Current state of frost mages(PvP)

Been looking for a new pvp class for a while now. Mage seems abit fun, was atleast fun in cataclysm(OP-I like OP) But unsure how it is atm.

Could anyone with experience tell me how it is? Arena/BG wise

Also: Any viable comps? Thinking mostly of 2v2

Thanks,
    Warex
    Last edited by warex00; 2012-10-06 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Its fun. I didnt play mage in cata thou but from what I hear its a bit different. Not only deepfreeze icelance spam anymore but more centered around the casted ability frostbomb.

Any damage outside frozen targets is weak so you have to play accordingly.

edit: havent started playing Arena yet so cant coment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
    Its fun. I didnt play mage in cata thou but from what I hear its a bit different. Not only deepfreeze icelance spam anymore but more centered around the casted ability frostbomb.

Any damage outside frozen targets is weak so you have to play accordingly.

edit: havent started playing Arena yet so cant coment on that.

Alright, thanks Didnt really like that faceroll-style with Icelance spam So thats good.

Deleted
    Frost is good, it doesn't have the "icelance spam>kill target " feel to it anymore, but I find fire to be way better. The way class spec work now, makes your mage have the huge damage of fire, combined with the awesome control of frost.
    I'm having a blast in bgs ( when the shitheads in my team don't screw things to hell atleast )

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...ew-90-talents/

Here's a relevant thread as discussed by mage gladiators. Read through it for some insight.
    Basically it comes down to whether or not you enjoy using frostbomb.