Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just let a full strength stomp through, was 465493 damage. I've tried soaking a couple here and there for veng stacking, doesn't seem to be too viable though.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 10:44 PM ----------

You're forgetting to include the -35% from the DS nerf.

Oh yeah forgot about that. What Talents are you using and Gear? I'm rolling a 497 is the mixed up gear i have.

BTW i'm also doing this with my own buffs without food or flask. (Saving money for repair bill because i'm down to 500 gold lol)
    Last edited by Konnan; 2013-03-18 at 11:56 AM.

Its possible on 10man normal to kill morchok while your on your own. Completely dependent on how much of the debuff you have when a stomp goes out. Each stack is 10% reduced armor if I recall so if you get stomped with SoTR or a big CD up while having 80% reduced armor its going to hurt.

Remember not to SoTR whenever you can but use it just as a stomp cast is going out should make things considerably easier. Don't bother moving the boss towards the red ball on the floor. The damage is negligible compared to the dps lost through moving. I'll add I'm using the haste build, although mastery on morchok would work also.

Also stay in during black blood, the damage lost from running out is quite significant and the stacking damage doesn't do that much.

Deleted
    Have anyone tried Magmaw + Maloriak btw since after the SoI + Hotr nerf?

Heya,
    Started to solo things last week
    Did:
    MC
    BT
    BWL
    Gruul
    Ony
    Mag
    Khara

Having a blast,
    But no matter what I try I just keep wiping on os3d

Would you guys take a look at my armory and tell me if I even can solo it or not ?
    http:/ /eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Bubblelric/simple

Sorry for the link but had to bypass the link posting thingy since I'm a new user there is a space between the two /

Deleted
    Felt like attempting Morchok myself aswell. Just got him down to 10% before enrage on the first pull, but I had completely horrible glyphs and talents, realised after I pulled. Will see if I can get the sucker down now.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Felt like attempting Morchok myself aswell. Just got him down to 10% before enrage on the first pull, but I had completely horrible glyphs and talents, realised after I pulled. Will see if I can get the sucker down now.
    What's your gear like and what are you using for glyphs because I'm only getting him to about 60% before I mess up and he kills me.

Have anyone tried Magmaw + Maloriak btw since after the SoI + Hotr nerf?
    Magmaw is again doable. Whenever he slams his head down remember to attack the exposed part of him for the increased damage to reach the enrage timer, it was tight for me but I was messy when doing it. I can't remember whether mangle instantly kills you now, but if I recall I always either had HoP/Bubble/Ardent Defender up to make sure I didn't die just incase it did instantly kill. I'll write it up properly later just working at the moment, might even just record it for no other reason than I can :>.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Konnan View Post
    What's your gear like and what are you using for glyphs because I'm only getting him to about 60% before I mess up and he kills me.
    496 ilvl. Though I keep failing myself now. Basically failing on 1 stomp is a death. It is all about rotating cooldown smartly.

On the good try I used execution sentence defensively, though I am trying to use if offensively now for more damage. Considering swapping to lights hammer to get both damage and healing.

Using sacred shield, hand of purity, sanctified wrath and ES atm.

But yeah, 1 mess up = death.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mushedcow View Post
    Magmaw is again doable. Whenever he slams his head down remember to attack the exposed part of him for the increased damage to reach the enrage timer, it was tight for me but I was messy when doing it. I can't remember whether mangle instantly kills you now, but if I recall I always either had HoP/Bubble/Ardent Defender up to make sure I didn't die just incase it did instantly kill. I'll write it up properly later just working at the moment, might even just record it for no other reason than I can :>.
    He doesnt slam his head down when you are alone.

I do not think that the mangle instantly kills you. Rather sure just having a SotR up makes you survive easly. I was abusing the worms earlier though for increased self healing. Maybe I will try later to repeat kill.

496 ilvl. Though I keep failing myself now. Basically failing on 1 stomp is a death. It is all about rotating cooldown smartly.

On the good try I used execution sentence defensively, though I am trying to use if offensively now for more damage. Considering swapping to lights hammer to get both damage and healing.

Using sacred shield, hand of purity, sanctified wrath and ES atm.

But yeah, 1 mess up = death.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 02:32 PM ----------

He doesnt slam his head down when you are alone.

I do not think that the mangle instantly kills you. Rather sure just having a SotR up makes you survive easly. I was abusing the worms earlier though for increased self healing. Maybe I will try later to repeat kill.
    Why would you use purity when the black blood phase doesn't do that much damage, when you could get another bubble/LoH in the fight and increase the amount of divine protections you get by using the middle talent, also I use Holy avenger, because it means for 18 seconds you have a 50%+ damage reduction rolling which can save you through multiple stomps when you would've otherwise died because you don't have guardian of ancient kings or another defensive cooldown.

