Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedralixx View Post
    Can Kalegcos in Sunwell be soloed, without having anyone going inside the portals? I remember that the boss evaded if you didn't.
    No clue if it can be, however if you are interested in the rest of sunwell you can just run past him and skip him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JLarks View Post
    What is the recommended ilvl for lk 25 hc?
    I'd say 510+

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Kill the spiders before they web you. You can also stun their web cast to interrupt it.
    I managed to burn the spiders by single-targeting (I just targeted them first and the rest was easy).
    However the first boss kept spiking me. I couldn't DPS him fast enough to avoid getting spiked (on 25m-heroic).
    I couldn't even Bubble.
    I ran back and changed it to 25-man normal but the trash reset so I stopped for the night.
    Any ideas or do I need a 2nd person?
    Raiders of the Lost Ark (Cael) is recruiting! Add me to your RealID list (Battle Tag: Fredgalielin#6654)! Looking for raiders for 2 nights a week. Flasks, Food & guild repairs on raid night. Help with gems, enchants & crafted gear!

Quote Originally Posted by sandspally View Post
    I managed to burn the spiders by single-targeting (I just targeted them first and the rest was easy).
    However the first boss kept spiking me. I couldn't DPS him fast enough to avoid getting spiked (on 25m-heroic).
    I couldn't even Bubble.
    I ran back and changed it to 25-man normal but the trash reset so I stopped for the night.
    Any ideas or do I need a 2nd person?
    Did you try to bubble before the spikes ? that might make you immune to them.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Did you try to bubble before the spikes ? that might make you immune to them.
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I'm only ilvl511 at the moment, so I might have to wait a bit and get better geared.
    I get the idea of getting the trash to pound on me to build my vengence so I can burn the boss but I don't thing my gear is there just yet.
    Thanks for the thoughtful replies though.
    Raiders of the Lost Ark (Cael) is recruiting! Add me to your RealID list (Battle Tag: Fredgalielin#6654)! Looking for raiders for 2 nights a week. Flasks, Food & guild repairs on raid night. Help with gems, enchants & crafted gear!

It's a steep gear check for Marrowgar 25 HM. If you aren't doing current tier heroics, you will not be able to out dps this. I'm in mostly 522 gear and can only get him to about 25% of his health. Midwinter's prot paladin who is mostly best in slot, beat him with just a few seconds to spare. Bubble/BoP do not work and you will get impaled through them. The only way I know of to avoid getting impaled is to be a goblin/worgen, which isn't possible for us paladins. Best bet is to wait until the next tier for the majority of us to be able to do this fight.

Deleted
    Would it be impossible to kill the spikes? I could easily kill spikes in 10 man. Afaik the spikes have almost the same hp in 25 man as in 10 man (since it spawn 3 instead of 1)

I never tried, have anyone else?

Deleted
    Seems to me that with tons of adds on you (for veng), consecration/lh dropped just before spike will do low dmg in single-target terms - should be aoe-capped imo.
    Without adds on you, with low vengeance, maybe you'll kill 1 spike, and seems to me there is more than 1 durring single bonestorm.

Deleted
    Atleast when I last tried I could reliably kill spikes (10 man) with consecration. If that is the case, then you do not need to pull all the trash with you, so if you dont have enough gear to burn him down before the first bonestorm, you could do it the slow and safe way. You could pull all of the 4 big bone skeletons with you to the boss.

Not sure it is possible, havent attempted it, but could be.

So, I have been soloing ICC 25 for legendary shards. I've been doing it all as Ret, because my offspec is holy and I'm too lazy to change it.
    So far I've killed:
    Marrowgar
    Deathwhisper
    Saurfang
    Rotface (Heroic)
    Blood Princes
    Sindrigosa (Heroic)

Here's my question: for anyone that has killed Putricide in 25, how do you deal with the oozes? I've been ignoring them through the first 2 phases, then bubbling when they all come for me at the start of phase 3. But it seems that they will randomly decide to come charge me again later in phase 3, and then I get destroyed. Any special strat I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kajikami View Post
    So, I have been soloing ICC 25 for legendary shards. I've been doing it all as Ret, because my offspec is holy and I'm too lazy to change it.
    Given that now classes like shadow priest and shamans are able to solo LK 25H, I think Ret is almost at the gear level (545+) where it might be doable, if someone wants to give it a shot (I don't have that level of gear, so it probably won't be worth the time).

Deleted
    Done heroic nefarian on 10 man yesterday, disappointingly easy. Just kill 1 add during the platforms phase then heal through the other 2 spamming blast wave and the skeletons getting huge for 100 to 0 >:

Deleted
    Here's my question: for anyone that has killed Putricide in 25, how do you deal with the oozes? I've been ignoring them through the first 2 phases, then bubbling when they all come for me at the start of phase 3. But it seems that they will randomly decide to come charge me again later in phase 3, and then I get destroyed. Any special strat I'm missing?
    Don't bubble. Oozes wont target current tank. Bubbling will drop threat for a while, and they will target you.
    Same mechanic goes on sindy. No bubble, no tombs.

