The Stone Guards 10 man - Normal

We have trouble with this boss, and if someone could explain to me whole fight?

i really wish i could but i was just a healer so i didnt pay much attention to the specific tactics regarding tanks and dps.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    I'm not ready for raiding yet, I wish I was though. Anyway, I suggest reading up on the fight on Icy Veins and watching videos on YouTube.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What are you having trouble with? The most important aspects that I managed to grasp as a healer, was tank taunting had to be spot on....no time for delay. You had to avoid all purple spots, but try and stay close together (ranged and healers) Move from the Spikes (when you have the correct petrify up you can absorb their damage, clearing them from the room)

I did it with a pug, and we were figuring the fight out as we went, but in the end it came down to tank swapping the boss's quickly and efficiently, you can't take too many of those overloads so manage the bosses energy properly and this fight becomes alot easier.

Sorry I couldn't be anymore specific,

Im assuming your group know the tactics right? Ivy veins or fatboss are usually good at explaining a fight. If you could let us know what you are dieing from we might be able to help more. For instance, are the non petrifying stone guards exploding and thus hitting a ton of damage wen they explode? Or maybe people arent stepping out of all the aoe. Its a very healing intensive fight ive found. But thats coming from sum1 who did 50% of the healing done with 3 healers xD, so im guessing my other healers werent brilliant. But it might be possible that your healers arent able to keep up the healing the entire fight. I dont believe theres an enrage timer, so whilst the group needs good dps to kill the boss before the healers go oom, its much more important to step out of the aoe and stuff. We had problem with lack of healing for a while but as soon as people stopped getting hit by everything and the tanks taunted the right add properly, the boss wen down with no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    i really wish i could but i was just a healer so i didnt pay much attention to the specific tactics regarding tanks and dps.
    It seemed pretty straight-forward to us. The one that's petrifying you want to have gaining energy (tanked with another dog) and the one with the highest non-petrifying energy you want tank by itself.

Don't stand in/near things on the ground and it's pretty simple.

We didn't have cobalt but everything went pretty smooth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendRXL View Post
    We have trouble with this boss, and if someone could explain to me whole fight?
    Ok so things to know before you start;

• You have 3 mobs (I will call them A, B and C)
    • They gain energy when they grouped up, when they reach 100% energy they explode dealing around 250k damage.
    • When a mob is by itself it turns to stone and is unable to gain energy.
    • One of the 3 mobs will cause a debuff on the raid (Very important). The one that causes the debuff will always be different.
    • This debuff will reduce the damage done by 90% when the respected mob explodes (If you have the Jade debuff, the Jade mobs AoE is reduced by 90%). You never want a mob to explode when you don't have the same debuff.

What you do is you start the fight, 1 tank takes A and B the other takes C (Which will turn to stone). The start is crucial because its where you set up the energy which will be alternated throughout the fight. Now A and B are generating energy at the same pace and one of the 3 mobs (A, B or C) will cast the debuff shortly after pulling.
    When the debuff goes up, the bar will be 1 of 3 colours (Each colour represents the add you have). Whichever colour the bar turns, that's what debuff you have and that's the mob you want to explode (Jade for Jade etc).

This next part is all about setting up the energy for the rest of the fight (It will make sense in a bit); Make sure the correct mob is grouped up and generating energy. You may need to taunt the stoned mob because it might be the one that is causing the debuff, if this happens just switch C (the stoned mob) with A or B (it doesn't matter which).

I am going to assume that A caused the debuff to keep things simple for text.
    Now you have 2 adds generating energy (A and B), one of which is causing the debuff (A) and that is the one you want to explode. You also have 1 add that is doing nothing and has low energy (C). When B reaches 50% energy, you want to switch B and C around so that B stays at 50% energy and C starts to generate instead. This will allow A to be in front for the first explode which will set up the rest of the fight.

This is what you should have.
    • 1 Add on 50-60% energy which is causing the debuff (A)
    • 1 Add together with the above, which is on 0-10% energy and no debuff. (C)
    • 1 Add by itself with 50-60% energy which is not generating any more because its turned to stone (B)

The rest is a piece of piss, I will write it in step by step again, nice and simple.

• A will explode causing minimal damage because A matched the debuff.
    • Shortly after it explodes a new bar will appear with a new colour (NOT A, its either B or C now).
    • If the debuff is coming from C you don't do a thing. C has the most energy (A has no more energy and is 50% behind) so C will explode first anyway - this is perfect.
    • If the debuff is coming from B you want to switch C and B around and turn C to stone. C will have the same energy and will explode at the same time, you want to make sure the highest energy mob is turned to stone (if it doesn't cause the debuff).

Now its just rinse and repeat, every AoE you taunt switch or stay as you are, making sure the debuff and the exploding add match up. If you perfect the start, the rest is super simple as you either taunt, or you don't.

Hope this helps, I have to eat dinner now so please correct me guys if I got anything wrong and don't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    What are you having trouble with? The most important aspects that I managed to grasp as a healer, was tank taunting had to be spot on....no time for delay. You had to avoid all purple spots, but try and stay close together (ranged and healers) Move from the Spikes (when you have the correct petrify up you can absorb their damage, clearing them from the room)

I did it with a pug, and we were figuring the fight out as we went, but in the end it came down to tank swapping the boss's quickly and efficiently, you can't take too many of those overloads so manage the bosses energy properly and this fight becomes alot easier.

Sorry I couldn't be anymore specific,

We had problems with the tanks. They didnt know when to switch targets and taunt. Clampy explanied it to me perfectly . Tnx guys