Also when I wrote head slams down, I'll clarify. When he eats you, during this time you can actually target the back of his head "Exposed something or other" increasing your damage to magmaw by an awful lot.

Hard to say properly when you should be working and not actually at wow right now anyway

Deleted
    I prefer the 10% damage reduction on the stomps. I rather cover more stomps with minor cds than a few with major.

Why on earth would you use HA? There are 4 stomps per phase. His melee hits for shit. You can have a minor cd + SotR for every stomp.
    SW is just 10x better for surviving that. Basically, SW = if you have low health you go to full health + stay at full health for 30 seconds.

Ha is the most illogical choice on that fight. If you said DP I would understand it, but HA just ain't got nothing on the other talents. Especially due to the 7 minute enrage timer.

Yeah, ofc, when magmaw is eating you should dps his head.

---------- Post added 2013-03-18 at 03:08 PM ----------

F it... another 2 million wipe, 15 sec before the enrage due to a badly timed SotR. Just gonna retire this as I have raids I rather solo than DS. I really hated DS so not really happy about being back here. Maybe will return later some time to continue DS.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-03-18 at 02:09 PM.

The few I solo'd tonight before I have to go out, I'll check what else from cataclysm can be done relatively easily without too much stress, but from the top of my head from what I've done in the past is,

Tier 11 -
    Halfus.
    V&T.
    Ascendant Council.
    Magmaw.

Omnitron.

Ala'kir.
    Alysrazor(solo'ed it until my mount dropped, then boosted a friend until theirs dropped).
    Morchok today's was rushed and was messy but still died even with poor CD usage.

Yor'sahj.

I haven't tried many of the others but that's because of mechanics that I believe make them near impossible, not sure about maloriak due to the healing mechanic of the boss and paladin being unable to dispel the enemy.

I didn't change spec or glyphs but here they are.

Speed of Light
    Fist of Justice
    Sacred Shield
    Unbreakable Spirit
    Holy Avenger
    Holy Prism
    Glyph of Focused Shield
    Glyph of the Alabaster Shield
    Glyph of Divine Protection

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblelric View Post
    Heya,
    Started to solo things last week
    Did:
    MC
    BT
    BWL
    Gruul
    Ony
    Mag
    Khara

Having a blast,
    But no matter what I try I just keep wiping on os3d

Would you guys take a look at my armory and tell me if I even can solo it or not ?
    http:/ /eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Bubblelric/simple

Sorry for the link but had to bypass the link posting thingy since I'm a new user there is a space between the two /
    Any1 have any input ?

Deleted
    Have not tried os3d so can't really say anything about that.

Any Cata content that can be soloed as retri, or is it all prot?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblelric View Post
    Any1 have any input ?
    Are you trying OS3D 10man or 25man? Because 10man is a roflstomp for myself, though I am quite a lot better geared than you. Realistically just need to burst him before the first drake lands or you'll die from the drakes soft enrage (happens when Sarth drops under 25% I believe).

25man is different and the best attempt I've had before being killed was about 1mil HP left, more gear would make it 100x easier, however, I already have the drake so it's pretty pointless.

Deleted
    The SoI single target buff really made V&T a lot easier! Remember struggling with the enrage before, given that was in about 10-15 item levels lower. But now I beat the enrage by almost 2 minutes.

I recently went into ds on my pally, 1st attempt 10% wipe on morchok, killed it 4 attempts later due to me messing up several times at 8%, killed it like 10 secs before enrage.

Pulled Yor N, had ages on enrage timer, wiped myself at 700k life to pull hc, killed heroic yorshaj easily...

Might attempt warlord later, idk i put a lot of time into him on my dk, it'll be annoying to do it again on my pally.

EDIT:

Heroic omnitron down, 1st attempt enrage at 12%.
    2nd attempt 39 secs before enrage.
    Last edited by TwentyTwelve; 2013-03-19 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    Damn, cho'gall is a pain. Think this is the most unconventional glyphs and talents I ever had to use to solo something.

Edit: Hmm 40%, really annoying fight, but I am failing on simple shit like shadow bolts. Seems doable.

Think I need to reach P2 before the fifth add. The third add wave is by far the hardest part so far.

I got it to 35% before the fifth add spawned. But couldn't keep up after that, + rather sure I would hit the enrage anyway. Anyone wanting to try, you are more than welcome!
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-03-19 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightKnight87 View Post
    Any Cata content that can be soloed as retri, or is it all prot?
    Al'Akir is soloable as ret. Think about damage intake where you can simply outheal fights like Atramedes, V&T, Halfus (only with easy drakes) should be doable as ret as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Omnitron is done as ret as well.