Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    I didn't expect much at this point but it still seems like a bit of a wasted opportunity. It gives more of something we already have a plethora of and isn't very in the spirit of oncoming war. HEY GUYS ALLIANCE/HORDR ARE HERE YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. Quest...
    Well actually yeah.
    Hey guys alliance/horde are here... quest to build up our fortifications.... and after we have done that for a while....> WARR!!!!! ARHGA

I've been here awhile and still don't know what people are supposed to be being gullible about anybody know what that's about???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyArcher View Post
    Well actually yeah.
    Hey guys alliance/horde are here... quest to build up our fortifications.... and after we have done that for a while....> WARR!!!!! ARHGA
    More like hey guys you've been questing non stop, the war is here and guess what your gonna do QUEST SOME MORE. Your not gonna fight. QUEST SOME MORE. It's just a waste man. They could have used this opportunity to do something more with what is IMHO the best part of this expansions theme instead just more daily quests..
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

More like hey guys you've been questing non stop, the war is here and guess what your gonna do QUEST SOME MORE. Your not gonna fight. QUEST SOME MORE. It's just a waste man. They could have used this opportunity to do something more with what is IMHO the best part of this expansions theme instead just more daily quests..
    Problem with that is, PvP isn't everyone's thing.

Granted, they could create a decent event probably. Questing's still the universal media of getting whatever's going on across.

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post

P.S. Stop insulting people. This can easily be a civilized discourse if we all let it.
    Thats my whole point. Blizzard is the one insulting their playerbase by thinking they can sell 5.1 as a 'major' patch simply because they say the word in the announcement rather than because it actually has any features that justify calling it that.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Thats my whole point. Blizzard is the one insulting their playerbase by thinking they can sell 5.1 as a 'major' patch simply because they say the word in the announcement rather than because it actually has any features that justify calling it that.
    The only person that seems to be insulted is you, and you don't even play the fucking game.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

War-themed quests did you think they meant something different... oh right PvP! Well it's early there may be more features they haven't announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorticough View Post
    Problem with that is, PvP isn't everyone's thing.

Granted, they could create a decent event probably. Questing's still the universal media of getting whatever's going on across.
    Well like I suggested in another thread they could have had a dungeon themed around the invasion. Each faction fights 5 or 6 different random bosses from the other faction. Hell just take the TOC faction champs, rework the mechanics and throw them in some fucking fort somewhere. I get it, it's alot of work they are not apparently able to do but by the same token the most feeling I can muster up for this patch is meh.. I've hadmy fill of questing and still have a long road to go.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    The only person that seems to be insulted is you, and you don't even play the fucking game.
    You should be insulted. They treat their playerbase like their a bunch of nitwits. Then again as long as they can get away with it why change.

"OOO SPARKLE PONY!! GIMMEE GIMEE!!

10+ Year Old Account
    War-themed quests did you think they meant something different... oh right PvP! Well it's early there may be more features they haven't announced.
    I'd love some kind of pvp themed thing around this patch. I wouldn't have used this as the event for this patch then if all it's going to be is QUEST SOME MORE. Find some other shit to throw quests in with. Save the escalation of what is the most awesome part of this expansions theme for something with a little bit more punch. GET IN THE FIGHT... by questing...
    The hammer comes down:

Your missing my point! You keep insulting those who disagree with you and it is rude stop it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    TBF none of what you said matters. The OP is clearly against the use of MAJOR, when blizzard has and will use MAJOR on every single X.X patch.
    If that's true then yes (I honestly can't be asked to check if it is), but that specific piece of evidence could be used to what I think is his point (from what I can tell from the rage), I think the thesis is that they are using the word major to try and over hype the patch, when it's not going to be of high calibre. I don't agree with that line of reasoning, but I doubt it's strength due to how fast it's being hyped and the fact that the features seem more like simple diversions or needless grinds to extend longevity.

You should be insulted. They treat their playerbase like their a bunch of nitwits. Then again as long as they can get away with it why change.

You've been proven wrong. Why are you still posting?

No your treating your fellow players like idiots! You just did it there by implying we can all be distracted by sparkle-ponies!

Well like I suggested in another thread they could have had a dungeon themed around the invasion. Each faction fights 5 or 6 different random bosses from the other faction. Hell just take the TOC faction champs, rework the mechanics and throw them in some fucking fort somewhere. I get it, it's alot of work they are not apparently able to do but by the same token the most feeling I can muster up for this patch is meh.. I've hadmy fill of questing and still have a long road to go.
    They could. They may still yet. But probably not 5.1.

On the patch: I'm probably not gonna be a huge fan of this patch (Questing has it's moments, but too many people usually sours the experience for me), but that doesn't mean I'm gonna revile the living shit out of it. Some people like it? Cool. More power to them. If something comes out of this brawler's guild thing I'll be fairly pleased.

Your missing my point! You keep insulting those who disagree with you and it is rude stop it!
    Uh yeah ok. In case you missed it 90% of the posts in this thread are insulting me, but w/e.

It sounds like you're insulted. With just what they already previewed to come, it sounds major to me -- without even knowing what else there is that they didn't tell us. What do you consider major? Oh wait, it doesn't matter because it's not your company to determine what stuff is and isn't.

If 5.1 was only pet battle fixes, and they were calling it a major update, I could somewhat see where you're coming from. There could be an extra 4 boss raid for all you know being released (which by then it would be a major update by your definition). If new raid content is released, will you drag this thread up and let us all know that you are officially an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    If that's true then yes
    I stopped reading there, cause there was no point to continue reading.

No your treating your fellow players like idiots! You just did it there by implying we can all be distracted by sparkle-ponies!
    Stating facts is not the same as insulting people. I'm not just making this up....people flocked to sparkle pony like it was the elixir of life when blizzard released it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    If new raid content is released, will you drag this thread up and let us all know that you are officially an idiot?
    HaH it's nice to want things. I doubt it will have any major raid. I doubt it will have a dungeon. I suspect it may have scenarios but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. To be honest I wouldn't expect anything more than what they posted. Seriously. I know they said expect more but more is a pretty ambiguous term. He's right to an extent, their wording is very clever and it leaves with you the impression that this is going to bend space and time or something...
    The hammer comes down: