Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In current gear as Ret i can solo the following. BT (Minus the First Boss), Hyjal, Naxx 10/25man (Minus Patchwerk), EoE 10/25, OS 10/25, ICC 10man for the first half, Ony 10/25man, Ulduar 10man full clear, SWP and SSC. If i have forgotten one then List it and i will say whether it can be soloed or not. I am in the top 10man Ret Pallies on my server and do not doubt my capabilites. BTW name in Threatcon on Gorefiend if you have questions or need help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightKnight87 View Post
    No one-shots that I was aware of, doesn't take long to kill them as ret anyway (just the endless waves of trash <.<).
    The first boss in Hyjal has a VERY dangerous Death and Decay though.

I just soloed XT-002 Deconstructor hardmode as ret, if anyone is interested in that. 491 ilvl, if significantly lower than that you might want to consider using seal of insight a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasstapp View Post
    I just soloed XT-002 Deconstructor hardmode as ret, if anyone is interested in that. 491 ilvl, if significantly lower than that you might want to consider using seal of insight a lot.
    Madness. Aesir's Edge will be mine.

Adding mimiron hm and freya hm to that. Mimiron was a lot tougher than Freya and XT.

Deleted
    Adding mimiron hm and freya hm to that. Mimiron was a lot tougher than Freya and XT.
    You tried any Ulduar 25 man normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I have not. Was updating as I was doing 10man. Briefly tried 25man HM Flame Leviathan but it didn't work out very well.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    The 4th boss in Hyjal USED to 1-shot, but since the old raids were changed, he no longer does this. I verified this the first week of the changes and not a single Doom was cast. Prior to that, he DID cast it and it DID insta-kill once it popped. Again, i tried to solo Hyjal a few weeks before the changes, but got a Doom cast on me long before i could kill him.
    I soloed him both months and weeks before 5.1 hit, and not once did he cast Doom on me. He didn't even do it (on me) when I had another player with me - he did kill my friend, but never me. Then again, this is pretty irrelevant at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Kael is soloable. You do need to pull his adds out of the room and spread them out (due to our damage being so low but the CC's being difficult to manage) and then focus burst before the next add reaches you, but aside from that, no big problems. Oh, just don't use any summon trinkets, whether it's on-use or a proc. Doing so will lead you to be MC'ed which will lead to Kael resetting.
    Huh? I just killed all the adds on their spots and had no issues for the last few weeks. Nothing special about soloing him, apart from the fact that don't use summon trinkets. Using a PvP trinket could help, but I haven't used one and haven't had any problems (no wipes etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I've managed 6 bosses in Ulduar 25 so far (as ret): Flame Leviathan, Razorscale, Ignis, XT, Kologarn and Freya (no hardmodes, just normal). Haven't tried 10-man hardmodes yet.

BT is easy as ret, the hardest fight is the Council. Focus on the priest and you'll be fine.

Did SSC yesterday, Vashj got to ~70 stacks before I got all 4 cores, definitely survivable. Like Synthaxx said, Sacred Shield is king here.

All of gruul lair is easily soloable as prot ~478 gear.
    Kael is soloable even without pulling out of the room, but might beed to pop a few cooldowns.

Deleted
    I think with an avg ilvl of 475 my gear is a limiting factor on some encounters as of right now. Guess a better weapon than my trusty blue 364 alone would do the trick. Right now my dmg wasn't enough to get Anub in totC 10 man below 10% and saurfang blocks my icc soloing progress because of this.

Solo'ed naxx 10 man yesterday with ease, hardest encounter (and a really close call) being Instructor Razuvious as ret. I think I got some lucky avoidance streaks there, because if his hits land, chunks of hp go down the drain. I rambo'ed in with everything if've got and killed him before he killed me. Most other fights are trivial.

Being able to solo 4 horsemen in 25 man would be interesting because of armageddon though. Might have to go prot in the long run if I want to continue to solo as much I guess

Gonna try ulduar 10 next. All of the BC content is more or less trivial, karathress in SSC being somewhat of a pain in the ass as ret though from my experience. Percentage scaling abilities ftw.

Horsemen 25 is not as hard as it seems, simply kill them one by one. They don't hit hard, especially if you keep Seal of Insight and Sacred Shield up (490 ret).

