Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjohn311 View Post
    546 for yogg 0.
    Hmmm...sadly, I'm still a bit undergeared then; I'm 532. I suppose I could try it as Prot, but I haven't had any luck soloing LK as Prot yet either. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    546 for yogg 0.
    My ret set is 550 with 561 weapon, guess I should give it a go.

10+ Year Old Account
    killed yogg +0 on 25 as ret last night. Pretty easy fight with enough gear, keep adds under control and win.
    Interesting, but the fact that I have to kill Thorim first will probably prevent me from farming it every week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    Interesting, but the fact that I have to kill Thorim first will probably prevent me from farming it every week.
    Does Ulduar work the same as ICC? As in, that I can do a 10 man 12/14 clear (with hardmodes obv.) and then switch to 25 while saving an ID on an alt? Or do I need to do it on 25 once and can I still save the ID each week on an alt?

I tried Yogg a few times but no luck; too much stunlocking from either tentacles or being too far from the boss, and it seemed like I took too long to get adds down in the brain room. Other than that, I could see it being quite feasible to do.

Looking at Mione's Tortos solo, I've been wondering whether it would be possible as a paladin. We would get an abudance of GC procs by the bats, which will in turn (with haste cap) provide us with more than 90% SoTR uptime. However, as seen in her video, vengeance didn't go very high. If I remember correctly, the max was around ~120k, which will make EF tick for mediocre amounts. Seeing as how damage intake is quite high, I doubt that would be enough to outheal the damage. However, you never know with the power trip that one gains with full (or close to full) BiS gear.

Anyone else's thoughts on this?

Deleted
    Solo'ed the last 2 weeks:
    Firelands 10 Heroic:
    Bethilac HC as Ret.
    Alysrazar HC as Ret.
    Rhyolith HC as Prot.
    Baloroc HC as Prot even with the Vengeance nerf. (Pulled the fire elementals for Vengeance + shield procs.)
    Shannox HC as Prot.
    Majordormus HC as Prot

Dragonsoul 10 Normalmode:
    Morchok as Ret
    Zon'ozz as Prot
    Yor'sahj as Ret
    Hagara as Prot in enrage with cooldowns and bursted her from 70% to 0%. But its also possible as ret
    Ultraxion not soloable for me. Wiped as Ret because of double light debuffs at the same time + wiped as prot on 20-30% because of enrage and low vengeance ~~ maybe it helps to let the trash mobs drakes alive to push vengeance but i dont know becauce i 2 manned it later on.
    Warmaster Blackhorn as Ret.
    Spine as Ret(annoying shit)
    Madness as Ret.

AND...
    Throne of the Four Winds 10:
    let me say that my ret gear is 565 and you need good dps to do this
    i had a 1000str flask prepot 4% kings Might 8% Stamina 300 STR Buffood + heroism + Seal of Insight + Speed of light
    Start with Anshal
    Burst him down with all cooldowns in bubble(& put eternal flame on you) then use speed of light to go to the next plate.
    Then i moved to Rohash and killed him because his silence sucks(use heroism here if needed). USE LOH when LOW + hold Eternal Flame up on you.
    And Finally i got to Nezir & i killed him with all cooldowns.
    well thats it.

sorry for my bad english btw. i hope i could help anyways
    Last edited by mmoc8d8f95f073; 2013-10-17 at 12:24 PM.

I think the hardest BC boss to solo (besides Sunwell) would have to be the Chess Event in Karazhan. Due to the high likelihood that you will fail miserably, it's an incredibly frustrating fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novandora View Post
    I think the hardest BC boss to solo (besides Sunwell) would have to be the Chess Event in Karazhan. Due to the high likelihood that you will fail miserably, it's an incredibly frustrating fight.
    Wat? Just move a piece next to the king to get some space and control the king for the rest of the fight. Never failed for me.
    It is really easy :P

Never worked for me, I always tried to set up a defense with the pawns, and use the healers/warlock as well as the king. I probably overdid it, i dunno :/

In the past I agree, but in 5.2 when the pets came out it was significantly nerfed. Enjoy!

