Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The hostility of people on this forum is amazing. The patch is major if you enjoy the following

New daily quest hubs and faction reputations will be available to adventurers eager to do their part in the brewing conflict.
    For the escalating conflict you'd figure they'd have I don't know some new battlegrounds or something. It's underwhelming for what it represents and a waste of an opportunity.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Yeah thats my point. No needs me to tell them the patch sucks, and no needs Blizzard to tell them the patch will be amazing. How about players just decide based on the actual features in the patch, not on the marketing PR Blizzard spews out.

And if you read my post history you will see i'm not really much of a GW2 fan, to say the least.
    That is Blizzards transgression. Marketing. Not even aggressive marketing mind you. Just Marketing. HUH?!

Yeah thats my point. No needs me to tell them the patch sucks, and no needs Blizzard to tell them the patch will be amazing. How about players just decide based on the actual features in the patch, not on the marketing PR Blizzard spews out.

And if you read my post history you will see i'm not really much of a GW2 fan, to say the least.
    So you hate on wow, and you hate on GW2. No one cares about your post history, and I don't see how Blizzard announcing an upcoming patch via blue post is an insanely irregular or different way of marketing (spewing? really?)
    Would you rather Blizzard implemented patches unannounced?
    ~Vayuu
    ~Lapietra
    ~Lapslock
    ~Rubmybeam

[Barthilas]

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    don't forget MAJOR patch 2.2 - voice chat. MAJOR
    Holy hell if they ever add voicechat back to the game I am quiting.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

The point was that they said it at all. Its a very clear attempt of influencing players to believe this is a 'major patch' based on how Blizzard describes it, instead of players basing their opinion on the actual features in the patch.
    So you know everything that is going to be in the patch? Didn't think so. Stfu and sit down.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Holy hell if they ever add voicechat back to the game I am quiting.
    Voice chat is still in the game..... Might as well cancel now!

10+ Year Old Account
    The point was that they said it at all. Its a very clear attempt of influencing players to believe this is a 'major patch' based on how Blizzard describes it, instead of players basing their opinion on the actual features in the patch.
    And then there's advertisement, product placements, PR startegies that do exactly the same. You don't see people discussing them on forums though!
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

You're right no one NEEDS Blizzard to do it but guess what? Blizzard NEEDS to do it. It's called advertising, capitalism and all that. I mean jeez dude, would you rather Blizzard say, we have a meh patch for you with meh features... MEH.

"Zarhym

That's right, folks. Development on the first major content patch for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is well underway! We're currently making preparations to bring some of the initial content and updates we've been working on for this patch to the Public Test Realms. So you ask, "what will we find in the first 4.1 test client?" (You did ask that, right?) Well, let me tell you!
    The Gurubashi Tribe Persists
    Originally a 20-player dungeon released in patch 1.7, Zul'Gurub will once again open its gates, featuring updated lore, all-new encounters, achievements, and improved loot! Zul'Gurub is now a level-85 five-player Heroic difficulty dungeon. To provide a new tier above the current Cataclysm dungeons, players can expect to find epic-quality item level 353 loot. The minimum average item level to enter this Heroic dungeon is 346.
    The Return of Zul'Aman
    Ever a player favorite, the level-70 ten-player dungeon of Zul'Aman is being reintroduced as a level-85 Heroic five-player dungeon. Zul'Aman will join Zul'Gurub in a new Dungeon Finder tier of Heroic dungeons, providing epic-quality item level 353 loot. The minimum average item level to enter this Heroic dungeon is also 346. While Zul'Aman will be more of a throwback to the original dungeon featuring many of the same encounters, players can expect to find some updated gameplay mechanics, as well as new environment textures and lighting.

With the Zuls returning, you may be wondering about the unique mounts that were once contained therein. We're pleased to announce that new versions of the rare raptor, tiger, and bear mounts will be available, while the old versions of these mounts will remain unique to those who already have them. We'll reveal more about how these updated mounts can be obtained in the future.
    Class Design
    While we do intend to make fewer balance changes in patch 4.1, you can still expect to find a fair number of updates. Below are just a few we'd like to share with you right now. Keep in mind these changes don't encompass the entirety of the 4.1 changes, nor do the initial Public Test Realm patch notes.

To start, we want to do a better job of balancing the AoE power of the different damage-dealing specs. You can expect to see some changes to this end made throughout the testing process.

(Spell #1134) is now available at level 56. It was intended to solve an excess rage problem that largely isn’t affecting warriors anymore. We’ve added a replacement ability for warriors at level 83: Rallying Cry.

Colossus Smash now ignores 70% of an opponent's armor, down from 100%. We are compensating Fury and Arms warriors by increasing the damage of other attacks.