Having a lot of trouble on Anub'arak 10N, in both ret and prot. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
    Having a lot of trouble on Anub'arak 10N, in both ret and prot. Any tips?
    Let your health drop, save any major cooldown for life steal phase. It's 10%(?) of your current hp, not max hp. Divine Protection and Aura Mastery will also somewhat work as "DPS" cooldowns here as they'll reduce the healing he takes by reducing the damage locust swarm does to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Sigh, whatever. As I said I'll do it again, as I forgot just how these boards can be.

Oh, and http://i.imgur.com/6REr2.jpg
    You want me to solo things properly? I do.
    Very impressive I'm curious though, the 409ilvl gear, are you reforging into avoidance stats or pure mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Akhom View Post
    Gonna try ulduar 10 next. All of the BC content is more or less trivial, karathress in SSC being somewhat of a pain in the ass as ret though from my experience. Percentage scaling abilities ftw.
    i thought karathress wasn't that bad. went in, popped all my cd's and divine stormed the other guys to death. really didn't have much of a problem with him.

vashj got up to like 300 charges or stacks...but still killed her with like 20% health.

going to ulduar next...tried trial of the crusader 25 man for the axe....but two man'd it just to see it. factions champions are a b!tch.

Karathress seems to be a bit buggy, he smacked me for 100% of my HP a couple times last week. I hadn't tried to kill him in months and the last time I did, he wasn't anything special. EDIT: Actually, he works as intended - Cataclysmic bolt + the buff from his pals will let him hit for 596k. Snazzy.

Haven't gone to Naxx yet, maybe next week if time permits - for Instructor Razuvious on 10 man, be sure to use the mind control orbs and throw his students at him before you engage him, you can whittle him down a fair bit.

Kael is pretty trivial now, I just kill his pals in the four different corners to split them up a bit and smack them down one or two at a time the second time around - no need to run to the zone entrance anymore.

Did Illidari council as prot, trivializes the fight.

I'm wanting to knock out XT in ulduar 10 on hard for that nice sword, but got smacked around the 15 minutes I spent on it. I'm sure it's doable, just need to dope out cooldowns / etc.Much the same way, I'm glad to hear 4 Horsemen is doable as ret in 25 man; my DK has an Armageddon and I really want one for my Paladin. It's such a great sword, shame that they canned that raid / theme and dumped the sword into Naxx.
    Last edited by nosfentor; 2012-12-21 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nosfentor View Post
    Karathress seems to be a bit buggy, he smacked me for 100% of my HP a couple times last week. I hadn't tried to kill him in months and the last time I did, he wasn't anything special. EDIT: Actually, he works as intended - Cataclysmic bolt + the buff from his pals will let him hit for 596k. Snazzy.

Haven't gone to Naxx yet, maybe next week if time permits - for Instructor Razuvious on 10 man, be sure to use the mind control orbs and throw his students at him before you engage him, you can whittle him down a fair bit.

Kael is pretty trivial now, I just kill his pals in the four different corners to split them up a bit and smack them down one or two at a time the second time around - no need to run to the zone entrance anymore.

Did Illidari council as prot, trivializes the fight.

I'm wanting to knock out XT in ulduar 10 on hard for that nice sword, but got smacked around the 15 minutes I spent on it. I'm sure it's doable, just need to dope out cooldowns / etc.Much the same way, I'm glad to hear 4 Horsemen is doable as ret in 25 man; my DK has an Armageddon and I really want one for my Paladin. It's such a great sword, shame that they canned that raid / theme and dumped the sword into Naxx.
    XT-002 HM was pretty easy for me last time I did him, make sure to use Seal of Insight if you feel like you're losing health too quickly. Razuvious 10man was much easier than I thought and I barely had to heal myself at all before he dropped like a sack of... pudding.

Ive soloed:
    Karazhan
    Tempest Keep
    Serpentiner Shrine Caverns
    Black Temple
    Mount Hyjal

XT-002 HM was pretty easy for me last time I did him, make sure to use Seal of Insight if you feel like you're losing health too quickly. Razuvious 10man was much easier than I thought and I barely had to heal myself at all before he dropped like a sack of... pudding.
    Did you do XT as prot or ret?