@voidspark: You gave me hint to prepare my priest a bit for next patch ;D.
    Wouldn't think that those squishy clothies can do it but ye, asians have like 558? ilvl overal with the cloak. Possible.

Deleted
    On the same theme - went to Dragon Soul today and cleared up to spine. Had to take hagara through the berserk and was 10s short of another berserk on ultraxion, but overall it's very do-able if people are interested in the Ultraxion mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    Don't bubble. Oozes wont target current tank. Bubbling will drop threat for a while, and they will target you.
    Same mechanic goes on sindy. No bubble, no tombs.
    The bubble wasn't the problem, I was only using it after they were already targeting me because i lose tank status at the transition. I think it may have been that I was kiting a bit too much while trying to avoid the Malleable Goo. In any case, I managed to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Given that now classes like shadow priest and shamans are able to solo LK 25H, I think Ret is almost at the gear level (545+) where it might be doable, if someone wants to give it a shot (I don't have that level of gear, so it probably won't be worth the time).
    I just did LK on 25 normal, and it was surprisingly easy. Is there something specific that would make heroic that much harder? Or just more health, more damage? Anyway I'm not sure if I can get to heroic LK... you have to kill all the wing bosses on heroic first right? How does it work with 10/25... can I kill them on 10H, and then switch to 25H for LK?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I wanted to solo LK25 HC, could I do it in my current gear but with prot spec? Would I have to change my gems and reforges?

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    If I wanted to solo LK25 HC, could I do it in my current gear but with prot spec? Would I have to change my gems and reforges?
    Easily. /10char

Deleted
    Been playing with sha of anger a bit, his MC cast can be blocked with LoS but unfortunately the only thing nearby that worked was some hozen hut, none of the rocks or fences seemed to block sight properly. If you do that he seems to get a bit upset and spams the zone with "Feed me with your ANGER!" 6 times or so whilst chain casting the mc, then gives up and goes back to regular stuff. Unfortunately the hut was so far away and he spent so long chain casting that I only got about 6 seconds of dps time on him before I had to run away again. By this point the small hut was full of black pools and I couldn't survive. Maybe there's a better LoS point at one of the other spawn points. Has anyone tried?

Edit - went over to the spawn point at Fire Camp Yongqi and there are a ton of very easy LoS points right next to where sha spawns. Might give it a shot if some group kills him tomorrow and he pops up at the camp.

Moaredit - lol nvm, wowpedia says he has a 15 min berserk time >.<
    Last edited by mmoce9c0afd7c3; 2013-07-29 at 01:36 AM.

Deleted
    The bubble wasn't the problem, I was only using it after they were already targeting me because i lose tank status at the transition. I think it may have been that I was kiting a bit too much while trying to avoid the Malleable Goo. In any case, I managed to kill him.
    I know they will target you, I ment rather using their abilibies (follow/stun). Tbh in retri I'm soloing it just at the table with SoI active.
    My bubble-thinkinking was because I remember that I used bubble to remove meleable goo and got nuked by oozes . Gonna try it after reset, but as far as I remember it never started to attack me without bubbling.

you have to kill all the wing bosses on heroic first right?; can I kill them on 10H, and then switch to 25H for LK?
    No since cata and 10/25 mixed lockouts; no.
    Killing anything on 10H will block 25H mode for you. You can kill everything on 10N/25N mixed (not sure about 25H, but should be ok, as you can kill everything on normal and still LK on HC, few 25HC boses shouldnt mess thigs up).
    About 25N/25H differences.. 100M hp, thats main difference . Loltraps in first phase, that combined with more boss hp will make phase significantly longer. I expect some problems in phase2. Not sure if infest wont be a problem, if you wont kill adds from P1. FM miniphase in P3 isnt a problem.

I'm going to try it in reti after wed reset but not rly big hopes. Not much time to play in last month, and when I'm playing, the drop sucks. 532ilvl can be not enough for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michalus View Post
    About 25N/25H differences.. 100M hp, thats main difference . Loltraps in first phase, that combined with more boss hp will make phase significantly longer. I expect some problems in phase2. Not sure if infest wont be a problem, if you wont kill adds from P1. FM miniphase in P3 isnt a problem.

I'm going to try it in reti after wed reset but not rly big hopes. Not much time to play in last month, and when I'm playing, the drop sucks. 532ilvl can be not enough for that.
    Most of the strats I've seen with DPS doing it have them going all out on LK in phase 1 to prevent as many adds from spawning as possible, then killing them during the first transition and start of phase 2. Biggest problems for ret would be the raging spirit silence.