Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulrik View Post
    Must be a trick I'm missing. I know Najentus got nerfed, but I tried on my DK and Reliquary of Souls still spams the lockdown on you.

Yeah, spirit shock has a 15 sec cd, so it's no longer a threat. BT easily soloable with a Retri. AQ40 as well with the Viscidus+C'Thun change.

How in the hell do you solo Thorim without rocket boots?

I can't make it back out into the arena after tagging the cannon construct in the tunnel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsauce View Post
    How in the hell do you solo Thorim without rocket boots?

I can't make it back out into the arena after tagging the cannon construct in the tunnel.
    speed of light + speed potion. Although all the times i've tried he's bugged out.

Solod all of icc10 normal as ret no wipes my first try this week. No reason atall or mog was just nostaligic.

Frostweave goes for alot tho. Lich king really simple i slowed dps even so i could do all phases normally. Dreamwalker is easy just FoL + Wog. dont zone in or she despawns.

Burst blood queen so u dont die had 50 seconds to spare, Blood princes never threw orb to 2nd guy, SAURFANG actuall sucked had to bubble his healing stacks off he can match your dps with heals unless ur cding or in HoW range, GUNSHIP you have to be fast to fire and kill mage and get back youll cutit close by like 10% hp left on ur ship.

So yeah anything below cata is soloable as RET now.

Deleted
    Sorry for this noobish question, but I don't know if it has been asked before: for soloing as RET which blessing are you using?

I just wiped as ret on the first boss in Hyjal cause I stupidly pulled the two ogres at the end lol, had boss at 5% but cba anymore, will try it again though. It's a bit ridiculous in these old raids that most cc-breaking cd's don't work at all, that frost cc was so annoying.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    just tried BT and Kara for the first time ever and tried to solo TK.

In BT, died at Gurtogg due to the debuff stack. Gonna read up on the fight and try again this weekend.

In TK, got to Kael but got spanked during revive phase. kept getting stunned/etc. Gonna have to read up on this one too.

Kara was easy but Netherspite was a little pain due to the heal phase. Didnt know what to do so i just DPS'd him down as fast as i can after the phase is done (like the third time he did it) LOL
    Last edited by echo808; 2012-12-05 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by echo808 View Post
    just tried BT and Kara for the first time ever and tried to solo TK.

In BT, died at Gurtogg due to the debuff stack. Gonna read up on the fight and try again this weekend.

In TK, got to Kael but got spanked during revive phase. kept getting stunned/etc. Gonna have to read up on this one too.

Kara was easy but Netherspite was a little pain due to the heal phase. Didnt know what to do so i just DPS'd him down as fast as i can after the phase is done (like the third time he did it) LOL
    Wait what, Gurtogg doesn't hurt you much if at all, if we're talking about level 90 soloing and bursting him down O_o Maybe I'm just not aware of his mechanics, but sounds really fishy right now. But then, I haven't soloed him a lot, mostly with another friend, still, I find it hard to believe that you can wipe on that at level 90...

KT - kill council in different room parts, then quickly kill the witch (her confusion sucks)

BT - all frist bosses = nobrain zerg
    counsil - had a tough time beacuse they did not want to die, jumping to 1 hp and back for few mins, but finally died
    illidan - soloed as prot, because elemntals hit like a train

MH,kara - were soloable even at 85

in some fights, esp for higher levels, prot is better than ret

Naxxramas - soloed all plague wing 25 as ret, patchwerk 10 as prot. Could survive 25, but enrage timer kills me :/

malygos, as it seems for me, requirs a decent gear due to harsh enrage timer. As ret, stacking sparks, was not able to get past 20% in my crappy ~465 ilvl gear.
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Killed him yesterday in 5:32 as ret. Got Azure drake finally, never going to come back there.
    Also, Onyxia dropped in 2:12 for me. 2nd phase was just like "she lifts off, flies to the other end of the room and lands". Didn't get a single big add.
    Ret is awesome for soloing nowadays.
    Wondered if Onyxia was soloable.. Thanks for ther headsup

I pretty much solo everything except cata raid content >.<
    Well... almost everything....

Im looking to solo Heroic 25man LK on my Paladin. What spec/glyphs/stats would you advise for this specific encounter?

Any tips for soloing Thaddius 25M?
    I just die brutally due to enrage (prot) or to Feugen and Stalagg (Ret).

Deleted
    Omnitron10 and Halfus10 down as prot.

Very easy to be honest. Gonna attempt more cata bosses.

Put some attempts into Magmaw, however the mangle is a bitch
    150 yard range so can not be outranged. I got some plans how to deal with this, but work in progress so far.

Valiona and Theralion down to 5% after 2 pulls (enrage) but had no time to continue. Easily doable.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-12-07 at 08:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post

Very easy to be honest. Gonna attempt more cata bosses.

Put some attempts into Magmaw, however the mangle is a bitch
    150 yard range so can not be outranged. I got some plans how to deal with this, but work in progress so far.
    stack mastery, have SotR up for the end of the debuff, done. I've got it to 67% at 85.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    stack mastery, have SotR up for the end of the debuff, done. I've got it to 67% at 85.
    I thought it one shotted after the duration of the buff if you did not chain him down.

I never really tested that since I figured that it oneshotted you so I just stopped after I got picked up.

Edit: Yeah, tried again now. Hit the enrage at 15% on the first try.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 04:54 AM ----------

Beat the enrage by 1 minute on the second pull, very easy fight aswell. I thought "Squeeze the target lifeless" equals to instakill, but apparently not.

Extremely fun fight though, might try heroic next week.

Chimaeron down to 40% but seems impossible with the break debuff. Once you got 80% healing reduction there is no way to keep alive.
    To do Chim it feels like you basically have to go full dodge+parry and hope for RNG to be in your favor and get a dodge/parry on every double attack.

BWD and BoT soloing is very fun to be honest, people should try it out
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2012-12-08 at 04:06 AM.

Why didn't you guys specify you were soloing BoT/BWD as prot? I tried as ret, got Omnotron to 89% before next guy spawned and I had to run for my life D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Thought I did :P

Well, I only read the last post! :P

Deleted
    Just try as prot in retri gear. Very very simple. Had 1 wipe on magmaw (enrage), one shot omnitron, 1 wipe on halfus (enrage). V&T down to 15% on first pull and 8% second pull. Damn enrage. Did not have time to try Atramedes and Maloriak since I could not kill the trash before them. Got a tactic to kill the dragon infront of maloriak, though no idea how to solo the execution sentence guy infront of atramedes. Possible to bubble 1 execution sentence but that is not enough. Maybe possible as retri.