Page 44 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gusie View Post
    Is heroic 25 ICC Lord Marrowgar just a dps race? Kill it before you get spiked?
    With current gear not sure he can be killed before getting spiked, even with Drums/pot/flask. I solo-ed him at 555 ilvl using two ways. The first time I just potted and used Drums for a tightly timed Light's Hammer. That killed the spike. The next week, n I figured this out by pure luck, I killed the spike with a Divine Storm. If you time it so that it happens almost instantly with the spike, it kills it.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Solod Will of the Emperor 10 Normal , 352 k dps , barely made it to berserk, had about 250 + wipes. Forgot to upload WOL , will upload this week if I can be arsed to be depandant on all the RNG again.
    No vid?

Deleted
    Hey, my first post on this forum. I'm into soloing but my gear is not that good.

Anyway, can confirm that Alysrazor is still duable as Protection Paladin even with the Vengeance changes within 5.4. Although it took me 19 minutes where 12 of the minutes where during enrage. I did it! Didn't get the mount but yeah, it was very intense standing with 100 stacks of the debuff you get stacked up if you haven't killed her before she's going down for the third time.

Itemlvl 516.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deycan View Post
    Hey, my first post on this forum. I'm into soloing but my gear is not that good.

Anyway, can confirm that Alysrazor is still duable as Protection Paladin even with the Vengeance changes within 5.4. Although it took me 19 minutes where 12 of the minutes where during enrage. I did it! Didn't get the mount but yeah, it was very intense standing with 100 stacks of the debuff you get stacked up if you haven't killed her before she's going down for the third time.

Itemlvl 516.
    Not sure if you refer to 10 or 25, but yeah. Seeing as you said 12 minutes I am gonna assume you mean 10, 25 usually takes a bit longer than that, especially at 516 ilvl. I solo her in 25 man every week and it is very simple. You can reset the stacks several times if you want, but I let it stack up to 99 all the time for more vengeance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Not sure if you refer to 10 or 25, but yeah. Seeing as you said 12 minutes I am gonna assume you mean 10, 25 usually takes a bit longer than that, especially at 516 ilvl. I solo her in 25 man every week and it is very simple. You can reset the stacks several times if you want, but I let it stack up to 99 all the time for more vengeance.
    Yeah it's 10 man only, I tried some of the other bosses now aswell. Got shannox almost but I think I can do him, most interested in getting raidlockout set to Ragnaros only. Baleroc? Not a chance in hell I can do him within the berserk time. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deycan View Post
    Yeah it's 10 man only, I tried some of the other bosses now aswell. Got shannox almost but I think I can do him, most interested in getting raidlockout set to Ragnaros only. Baleroc? Not a chance in hell I can do him within the berserk time. :/
    The zerg's fine, as long as you don't get the decimation blade!

Deleted
    I can confirm that Ultraxion 10 man normal is still soloable in 5.4 as prot. It's definitely NOT soloable as a Ret. Tried as Ret and got destroyed at around 40% boss hp to massive magic damage. Tried as Prot with prot gear (570) and got killed by enrage at around 25% boss health. Did him with Ret gear in Prot spec (572) and succeeded. Ret gear gave me more haste and a decent amount of crit. It should be doable with less than 570, but it will be hard as his damage ramps up quite a bit after 5 minutes. I killed him with around 30sec left to enrage. DP and ES help single target damage.
    Last edited by mmoc030419f5fd; 2014-02-25 at 07:51 PM. Reason: forgot 10 man normal

Deleted
    When I tried Ultraxion good couple resets ago (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post24453325), I noticed you just get 2 Fading Light debuffs - 1 for tanking it, and 1 extra for "being someone else" in the meanwhile. As tank you get just 1 debuff, that's why it's possible to do it in tank
    Last edited by mmoc3a2f805a1a; 2014-02-26 at 12:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychnuchus View Post
    I can confirm that Ultraxion 10 man normal is still soloable in 5.4 as prot. It's definitely NOT soloable as a Ret. Tried as Ret and got destroyed at around 40% boss hp to massive magic damage. Tried as Prot with prot gear (570) and got killed by enrage at around 25% boss health. Did him with Ret gear in Prot spec (572) and succeeded. Ret gear gave me more haste and a decent amount of crit. It should be doable with less than 570, but it will be hard as his damage ramps up quite a bit after 5 minutes. I killed him with around 30sec left to enrage. DP and ES help single target damage.
    Your prot gear sounds messed up, I have way more haste in my prot set because retri can do with less due to their 4-set bonus filling GCDs!

I have finished honing my strategy for this fight.. I have 567 gear and find I can do more damage with HA than any other t5 talent.
    Prepot + AW+HA at start, using WoG at each 3 stacks of BoG attempting to overlap the damage buff from the WoG glyph with another SotR, AS etc.
    In the end, when I have about a minute to zerg, I use BL drums with HA and another potion. All of this with SoT, never once needed to switch to SoI. Had 20 seconds to zerg and there's practically no RNG when done like this.

