Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    In some cases of course its, and I hate to use the term, "L2P issue".
    The problem here is that it isn't though. First of all it should never ever happen. since if your dps is so bad that it can't outdps a tank you shouldn't be able to ever down a boss. Secondly, this is taking into account everyone that uses world of logs wich includes some of the best players in the world, and tanks are still dominating fights without gimmicks. As dps you shouldn't be chasing the tank, it diminishes your contribution to the kill. If you are there to dmg the crap out of something so it dies before your tanks does, then those tools should be given to you. On our first doggie kill, I did around 88k dps wich at the time would earn me a spot in world of logs as one of the best 25 man dps numbers recorded. I am by no means the best player, nor do I think I will ever be seen on that chart again, but that is well above average, I dubbled the dps of some of our other dpsers, yet the tank cruised in at 90k dps without breaking a sweat, he focused on surviving, not even going all out dmg and he still easily went to the top spot. only 2 of our dmg dealers managed to go even with him.

the numbers tanks are pulling are ridiculous they need to be toned down (yes down, not bringing dps classes up) and do not even try to bring up threat, like some people in this thread tried to because you can cut the tanks dps by 99% and still have the deal the same threat if you wanted to.

I think so many people are used to the tanking model where hit/expertisedidn't matter so tanks missed alot more. With the combination of being hit /expertise capped and the increased dps it was my understanding that tanks shouldn't be at half dps of the other party members so hopefully the old way of thinking of "if your dps is lower than the tank you suck" will hopefully become a thing of the past. And like others here have stated we are in the beginning stages of an expac and we will be seeing dps increase in other dps'er as gear level rises.

Deleted
    wait a few patches, dps will overtake tanks on dps again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks do have way to much, more or less prot warriors and blood dk's

Which I hate, that they are doing better then most of the dps in the group doing 2nd or top damage!

I'm usually always on top competing with a fucking tank!

I was just in a group: Monk (me) Dk(tank) Shaman(healer) druid (dps) I forget who the 5the person was but she hardly did anything at all

It was:

Me with top dps

Tank with 2nd

healer with fucking 3rd

and druid with 4!

What the FUCK, the druid sucked yes I know...but come on...a tank in 2nd? Please
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

I actually like it, if this is intended design and boss hp is tuned with decent tank DPS in mind, tanks will finally have to actually put some effort and thought into their rotations just like the dps and healers have been doing forever.

IMO tanks have been flying under the radar for far too long, time to light a fire under their lazy relaxed asses too.

I'm a warrior tank, and I've yet to come in a group where I'm not the first on damage recount. I agree its way too high, I pretty much feel invincible during dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    DPS gear is the answer to that one. We'll take more damage as well as have more DPS from the stats on the DPS gear. Also, /sit makes us take an unmitigated blow I believe, so there's that.
    Are you honestly stating that at later ilevels a tank should just wear DPS gear so their threat and damage remain high? If so, I think it's about time for you to roll a DPS as you have no business 'trying' to tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Are you honestly stating that at later ilevels a tank should just wear DPS gear so their threat and damage remain high? If so, I think it's about time for you to roll a DPS as you have no business 'trying' to tank.
    It's a perfectly legit strat and I wouldn't be shocked if some cutting edge guilds balanced the increased damage with the increased dps in an attempt to beat tight enrages. I don't think he was suggesting extremes.

Yes, I'm a meter whore, I told you, call me whatever you like. That's my job, to whore meters and I hate when someone who's not even trying has better results. Yes, I'm butthurt.
    Last edited by Tobedeleted123; 2012-10-06 at 06:27 PM.

I don't see what the problem is. It's not like you can take a raid with 10 tanks and 2 healers, only the tanks gaining huge vengeance do lots of damage. The damage that tanks are doing is calculated into the DPS requirement set for the boss so there is really no difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good tank hits big dps, it makes our threat and survivability much higher. You shouldn't be really complaining, most tanks are really enjoying Active Mitigation, don't ruin this for us community.
    >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    On several fights tanks are pulling actually bigger numbers than most of dps and it's not an issue of dps' skill.
    What does that matter? It's just numbers, it's not like people will stack their raid with tanks.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    WAYYYY too high is a good thing, Mainly for enrage counters like Elgelon. Why you even complain is beyond me

Deleted
    It's fine, might encourage more people to tank

Deleted
    I want to say yes its too high but on the other hand if they changed it they would have to change challenge modes completely so lets just keep it the way it is.

Deleted
    It's not just Feng. On the first boss I was top dps as a Bear tank with 63k I believe. Both me and our Pala tank was among the top dps on all the fights. But yes, when the dps get more gear, this will change.

Deleted
    High tank DPS on some fights will not mean that suddenly all the DPS guys will reroll tank. Only the tank which is taking the damage is going to reach that high value while the other tank is sat there hitting like a wet fish.

I agre, Vengeance is crappy mechanic. I hope it will be removed altogether, and tank's dps will be set at around 35-40k dps at around ilvl 470 and will properly scale with gear. Questing without vengeance is extremely tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It's a perfectly legit strat and I wouldn't be shocked if some cutting edge guilds balanced the increased damage with the increased dps in an attempt to beat tight enrages. I don't think he was suggesting extremes.
    Except when you have to replace a DPS with a healer to pick up the extra strain due to the tank have shit avoidance/mitigation. Now it could possibly be an issue if the tank was say pulling twice the DPS of an actual DPS but that currently is not happening.

Why do tanks have to have horrible damage?

Stop being stuck on old mechanics.