Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    But how is that such a big issue.

How is it so bad that people need to constantly say they're childish and try and convince the players, who like them, that they're childish.
    You know that transition from childhood to adulthood? You know how there are people who really struggle coming to terms on what it means to be mature and immature? It is basically a manifestation of those feelings. If it even has the hints of being something marketed towards kids they will lambast it. Which, in itself, is childish but the lack of maturity from that crowd tends to cause them to be blinded by their own hubris.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Im curious on where do this people that think that pandarens are "too childish" draw the line?
    Cow People ... not childish
    Wolf People ... not childish
    Blue Goat People ... not childish

and then npcs
    Walrus People .. not childish
    Fish People .. not childish

Pandaren : OMG KUNGFU PANDA, THIS GAME SUXS, KIDS MOVIE INTO WOW
    Meh.

/10chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    Meh.

/10chars.
    Mind elaborating Mr. Hollow Ichigo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Congelatore View Post
    They gained traction because of fanboys as was previously mentioned. They discussed the Panda race at length in the CE DVD. They were never intended for WoW. They were only an April fool's prank that gained transaction once people liked how they looked and a Blizzard artist continued to create artwork for them.

An April fool's joke ballooned into a joke of new playable race. Unfortunately, it is here to stay.
    An April Fool's joke the playerbase liked and actually wanted when they were also in a Blizzard game and now they're also in World of Warcraft.

Deal with it or quit the game, man. We get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree 100%. No one is forcing you to play MoP dude. If you don't want a game with Pandas, then play that PoS Guild Wars 2 and have nothing to do at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I would actually like a more in depth take at the gnome race and lore, may push me playing them.
    Gnomes are a titan creation, affected by the curse of flesh to turn them into a mortal race. Like the dwarves, and to a certain degree, humans. Because they were orignally mechanical creation (mechanomes), they have an inclination for making mechanical devices (engineering). Whereas the dwarves were originally stone, and so have more of a passion for mining/digging and such. That was all developed in Wrath of the Lich King. Do you want to play a gnome now?

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    I agree 100%. No one is forcing you to play MoP dude. If you don't want a game with Pandas, then play that PoS Guild Wars 2 and have nothing to do at all.
    We can see from this post that haters are indeed going to hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pandaren aren't all "there is only peace!" There is farming, kicking back in the town watering vegitables and stuff, but that is a small part. I skipped over most of it while leveling my warrior.

At the heart of all of Pandaria is various wars. Not the least of which is the pandaren rising up against their Mogu overlords, toppeling their stranglehold on the land, and then, pretty much, taking over the lands themselves. They're more willing to live side by side with the other races, but you don't see them tearing down that wall.

And if you want war, play the Dreadwastes. I love the Klaxxi. There are two groups. There's the Empress and those who follow her, who are possessed/influenced by Sha, and want to break through the wall and start taking over pandaria. Then there are the others, that players work with. They want to tear through the wall and take over pandaria... but not yet! They have a very specific cycle to follow, and the Sha have started the fight early, so basically they aren't prepared yet. They are warring within their own kind, and because they're not on the same page, they're not going to be prepared to fight the bigger, common enemy.

Which is a set up for the Alliance-Horde conflict. How many times has the same force threatened both sides? And yet Alliance and Horde can't/won't/struggle to work together to fight it. If they'd just get on the same page, they'd be a stronger force against outside enemies.

TL;DR Pandaren aren't about peace, they're about fighting when you Need to, not just because you Want to. I think it fits in with WoW's overall themes very nicely.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Congelatore View Post
    They gained traction because of fanboys as was previously mentioned. They discussed the Panda race at length in the CE DVD. They were never intended for WoW. They were only an April fool's prank that gained transaction once people liked how they looked and a Blizzard artist continued to create artwork for them.

An April fool's joke ballooned into a joke of new playable race. Unfortunately, it is here to stay.
    Yeah. Fans really did like the April Fool's joke they made over a decade ago which is why they included a hero unit in a story campaign and enemies and neutral NPCs across a handful of other maps
    The Frozen Throne.

That was nine years ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Yeah. Fans really did like the April Fool's joke they made over a decade ago which is why they included a hero unit in a story campaign and enemies and neutral NPCs across a handful of other maps
    The Frozen Throne.

That was nine years ago.
    And the fans continued to like them over those years and constantly asked about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    And the fans continued to like them over those years and constantly asked about them.
    I know. I'm just repeatedly pointing out exactly how old this joke they think is so important is and how long ago they were really added to lore.

I know they will still keep giving the same BS excuse, but it's worth repeating.

Deleted
    I know. I'm just repeatedly pointing out exactly how old this joke they think is so important is and how long ago they were really added to lore.

