What bomb for will of the emperor?

Hey, I have seen some people use NT and other use FrostBomb, what exact is the difference? I am guessing NT if you are double dotting bosses all the time, and FrostBomb you use to explode on the adds? Which would you guys would be better? (10m - playing frost..)
    Last edited by Manarama; 2012-10-06 at 06:50 PM.

They are virtually identical; FB does more damage in AOE and provides a more predictable rotaion, NT does more single target damage but you have to cross your fingers for procs. The difference in DPS is in the hundreds and thus not really statistically significant.
    You may want to use NT eventually though because the Elegon trinket procs from DoT ticks and does not count Frost Bomb.

Depends on how many other casters you have as loot competition really.

Frost Bomb is better if your raid is having problems with small adds. Small adds can be frozen, so you can shatter combo your frost bomb.

Nether Tempest is better if the Strengths/ Shield guys are not dying fast enough, or if you're not getting enough damage on the emperor during gas phase.

You should adjust bombs based on what your raid needs more help with.

nether tempest probably. no limit on target (not saying im going to put it more than 2)

but it will be better for dotting up both bosses and i dont think we will have slowing issue (besides frost bomb stinks for arcane :P)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    nether tempest probably. no limit on target (not saying im going to put it more than 2)

but it will be better for dotting up both bosses and i dont think we will have slowing issue (besides frost bomb stinks for arcane :P)
    then again spamming nether tempest aint the best of ideas out there either

But ye generally speaking it doesnt make much difference which bomb you choose, though if you can max frost bomb on will of the emperor as a frost mage properly it has benefits like slowing the adds and doing massive shatter damage.

If you were to choose Nether Tempest for this fight, I don't understand why you wouldn't spread it as many mobs as possible. Am I missing something?

I used Living Bomb, only for quick spread purposes.

<Stage Clear> 14/14H Always Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    If you were to choose Nether Tempest for this fight, I don't understand why you wouldn't spread it as many mobs as possible. Am I missing something?
    it's not very mana efficient

Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    it's not very mana efficient
    and at least as fire unless you are switching a target it seems to be a dps loss..

well at least for me atm, then again with more haste and better gear, it should prolly pull a bit ahead
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2012-10-07 at 11:18 AM.

Some good advice here already. My opinion is to go with Frost Bomb just to help mop up the smaller adds. They can be a pain so you want to take them out as quickly and efficiently as possible (and NT is not overly efficient once you are putting it on multiple targets). Also the frost shatter you get from the Bomb can provide a nice boost and help control the adds as well.