Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anyone have any tips for doing the chess event in Kara? I cant seem to get the event down when i'm running it solo.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteClimber View Post
    Anyone have any tips for doing the chess event in Kara? I cant seem to get the event down when i'm running it solo.
    The outcome of the event -- when soloed -- has a large sway with RNG, but you can use some strategy to improve your odds. This is what has worked for me (note, this is from an alliance player's perspective):

Start by moving one or both of the knights out as a distraction.

Move pawns to get, first, the king, and then the conjurer in play. They -- especially Llane -- need room to move soon after the match begins, or they're likely to take a lot of fire damage when Medivh cheats.

Here's where RNG comes into play. Is Blackhand hanging out in the back or advancing toward you? If the latter, move Llane to meet him, get the two fighting, and swap to the conjurer. Blast Blackhand into chunks. You may be tempted to control a cleric to heal Llane. This is fine to recuperate some of the damage he may have taken from fire but, once he has engaged Blackhand, the lost dps from giving up control of the conjurer will hurt you more than the healing will help. [Edit: if he's hiding on his back line, do your best, but the odds are against you.]

I typically win within three tries. A loss now and then is unavoidable. Thankfully, there's no penalty beyond "wasted" time on failed attempts.

Now go smack down Malchezaar.
    Last edited by Kaeth; 2013-03-15 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Instakill happens if one of ghosts reaches you. Shambling horrors have no effect on that.
    thanks this helped me alot
    Last edited by mmoc8d8f95f073; 2013-03-16 at 07:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    It's not true, the ghosts are irrelevant now. I can't explain the reasons for the Shambling horrors killing you but whatever it is it isn't intended and is more likely an oversight in the code. Keep in mind that the Horrors have a hard enrage after ~6ish minutes, it was never intended for them to exist beyond maybe the start of p2 if you sucked with the plague.
    with the instant kill i mean in frostmourne..everytime since 5.2 i'm getting killed instant in frostmourne after 10 second or so and i never realized why this happens..then i read this and i watched the ghosts in frostmourne and killed them before reaching me and it was np to survive frostmourne.

PS: before 5.2 i was 5 times in one fight in frostmourne and i survived it but then wiped on enrage and i completely had ignored the ghosts(they hitted me for 20k) in frostmourne and it worked.

but whatever o.O
    Last edited by mmoc8d8f95f073; 2013-03-16 at 12:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not true, the ghosts are irrelevant now. I can't explain the reasons for the Shambling horrors killing you but whatever it is it isn't intended and is more likely an oversight in the code. Keep in mind that the Horrors have a hard enrage after ~6ish minutes, it was never intended for them to exist beyond maybe the start of p2 if you sucked with the plague.
    Just checked some of my fraps files of 8min+ fights keeping shamblers alive, and they continue to enrage as normal. I'm not seeing any hard enrage at all.

Deleted
    Posted in the other thread, but it seems to be ghouls doing the instakill and not horrors. Can't say for sure but my limited testing agrees with it.

How difficult is Razorgore with the latest changes? Any tips on how to do it? WTB Untamed Blade.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    How difficult is Razorgore with the latest changes? Any tips on how to do it? WTB Untamed Blade.
    It's actually pretty easy - I did it for the first time this weekend. The basic procedure I did was:

* Kill mobs by MC totem.
    * MC Razorgore and start destroying eggs closest to you first. (It doesn't have a cooldown.)
    * When MC is about to break, or if Razorgore is starting to take a lot of damage, target him then cast either WOG or SS. (I used Execution Sentence twice, but I'm actually not sure if it was healing or damaging him... I'd avoid it to be safe. :P)
    * Blast some AoEs, then MC Razorgore again. (There is only something like a 6 sec lockout from MC rather than a minute.)

Rinse & repeat until eggs are gone, then well, P2 is just faceroll.

A few other things I head about that would help (Righteous Fury to get more adds on you, Eternal Flame to keep Razorgore healed), but I didn't use either (forgot the first, and wanted to try it without respeccing).

I find Sacred Shield to be really strong for soloing old raids - I just soloed Kael without breaking a sweat. (Well, aside from realizing mid fight I still had my Ghost Iron Dragonling trinket equipped. I figured I was going to get boned by MC.)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=37698

See second down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...30MjOPY#t=831s

Note the two red adds to the right side.
    http://i.imgur.com/x5YXs10.jpg

Three non-red adds. I did kill it in 8 minutes though.

Edit: Checking the comments on that frenzy skill, seems they do it below 20% hp. Makes considerably more sense.

The adds in P1 have always frenzied below 20% life.

Deleted
    Yeah, remember that being a raid wiper back in WotLK, when an add went enraged just as the plague left that add. It was always something tanks had to use CDs for.

Cooldowns and stuns as the cast of the shockwave went off. Yep. IIRC a frenzied Horror would one-shot the tank with Shockwave on 25H, even through a 50% cooldown.

Deleted
    Nah, you could survive a shockwave on 25H, but not without a cooldown.

I just got an Account To post in this thread but I"m wondering if a Paladin has been able to Solo Morchok out of Dragon Soul?

SotR would make stomp a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Probably not too hard.
    I'm Attempting it now and i'm getting Morchok down to 10% per Black blood of the Earth. And i'm trying to think of ways to increase my dps. Any ideas?

I decided to give it a try, and with ret gear and only a sword and board leaving me at 8.21% hit, 6.76% exp, I still got him to 5mil before he enraged, and that was with HP over ES.

How much damage does Stomp do? I'm thinking you could simply brute-force it.

Stomp does 675k Damage, which with my SotR Negates nearly half of it