Deleted
    I've soloed Sunwell. I don't see why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorindahl View Post
    I've soloed Sunwell. I don't see why not?
    Wat

I'm assuming there's a quote missing here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kllrv View Post
    Your prot gear sounds messed up, I have way more haste in my prot set because retri can do with less due to their 4-set bonus filling GCDs!
    I know. I'm main Ret. My Prot gear ain't "messed", it's just 2nd and therefore has many "real" tank items with crapstats as parry / dodge. I know Ret stops at ~40% and Prot goes for ~50%, and I know that a Prot goes for Ret gear with more haste (gems / forge). I didn't want to re-gem all Ret pieces, so I just took my Ret gear and changed 2Hand to 1hand + shield, and it worked fine that way. Could have worked even better if I hadn't sold that heroic spark.

Anyway, with around 560 to 570 it should be doable no matter what talents you chose. Below it I believe it's hard and may be gear / proc / talent - dependend.
    Last edited by mmoc030419f5fd; 2014-02-26 at 04:28 PM.

Ya I got to 85% after 3 minutes but died at 10 stacks(only cuz i just didnt CD frill blast to see what it hit for with on DP since i could use that every cast) it didnt go well. No way its doable unless you can do like 400k+ dps sustained while not dying

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    You can't solo Oondasta due to soft enrage. Hell, even on top of that , world bosses do have an enrage timer. I was soloing Galleon and I hit berserk after 20 minutes or so.
    I think Galleon is the only world boss with an enrage timer, Nalak have been dragged out to over 30 min fight and Oondasta got a soft enrage. Oh yeah, Ordos got an enrage.

Nalak is a joke solo'd him a while ago, but Ooon ya. If you can't kill him before like 20 stacks it wouldnt be soloable. Around 20 is when you literally run out of CDs to have a chance. Wish galleon was still doable solo i loved doing that....damn multiadd veng nerf fucked that over

So was screwing around in Dragon Soul today, (got a friend to help me on Ultraxion was 4 million short), But any tips on Spine of Deathwing (was doing 10 man normal) and it felt like even if I prekilled enough bloods deathwing would just roll to fast to get the add to absorb enough. Is it just not soloable?

Spine is doable, just a real pain in the ass. I do it as ret, though the dps requirement is quite low so it's probably doable as prot as well. I start off by killing 3 of the tentacles and then standing is one the spots where they spawn and just wait. Kill the remaining tentacle and future ones shortly before it cast fiery grip, but not when DW is about to roll or the new may spawn under you and you will be rolled off. Once there is enough bloods wait for DW to roll one last time kill the tentacle to spawn an amalg and towards to center of his back. At this point you have going to have to dance from the left side to the right of his back every 3-4 secs so he doesn't roll. Aoe the adds and burn the amalg. I found getting the amalg to 9 stacks almost immediately pop all cds and burning him down asap worked best. When i tried to gather bloods when it was low on health i found my self usually getting rolled off trying to get to them since you have to switch sides constantly at this point. While burning the amalg or the tendon you will have to deal with one fiery grip. I usually just save bubble for this moment, however you can just kill the tentacle prior to it casting the grip if bubble is on cd, this is quite a bit easier if the tentacle happens to be right next to the plate you are working on. All that's left is burning the tendon. The dps requirement on the tendon is very low so getting on it asap is not that important, you can stand back where the tentacle spawn to burn the tendon so you don't have to fear being rolled off. At this point it is just rinse and repeat. The bloods will spawn faster and faster as you go on but that really doesn't cause any problems. Overall this fight is all about execution to solo. The dps requirement is very low and survivability when the amalg is not at 9 stacks is trivial. In my experience 95/100 times you will die cause get rolled off so learning the feel for dancing from 1 side to another and back so DW doesn't roll is probably the real key. Good luck and if you can get by this madness is a piece of cake to solo.

Deleted
    Hey there experienced paladin-soloers, just wanted to drop in and ask a question - what ilvl would be required to 2-man Firelands normal? Just wanted to get some opinions, as my friend and I are planning on visiting that place sooner or later and we don't know if it wouldnt turn into a complete waste of time... I'm a 515 ret/prot paladin (got a crappy weapon and shield for prot spec) and my friend is a 530~ hunter. We want to get our tiers and wepons for transmog, and are currently debating wheter to try it or not. Any tips and trick would be appreciated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuyek View Post
    Hey there experienced paladin-soloers, just wanted to drop in and ask a question - what ilvl would be required to 2-man Firelands normal? Just wanted to get some opinions, as my friend and I are planning on visiting that place sooner or later and we don't know if it wouldnt turn into a complete waste of time... I'm a 515 ret/prot paladin (got a crappy weapon and shield for prot spec) and my friend is a 530~ hunter. We want to get our tiers and wepons for transmog, and are currently debating wheter to try it or not. Any tips and trick would be appreciated
    I have been doing it on my 568 prot paladin with my 550~ hunter friend and doing all heroic modes, all 25 man bosses and even a few 25man heroics. So with your gear 10 man normal should be easy.

I was able to solo every boss in FL 10 H at 540(before veng changes though) Obviously Baleroc isn't doable the way it was before. Everything else should be fine though since you have a hunter with you as well.