Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Whelp, I'm done with this class.

Got to 90, got full PvP set. Still fucking sucked ass in PvP and remained everyone's bitch. Class is overall not fun in PvP (WW spec).

Roll and Serpent Kick are complete shit gap closers, they are needlessly hard to execute right in PvP where your targets are running in the Y and X axis. Shitty survival cooldowns. Shitty self healing. Extremely kitable by every and all ranged. (WTB a ranged snare/root or silence that doesn't involve aiming at your targets direction and shooting a slow ass moving flower at them that will always hit their pet instead).

The only redeeming factor is that we have above average burst, not as good as Rets or Warriors, but it's decent.

I'll admit, that it's probably me. I probably just need to L2P and I'm a newb, etc. But at the end of the day, the Windwalker just isn't a fun PvP class. In Cata, Arms Warriors were no where near at the top of the food chain in PvP, but I LOVED playing my Warrior. He was fun. I'd have my ass handed to me by many classes, but I still went back for more. The Monk just isn't like that for me.

The class still needs a lot of balancing and retuning, I'll probably check it out again after it receives some changes, but until then, I'm leveling my old main.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2012-10-06 at 04:26 AM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Not to be "that guy", but this went from Monks being terrible in PvP to you admitting you might just not be good with the class in PvP. Then saying that you enjoy playing a Warrior more, even if they aren't the best class, back to Monks being terrible in PvP.

They probably just aren't your cup-of-tea (or pint-of-brew, if you will).

Windwalkers are poor in pvp, I haven't heard anything about brewmaster, heard they were "decent" mistweavers though

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, then don't play it bud. It's your money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    WoW, you made it a whole week you were in for the long haul huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    This will happen a million times here soon...it was bound to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClimacticGaming View Post
    This will happen a million times here soon...it was bound to happen.
    yeah there are like 8 of these threads already I was just being a smart ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I see no issue with not playing a class you're not enjoying.

Making a forum post about it on the other hand...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    I see no issue with not playing a class you're not enjoying.

Making a forum post about it on the other hand...
    What pisses me off isn't that Monks are completely shit in PvP, it's that I wasted 4 days /played on mine when I could have been playing my Warrior -_-
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    What pisses me off isn't that Monks are completely shit in PvP, it's that I wasted 4 days /played on mine when I could have been playing my Warrior -_-
    Wasting time writing about it isn't too time efficient then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    Wasting time writing about it isn't too time efficient then
    I was thinking the same thing actually, lol.

We have no cc and very little ways to get rid of cc, its also making leveling a pain because we cant fend off ganks from paladins, rogues, basically every other class because they all have decent CC

man idk what I have been doing wrong.. but I main mistweaver and every time I do bgs solo I run my ww kit.. All of my friends who ww main complain so hard about how much they suck, I must just constantly play agianst nubs or something because I really like playing ww in pvp and I dont feel easily kited(tigers lust ftw) and I dont feel very squishy (expel harm, chi wave, touch of karma, diffuse magic ftw) and I really love the super hits we can put out with a monk and out xuen pet... I have done arena as both specs and yeah ww could use some help there but we are not gimp by any means I feel.

I would really love if they changed the kick glyph to FSK will now travel toward your target enemy but no longer stomps or soemthing like that to balance it.
    Shhh im typing this to u on my i phone on the toilet at work

can't say i agree, monks have been given enough tools to be an extremely effective class in the right hands, personally, I've only been bested twice, both accounts where due to 3v1 scenerios and such, over all it has been pretty power house just play to your strengths, and don't try to solo an entire team, me and a BM friend have more or less been a two man wrecking crew every bg. I will admit, our damage can be iffy if nothing crits, but i blame rng on that
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

Go mistweaver and you'll be fine. Otherwise, bye.

It's a GOOD thing that monks start out the expansion average (or even underpowered). This means there's plenty of room for buffs.
    If you repeat the DK-level OPness at the start of Wrath and the forums explode with monk OP QQs,
    You bet Blizzard is gonna come down hard with the nerf bat and gut the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Roll and Dragon pewpew kick is amazing gap closers, spining flower thiny is THE best ranged root ingame.
    Add to that the fact that we have one of the strongest slows ingame.

You just need to get your act together man : )
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    my monks only level 30 right now, but from my experience in pvp is that ranged can kite us very easily. and that 1000 punch spell (cant remember name) is totally useless it seems, unless the enemy just happens to stand still and let you punch them.
    from my hunters (90) perspective, the monk class is one of the easiest classes for me to kill, incredibly easy to kite, and seem to have a lack of ranged snares and any CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Got to 90, got full PvP set. Still fucking sucked ass in PvP and remained everyone's bitch. Class is overall not fun in PvP (WW spec).

Roll and Serpent Kick are complete shit gap closers, they are needlessly hard to execute right in PvP where your targets are running in the Y and X axis. Shitty survival cooldowns. Shitty self healing. Extremely kitable by every and all ranged. (WTB a ranged snare/root or silence that doesn't involve aiming at your targets direction and shooting a slow ass moving flower at them that will always hit their pet instead).

The only redeeming factor is that we have above average burst, not as good as Rets or Warriors, but it's decent.

I'll admit, that it's probably me. I probably just need to L2P and I'm a newb, etc. But at the end of the day, the Windwalker just isn't a fun PvP class. In Cata, Arms Warriors were no where near at the top of the food chain in PvP, but I LOVED playing my Warrior. He was fun. I'd have my ass handed to me by many classes, but I still went back for more. The Monk just isn't like that for me.

The class still needs a lot of balancing and retuning, I'll probably check it out again after it receives some changes, but until then, I'm leveling my old main.
    People PvPing in any MMO build around the WoW model make me laugh.

When will you understand that its a joke... its all about FoTM Class/Spec, Comp, Win Trading Vents and RNG.

Then there is the factor than most of you PvP QQers are just randoms in BG.

Want to PvP and be taken seriously? Play a game with real PvP competition (which most FPS are).
    Last edited by ipaq; 2012-10-06 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the overpowered juggernaut that many were hoping it'd be. Go figure.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.