garithos' prejudice, so it's an infinite circle jerk of blame here. The Blood Elve's did what was necessary to survive, and Garithos used it as an excuse to turn the Alliance against them.

Second thing, the Orcs had nothing to do with destroying the Blood Elves' land. That would be the Scourge.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Garithos left them to fight against undead wtih "sticks and harsh language". Much of a ally is he.

No, they didn't allied with the orcs. They allied with their former ranger general whose people happens to be allied with the Horde. And from a strategic standpoint, you really think Blood Elves would have any chance of fighting against Forsaken with their population decimated?

Humans failed to support them when they needed it the most, where Forsaken came in the time of need. They only made natural decision.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 10:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Second thing, the Orcs had nothing to do with destroying the Blood Elves' land. That would be the Scourge.
    And this. I know I've forgot something in my original reply...

10+ Year Old Account
    There was also a long, bitter war with the Amani; something the Blood elves seem to have ignored when working with trolls (different tribe, but elves are hardly known for their understanding).

But as for the OP, I'm kind of with him. I wouldn't complain about the Pandaren, and my warrior currently is one because they're a good laugh, but I can see where people are coming from when they ask if Blizzard is trolling them with all this. I've tried, really hard, to take the Pandaren seriously - and I just can't do it.

Honestly?

They're ridiculous.

That statement doesn't mean they shouldn't be in the game, or that the game is now somehow less fun due to their involvement (it's not), it's just the way I feel about the race as a whole.

Deleted
    A few things. The Blood Elves would not have allied with the Naga were it not for Garithos' prejudice, so it's an infinite circle jerk of blame here. The Blood Elve's did what was necessary to survive, and Garithos used it as an excuse to turn the Alliance against them.

I can see that siding with the Naga, at least temporarily, was necessary, but you can't deny that Kael'Thas led the Blood Elves to ruin.
    After what happened with Garithos they should've seeked council with other Alliance members, instead of following Illidan and his Naga to Outland.

And the orcs wrecked Silvermoon in Warcraft 2.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 08:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    Garithos left them to fight against undead wtih "sticks and harsh language". Much of a ally is he.

No, they didn't allied with the orcs. They allied with their former ranger general whose people happens to be allied with the Horde. And from a strategic standpoint, you really think Blood Elves would have any chance of fighting against Forsaken with their population decimated?

Humans failed to support them when they needed it the most, where Forsaken came in the time of need. They only made natural decision.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 10:05 AM ----------

And this. I know I've forgot something in my original reply...
    Yes Garithos. ONE member of the Alliance. You don't honestly expect every other Alliance general would've done the same.
    And yes they did ally with the orcs. The orcs are the head of the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    If not for Naga help... there would be no more high (or blood) elves race at all in warcraft world, and no one in alliance tried to stop that
    I can easily call that betrayel
    And horde were enslaved by demons back then, blame the master who call the strings not the puppet
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    If not for Naga help... there would be no more high (or blood) elves race at all in warcraft world, and no one in alliance tried to stop that
    The Naga didn't help them out of the kindness of their hearts.

I can easily call that betrayel
    Yes, Garithos betrayed them. But not the whole Alliance. Instead of siding with the Horde in TBC they had all the chances to try and reconcile with the Alliance. Varian would not have turned them away.

And horde were enslaved by demons back then, blame the master who call the strings not the puppet
    I hate that shitty excuse.
    They were still the ones who embraced the demon blood.
    And bloodlust is in their genes.