Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Is it possible that at this point with the gear you're in that it's necessary to reforge a bit of crit to reach your caps just due to little else to reforge on entry level gear?
    That's the only thing I can think of seeing as the problem has now persisted through two optimisers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    You can't expect to reforge PRECISELY to 7.5% for both hit and expertise. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Your new values are better than before. And 0.06% chance to be dodged is acceptable.
    Well, without trying to sound smart, what's the point of the addon? I somehow managed to get a more accurate reforge at 7.52 just by screwing around without an addon.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Well, without trying to sound smart, what's the point of the addon? I somehow managed to get a more accurate reforge at 7.52 just by screwing around without an addon.
    Automation. Obviously.

P.S. If you get better results without addon - that means only one thing - you got it set up wrong.

Deleted
    Right, something must be wrong here. I logged in, set up exactly what you said to put it, and it's doing all kinds of stupid crap.

EDIT: sec

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot to select hit and expertise in those comboboxes that say "none"

Also you do not need to manually set the values - there are presets for "Melee Hit" and "Expertise Dodge" - or something like that
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2012-10-06 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    I honestly don't know what this is telling me, to be honest. I've put in everything you told me to do, Amat. It's not losing any crit, which I guess is good, but I need a second opinion before I spend the gold to see if it worked.

Thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/HHsPi.jpg

It looks mostly ok, other than leaving you a little shy on expertise, for what reason, I have no idea. Those are the same weights I'm using and mine works just fine, I don't know what to tell you at this point, I've never had this happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't know what this is telling me, to be honest. I've put in everything you told me to do, Amat. It's not losing any crit, which I guess is good, but I need a second opinion before I spend the gold to see if it worked.

Thoughts?

http://i.imgur.com/HHsPi.jpg
    I noticed a text cursor in the 2550 (hit) field - did you press enter there? If you just entered 2550 and didn't press enter - it may not be in effect.
    That would explain why it's reforging hit (below cap) to expertise and ignoring Dodge on your chest.

P.S. I also recommend to use presets there (Hit/Expertise caps) and to not enter values manually

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    It looks mostly ok, other than leaving you a little shy on expertise, for what reason, I have no idea. Those are the same weights I'm using and mine works just fine, I don't know what to tell you at this point, I've never had this happen.
    This is so annoying now. The addon must be broken or something. It keeps reforging crit now, and it's not getting me to the caps at all.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 02:26 PM ----------

I noticed a text cursor in the 2550 (hit) field - did you press enter there? If you just entered 2550 and didn't press enter - it may not be in effect.
    That would explain why it's reforging hit (below cap) to expertise and ignoring Dodge on your chest.

P.S. I also recommend to use presets there (Hit/Expertise caps) and to not enter values manually
    I went back and did it again, this time using melee hit cap. Same thing happens. :/

Edit: Uhm, don't I want 'At most' melee hit cap?
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-10-06 at 01:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is so annoying now. The addon must be broken or something. It keeps reforging crit now, and it's not getting me to the caps at all.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 02:26 PM ----------

I went back and did it again, this time using melee hit cap. Same thing happens. :/
    Did you install this addon recently or was it sitting there for long time and you just updated it? Try uninstalling it (removing all settings in WTF folder) if latter is the case.

Edit: Uhm, don't I want 'At most' melee hit cap?
    You need "at least". At most means "not more than" - that is it can be lower.

Deleted
    Did you install this addon recently or was it sitting there for long time and you just updated it? Try uninstalling it (removing all settings in WTF folder) if latter is the case.

You need "at least". At most means "not more than" - that is it can be lower.
    But I don't want more than 7.5%...

10+ Year Old Account
    But I don't want more than 7.5%...
    That's why there's a zero in the "weight after cap" field.
    "At most" is used in complex caps. Like soft cap and hard cap. Soft cap is "At least" and after this soft cap the weight is set to a lower value (not zero)
    And hard cap is set to "at most". So any excess, unreforgable, unused expertise (for instance) will go towards the hard cap.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2012-10-06 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    That's why there's a zero in the "weight after cap" field.
    Well, regardless it's still not working.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 02:38 PM ----------

All I want it to do is get me close to the caps. Slightly over is fine, but not under.
    And I want it to not reforge crit.

None of these are met with the settings I've been told, so I don't know what's up.

Fuck sake. I tried it again at it took me to 8% exp. What is wrong with this thing?
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-10-06 at 01:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, regardless it's still not working.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 02:38 PM ----------

All I want it to do is get me close to the caps. Slightly over is fine, but not under.
    And I want it to not reforge crit.

None of these are met with the settings I've been told, so I don't know what's up.

Fuck sake. I tried it again at it took me to 8% exp. What is wrong with this thing?
    Re-install it. Delete its files in WTF folder (SavedVariables).

And follow these steps:
    1. Select your class/spec template
    2. Adjust weight values and press enter after each input
    3. Set up Hit/Expertise caps (if not set) using presets
    4. Save your template as custom for future use.
    5. Press Calculate. Several times (not repeatedly though, wait for results each time) - until the results stay the same or switch in a loop between couple of stats (select the result with preferred stat).

If it won't work again - I'm clueless. Mine works perfectly.

Deleted
    Re-install it. Delete its files in WTF folder (SavedVariables).

And follow these steps:
    1. Select your class/spec template
    2. Adjust weight values and press enter after each input
    3. Set up Hit/Expertise caps (if not set) using presets
    4. Save your template as custom for future use.
    5. Press Calculate. Several times (not repeatedly though, wait for results each time) - until the results stay the same or switch in a loop between couple of stats (select the result with preferred stat).

If it won't work again - I'm clueless. Mine works perfectly.

For number 3, the default sets it to: Hit > Atleast > Melee Hit Cap > 2550 > 0
    and Expertise > Atleast > Expertise soft cap > 2210 > 0

Does this need changing?

10+ Year Old Account
    For number 3, the default sets it to: Hit > Atleast > Melee Hit Cap > 2550 > 0
    and Expertise > Atleast > Expertise soft cap > 2210 > 0

Does this need changing?
    If you have a racial that adds expertise - then no.

It seems like common sense to me that I don't want overkill/lose of good stats. But fine, if you could link an actual arms warrior guide, then that'd be great. Because that video is crap and I can't find anything via google.
    Make sure in the section under the Stat Weights, you have your Caps turned on, there's a little drop down menu that'll say Hit, and then another for "at least", "at most", "soft cap", "manual", choose Soft Cap, it'll automagically put in the soft cap value, after which, hit will have a stat value of 0. Make sure it's updated or it'll still be working off old values for hit/exp.

As for your crit/mastery issue. It did it because of how expertise is weighed. Expertise is so much of a higher value than crit or mastery, it took crit (because there was more of it, thus more exp) to make you reach the cap faster, so you had to reforge out of LESS secondary stats for exp in general. It's also coupled with the fact that Crit & Mastery are likely weighed very close in your reforge, causing it to decide that it's better to take more crit here because mastery is "almost as good" (according to the addon) And take less elsewhere.

IIRC stat weights for Reforgelite are not set up, you'll need to do them manually. You can always check out elitistjerks and pull the stat weights you need from there and just plug them into reforgelite

If you don't mind, may we see your armory? I wanna see if there's a particular reason WHY it's giving you so much of the off stats (It's generally pretty good about getting within .01-.05% of hit/exp caps)
    Last edited by Tpyo; 2012-10-06 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Added to post.

Deleted
    If you have a racial that adds expertise - then no.
    Well, I'm a human with mace spec that gives +1% exp. Does that count?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm a human with mace spec that gives +1% exp. Does that count?
    If you are using mace/maces currently - then yes. If not - just change it to "Expertise (Dodge)". Should be 2550.

Deleted
    Anyway, here is what I've done so far.

Re-installed, and to be sure, I've disabled all other addons, for now.

1. Selected arms.
    2. Changed the defaults: Crit 160, Haste 120, Expertise 180, Mastery 140, and hit 200, to:
    Hit: 200, Crit: 150, Expertise: 200, Haste: 130, Mastery:130, and pressed enter after each.

Is this correct? The weights are from Amat, earlier in the thread.