Thread: WoW Lore Help

WoW Lore Help

I am knew to the lore of WoW and want to get into it a serious about it. So whats the best way to do that and where should I start. The only lore I really know is the arthus story line from his birth to death and I love every second of it. So yea where should I start.

yea but that too much to take in at once

Quote Originally Posted by Zawk0n View Post
    Don't use this site, it's outdated and replaced.
    Use:
    www.wowpedia.org
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    I think the best way is to play the old Warcraft games, but there is so much behind the game that you have to read the lore on Wowpedia to get it all right.

I agree with playing through the older games, and would also suggest reading the books (some of them are terribly written, but they all contain a lot of the lore). Beyond that wowpedia as linked above is good for a very accessible intro and you can spend ages clicking around there.

Play through the games in order, WCI,WCII,WCIII, TFT etc. Read the lore books, go onto wowpedia and just look up random things and read.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Use:
    www.wowpedia.org
    I also recommend Wowpedia.org, and play the older games... but maybe some of them will look really bad so at least i will recommend you to play Warcraft 3

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Use:
    www.wowpedia.org
    ah my bad, got the two mixed up

RIP wowwiki :<

but seriously if you want to know about the lore, theres no real easy way. Theres so many converging major stories and events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play the WarCraft games

(WarCraft 1-3), if you cant, just play WarCraft 3 atleast, both expacs, prety important.

Use Wowpedia.org.

and read the WoW Books , read WoW quests, roleplay with other dudes, ask other dudes for information, etc etc. You'll be good in no time.
    Howay the lads!

Deleted
    There's a storyline in the wow official forum, that goes from the creation of Azeroth to the end of WC3 TFT, if I'm not mistaken. It's a bit hard to find though, I only knew to get to it on the former site layout.

Deleted
    Just play wc3 and it's expansion. The earlier games aren't going to help you as the "plotlines" in those games were nothing like the retconned & added stuff that was attached to them later on after wow was released.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDudeSaysHi View Post
    yea but that too much to take in at once
    Thus is the problem with worlds like the one Blizzard has created... there's a lot of lore.

I'd recommend going onto the site anyway and clicking the random article button. Skim through whatever you find if it's related to lore, and just click on links that might be interesting.