I know they will still keep giving the same BS excuse, but it's worth repeating.
    Alright, misunderstanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first heard about the expansion I was like "omg panda's? that is going to look stupid!" and now I have a pandaren monk as my current main heh. Thought the Tillers would be dumb but it's actually some of the more entertaining dailys you end up doing. MoP has been a lot of fun for me.

The whole Asian theme doesn't bother me as WoW has always themed out a lot of it's content. Not any more out of place then Uldum's egyptian theme or the Romanian style of the Worgen area. At least the Pandaren got a bit more investment into the story than the Worgen or Goblin's did.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Im curious on where do this people that think that pandarens are "too childish" draw the line?
    Cow People ... not childish
    Wolf People ... not childish
    Blue Goat People ... not childish

and then npcs
    Walrus People .. not childish
    Fish People .. not childish

Pandaren : OMG KUNGFU PANDA, THIS GAME SUXS, KIDS MOVIE INTO WOW

I can answer this relatively easy at least for myself anyway.

Cow people were easy enough to get around cause they were close enough to a minotaur that one could accept it.

Wolf people the same as the above.

However, Blue goat people pushed players limits and the story that came along with them but they had so little to do in the expansion it was easy enough to skip them. As a playable race, you didn't really have to do anything at all with them. So that imaginary breaking point line people have was there and this race pushed gamers close to it but limited exposer helped not kill the buzz of the expansion.

Now bring in the walrus people of Lich King and thank God they were only NPC. They were another addition to the game that should have ended up on the development room cutting floor. Another push to that breaking point time for some gamers but since they were NPCs the resulting addition of them was limited but still quite stupid in the overall WOW universe and pushed gamers still closer to that breaking point line.

Now you bring in the pandas.

An entire expansion built around them that is totally different than what was done with the blue goats, then piggy backing off the popularity of a much broader scoped kungfu panda to hit a much broader scope of casual players. The same race we played as an easter years pasted but many probably never seen them till someone else told them about it and they went back to see it in WC3, then the massive April Fools joke about them when any other race could have been used but pandas were chosen instead. Why? Probably cause they were a joke around the office.

All that leads in some sense to why people dislike the race and expansion.

Over time some gamers were pushed closer and closer to that "last straw" moment. Pandas were it, if not pokemon or farmville or any other number of features. At some point, they decided there not going to support or fund MoP for whatever reason pushed them there. Take your pick or come up with something on your own but pandas was the last straw for a good many people.

It's great people like MoP and you don't have to agree with me but if you really can't understand how some don't or how some have put up with certain WOW additions and this one being the last straw in a large stack of straw, then it's not the gamers that dislike MOP that need to broaden there minds for understanding.

I can get how you might like MoP but can you honestly say you can't understand how some gamers don't ?
    Last edited by quras; 2012-10-08 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand the hate. It's part of the Warcraft lore and game... Too many people like to complain over nothing just so they have something to do in life.

Now, I could see the hate if this were World of Warcaft: Moo Cows Don't Really Exist.

Really hope someone gets that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    You will never understand the joy I feel when I slash a blood elf in two or cleave an orc's head off his shoulders. That is the real war.
    And in what game does this happen? Not in WoW at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ituhippi View Post
    And in what game does this happen? Not in WoW at least.
    And I have yet to see the Blood Elf models or Orc models be capable of doing that.

Side note: 2000 posts WHOOP.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Now you bring in the pandas.

An entire expansion built around them that is totally different than what was done with the blue goats, then piggy backing off the popularity of a much broader scoped kungfu panda to hit a much broader scope of casual players. The same race we played as an easter years pasted but many probably never seen them till someone else told them about it and they went back to see it in WC3, then the massive April Fools joke about them when any other race could have been used but pandas were chosen instead. Why? Probably cause they were a joke around the office.

All that leads in some sense to why people dislike the race and expansion.

Over time some gamers were pushed closer and closer to that "last straw" moment. Pandas were it, if not pokemon or farmville or any other number of features. At some point, they decided there not going to support or fund MoP for whatever reason pushed them there. Take your pick or come up with something on your own but pandas was the last straw for a good many people..

I can get how you might like MoP but can you honestly say you can't understand how some gamers don't ?
    I understand that there are many people ignorant of WoW lore and that the joke this entire tantrum stems from predates Warcraft 3.

It has been over a decade! GET OVER IT!

I understand how people don't want pandaren in wow.

I understand how people want pandaren in wow.

I understand how a product cannot satisfy both groups.

I understand that there are many people ignorant of WoW lore and that the joke this entire tantrum stems from predates Warcraft 3.

It has been over a decade! GET OVER IT!
    I'd also like to add to your post by saying to Quras the following...

By constantly complaining about it and whining, you're being no better than what you hate.

Secondly, who cares? Don't play then. Stop complaining about it constantly and just subject MMO-Champion plus everything about the game from your life.

10 million+ of us love the game. You just need to deal with that my friend.