Word of Glory: We want Retribution and Protection paladins to have reasonable healing on themselves or others, but we know paladins sometimes feel like they can’t use their Holy Power on anything but their heals in some situations. We’d rather these two specs spend most of their Holy Power on damage-dealing abilities, with occasional healing.
    More To Come
    We're still hard at work on additional features, balance updates, and bug fixes for patch 4.1. We look forward to sharing more information with you in the days and weeks ahead as we release new content on the Public Test Realms. Until then, have a look at the patch notes we've prepared thus far. As always, these notes are not final and will continue to change as we go through the iterative development and testing processes."

Concrete evidance OP is wrong.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=183565/p...tr-patch-notes
    Last edited by crejack; 2012-10-06 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    So you know everything that is going to be in the patch? Didn't think so. Stfu and sit down.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:03 AM ----------

Voice chat is still in the game..... Might as well cancel now!
    Lies, I've been playing since patch 1.12 and the never added any voice chat to the game.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The hostility of people on this forum is amazing. The patch is major if you enjoy the following

For the escalating conflict you'd figure they'd have I don't know some new battlegrounds or something. It's underwhelming for what it represents and a waste of an opportunity.
    They said there was more to come, and come on the damn xpac hasn't been out a month, you're already wanting a new bg? How about you enjoy the two they gave us and play those for a little bit before whining about wastes of opportunity? I saw this same thing happen in SWTOR, people were angry that after two months of the game being out there wasn't another dungeon, another raid, and another Warzone..... people can never be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekyArcher View Post
    You're right no one NEEDS Blizzard to do it but guess what? Blizzard NEEDS to do it. It's called advertising, capitalism and all that. I mean jeez dude, would you rather Blizzard say, we have a meh patch for you with meh features... MEH.
    No, I guess I would just like playerbase that is smarter than,

"OHH BLIZZ SAYS ITS A MAJOR PATCH!"
    "What is it?"
    "DAILY QUESTS!!!"

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Lies, I've been playing since patch 1.12 and the never added any voice chat to the game.
    No I knew a couple of folks who voice chatted but since most people don't you barely even here about it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 06:11 AM ----------

"What is it?"
    "DAILY QUESTS!!!"
    Who are you made at Blizz, the players, or both?

P.S. Stop insulting people. This can easily be a civilized discourse if we all let it.

"What is it?"
    "DAILY QUESTS!!!"
    ...Except no one I've seen has really said anything like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    snip
    To be fair, that's a really weak example because that was a fairly bad patch. I mean I really like ZG, I think it's a really well thought out instance, and well balanced, but it's still the weakest patch since 2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    To be fair, that's a really weak example because that was a fairly bad patch. I mean I really like ZG I think it's a really well thought out instance, and well balanced, but it's still the weakest patch since 2.2.
    TBF none of what you said matters. The OP is clearly against the use of MAJOR, when blizzard has and will use MAJOR on every single X.X patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyArcher View Post
    They said there was more to come, and come on the damn xpac hasn't been out a month, you're already wanting a new bg? How about you enjoy the two they gave us and play those for a little bit before whining about wastes of opportunity? I saw this same thing happen in SWTOR, people were angry that after two months of the game being out there wasn't another dungeon, another raid, and another Warzone..... people can never be happy.
    I didn't expect much at this point but it still seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity. It gives more of something we already have a plethora of and isn't very in the spirit of oncoming war. HEY GUYS ALLIANCE/HORDR ARE HERE YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. Quest...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-06 at 06:16 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess because I feel they are being deceptive. I do understand they need to sell their product. It just just seems like they are leading the playerbase into a false mindset of expectations for WoW, trying to put out as little content as possible but sell it as something big. And yes I realize that is how most companies work, but I don't have to like it.
    Given how much content there is in MoP and how soon 5.1 is likely to drop, you really want to make the argument that Blizzard is 'trying to put out as little content as possible"?

I don't care how they sell it since the list of stuff that's likely to be in it is right there for anyone to read. I'm also not sure that that means that they're being deceptive either but that can wait until it actually comes out.

People can make up their own minds about that without threads from you or me telling them what to think.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

You're really reaching here. They state exactly what content is in the patch. Doesn't matter what they call it as long as they are transparent. Every business has to hype itself.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

"What is it?"
    "DAILY QUESTS!!!"
    ..... Seriously? What makes you smarter than the rest of us? I am excited about some of the stuff but I always like seeing new content/new features, means the game is growing. I don't necessarily think that everything is amazing but damn you're hating on it before you even see it.

Oh wise sage please teach us your ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Given how much content there is in MoP and how soon 5.1 is likely to drop, you really want to make the argument that Blizzard is 'trying to put out as little content as possible"?
    Actually yea I would make that argument. The majority of the content is just massively gated at this point. I mean it may as well be 9 months without shit to do because they backed it up so much with repetitive bullshit. Take out the rep grind, massive amounts of daily quests and slow slow slow vp/jp gain and what do you get? In other words pretend this same amount of actual crap was in the cata/wotlk model. Would you argue it was all that much then? Well it sure as hell wouldn't feel that way.
    The hammer comes down: