Would you prefer if WoW weren't an RPG?

More and more, I see people who don't seem to care that this game tells a story. Their focus is solely on getting to 90. They might quest until they get to 90, but then they just stop questing. They don't read quest text. They don't like dailys. They couldn't care less if there's a story in their game, they just want to hit max level and raid. There are many people who didn't do Twilight Highlands in Cata, people who didn't do Icecrown and Storm Peaks in Wrath, and people who aren't doing Dread Wastes now.

I've been wondering lately if the reason I enjoy WoW so much is because I DO like getting the story. I'm not one who just rushes to max level, I like to immerse myself in the ongoing tale. The storytelling, the questing, have gotten so much more entertaining and rewarding, that I enjoy each expansion, whereas so many people seem to do nothing but hate.

So, that's my question, and I'm trying not to make it biased. Would you prefer if WoW basically had no story, but was basically just a game for 5-, 10-, and 25-man PvE content, and PvP?
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because the lore serves to add flavor to the game regardless of whether you pay attention to it or not.

Like the tarragon in Bearnaise sauce.

Of course not.
    As it is, it has a much wider appeal. It appeals to people who do like the story, and to people who prefer to race to the end-game. That's a good thing. If it were to simply be a race-to-max-level game, what appeal would it have to you, me and countless other people who enjoy the lore?
    I absolutely loved what they've done with the Lorewalkers, for example. Would have been disappointing (in retrospect, obviously) if it was never implemented due to the game simply being what you're asking about.

Deleted
    I like the end game of WoW, so I get to max level as fast as I can. I like the RPG aspect, as it allows you to essentially live out the life of a character.

RPGs are more than just "story." To quote wikipedia, "A key feature of the genre is that characters grow in power and abilities, and characters are typically designed by the player." Even without the lore and narrative of WoW, it would be still considered a RPG.

Back on topic, you will have a better time in life if you stop caring what other people do when it doesn't affect you. If you talk to people that don't like WoW lore then don't sweat it.
    "Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron."- Cracked.com

I would prefer WoW to be even more of an RPG. I love the flavor text quests bring and am a little sad they have summaries for lazy players. But hey, it is probably for the best. I just have to force myself ignoring them on my main.

Quote Originally Posted by bot v2.38beta View Post
    RPGs are more than just "story." To quote wikipedia, "A key feature of the genre is that characters grow in power and abilities, and characters are typically designed by the player." Even without the lore and narrative of WoW, it would be still considered a RPG.
    At the same time the name RPG is being frowned upon because it today encompasses so many things it is almost becoming meaningless. I feel, in contrast to that guy or girl who wrote the wikipedia page, leveling should not be vonsidered a vital part in RPGs. Even Pen and Paper RPGs with heavy emphasis on leveling and magic items (like DnD 3rd Edition) have changed to rely on more actual role playing rather than numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW needs to go back to it's Vanilla/TBC roots.

Failng that, whatever "Project Titan" is, needs to be the new vanilla/TBC.

I highly doubt neo-Blizzard could pull it off though.