On my paladin as ret/prot, I've been able to do most pre cata raids (excluding the mechanic middle finger fights). For the cata raids on normal mode, many are solo-able but I've been able to complete them all on normal with two people. Chimaeron can suck depending how strong your helper is.

Has anyone tried soling Nalak, I did and wiped at around 65% because I refreshed ef at the wrong time (low vengeance, and was 3 stacks).
    Was going very smoothly before that point, just had to survive the initial damage, ef ticking around 80k and soi for 30k was sufficient for keeping me topped off most of the time. Note have 5 stacks of bog ready after the arc nova, and use divine protection for it.
    Tried to do it with no flask, food or buffs, just to see how far I can make it, since I've helped some friends with the nalak quest before by tanking him while they kite the add from the spear, and took him to 90% before my friend told me that we can go now xD.
    I tanked him in the corner near where he spawns so that the knockback becomes trivial.
    Maybe with no one else having the tag I might get the mount xD

I tried nalak out of boredom about a month ago / maybe 3 weeks... Was fairly easy and could have solo'd it no doubt... Isn't even challenging at the slightest is just a snooze fest for 10-20 mins lol. Used EF ofc.

Never worked for me, I always tried to set up a defense with the pawns, and use the healers/warlock as well as the king. I probably overdid it, i dunno :/
    That's your mistake. I thought so too in the beginning: that I had to defend the king, attack with other toons and heal. Wrong. Move a couple of peons and then only control the king: his cleave is so powerful he'll make the difference. You may still get some unlucky try but it's quite easy this way.
    And I can't believe we're discussing chess tactics in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jansn View Post
    Solo'ed the last 2 weeks:
    Firelands 10 Heroic:
    Bethilac HC as Ret.
    Alysrazar HC as Ret.
    Rhyolith HC as Prot.
    Baloroc HC as Prot even with the Vengeance nerf. (Pulled the fire elementals for Vengeance + shield procs.)
    Shannox HC as Prot.
    Majordormus HC as Prot

Dragonsoul 10 Normalmode:
    Morchok as Ret
    Zon'ozz as Prot
    Yor'sahj as Ret
    Hagara as Prot in enrage with cooldowns and bursted her from 70% to 0%. But its also possible as ret
    Ultraxion not soloable for me. Wiped as Ret because of double light debuffs at the same time + wiped as prot on 20-30% because of enrage and low vengeance ~~ maybe it helps to let the trash mobs drakes alive to push vengeance but i dont know becauce i 2 manned it later on.
    Warmaster Blackhorn as Ret.
    Spine as Ret(annoying shit)
    Madness as Ret.

AND...
    Throne of the Four Winds 10:
    let me say that my ret gear is 565 and you need good dps to do this
    i had a 1000str flask prepot 4% kings Might 8% Stamina 300 STR Buffood + heroism + Seal of Insight + Speed of light
    Start with Anshal
    Burst him down with all cooldowns in bubble(& put eternal flame on you) then use speed of light to go to the next plate.
    Then i moved to Rohash and killed him because his silence sucks(use heroism here if needed). USE LOH when LOW + hold Eternal Flame up on you.
    And Finally i got to Nezir & i killed him with all cooldowns.
    well thats it.

sorry for my bad english btw. i hope i could help anyways
    How did you go abouts do the heroic Beth'tilac fight?

Did anyone try to solo primo in post 5.4 veng nerf state ?
    I feel like should still be doable in 10N with SoO gear + 5 buffs and probably doable on 10H if you manage to position one of the slimes to stack up debuff on you w/o exploding (the other explosions feel like can be CDed for)

Deleted
    Just soloed Chi-Ji with the 25% stat buff.
    Very easy, and got even easier once I found out you get vengeance by standing in the fire. I tried to stack up the tornados so I could drop the hope circle in the middle of them and get a mad vengeance burst from that.

Anyone successfully Solo'ed Ragnaros 10 man normal as Retribution?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qub View Post
    Anyone successfully Solo'ed Ragnaros 10 man normal as Retribution?
    Never thought of trying that, there are a few situations where your self heals might be a bit tight.

But speaking of 10mans, I messed up my ICC save the other week so I tried 10H as retribution. It was trivial.