Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

So yes you may still get a refund.

posted a ticket to see if i could maybe get a refund.
    i played to level 80 and had pre purchased
    though i stopped playing a couple weeks ago so I decided to try anyway.

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for providing that information.

We have processed a refund for order number ********. A $59.99 credit has been applied to your card. This may not appear until your next billing statement.

All serial codes associated with the transaction(s) that have been refunded are now disabled.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
    Brad
    NCsoft Account Support

so just incase you were disappointed and thought you were out the 60$ i would suggest trying to get a refund from them, cause i got one within 24 hours.

Pretty cool of them tbh,

How many hours did it take you to get to level 80? Just because the game wasn't what you thought it was you wanted your money back? I know you just want to inform people that they can get a refund but playing hours in a game when hundreds of people worked and slaved on it for years only to go around and practically play it for free is shameful no matter what your opinion of the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Taihaku347 View Post
    How many hours did it take you to get to level 80? Just because the game wasn't what you thought it was you wanted your money back? I know you just want to inform people that they can get a refund but playing hours in a game when hundreds of people worked and slaved on it for years only to go around and practically play it for free is shameful no matter what your opinion of the game is.
    no idea how what i did has any shame in it. the leveling was dreadful but i soldiered on to max for endgame. again i was disappointed. i am not trying to troll or bad talk the game because everyone has their own opinion. i was unhappy with the product so i tried to get my money back, not like made a big fuss, just opened a ticket and explained myself. I think any person in my situation would at least attempt to do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    You "rushed" for the endgame even tho everyone said the endgame is no the classical one. The leveling is far from dreadful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, you didn't like the game, you got your money back, good for you.

/the end
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

yea i dont get this whole refund thing. just because you dont like a game doesnt mean you should get a refund for it. If it couldnt run on your computer then yea you should get a refund. But just because a game is buggy (which they all are) or you didnt like how it turned out doesnt mean you should get a refund.

Deleted
    Did you have to provide any specific info to get the refund?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    no idea how what i did has any shame in it. the leveling was dreadful but i soldiered on to max for endgame. again i was disappointed. i am not trying to troll or bad talk the game because everyone has their own opinion. i was unhappy with the product so i tried to get my money back, not like made a big fuss, just opened a ticket and explained myself. I think any person in my situation would at least attempt to do the same.
    "the leveling was dreadful but i soldiered on to max for endgame. again i was disappointed." wat. How did you not realize this game is not end game centered and the point is to enjoy the leveling. I understand you didn't like it but why did you "solider on" expecting better when it is clear GW2 is not end game centered.

Anyways off topic I see you are from Ohio and northeast I remember when a previous thread what city (just curious). Ashtabula here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Did you have to provide any specific info to get the refund?
    i gave them all the order info and billing info.
    other then that i just explained that i don't play much and havent logged on in weeks.
    they were very understandable.

Deleted
    The OP ordered a meal and despite not enjoying the meal he ate it all. The restaurant then gave him a full refund because he complained.

On the one hand we could argue why did he finish the meal before asking for a refund but on the other hand we could ask the bigger question why the restaurant was happy to refund a fully eaten meal.

At the end of the day it's NCSofts choice whether to do it or not, the OP just took a chance and asked.

Hmm, I tried this with MoP, no refund

I wonder if I can do that at a restaurant. Eat a whole meal and then ask for a refund.

See now I can understand asking for a refund after a bite, or in the case of a game, after playing a few levels. But after level 80? Sounds like you really took advantage of the company.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2012-10-06 at 10:21 PM.

This makes me very sad. It was cheeky to ask for a refund. They may have given it to you but all I can say is what goes around, comes around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post

Its very nice of Anet to do this, but what you did was pretty damm bad.

The game is not faulty and the service offered meets all reasonable expectations. So what you did was like "buying" clothing, wearing it once, and returning it, which is pretty much theft in my view. Its an abuse of the goodwill of the retailer.

If the product was faulty (like D3 not allowing connections for 2+ weeks in EU primetime) then fine, get a refund on fault grounds. If you just did not like it, tough in my opinion. Its like paying for a film, not liking it and demanding a refund......

Also I expect this to be locked soon as its basically an "I quit" thread.

Meh..you got lucky, IF I had been dealing with that, i would have said:nope no refunds.

(that's just how I would deal with it, and that comes from a CS standpoint of a telephone company, yes they are ebil and the pay is horrible, most of the time)

but yeh you got lucky.. and honestly I'm quite baffled by this as well.. as Gray_Matter did say, this makes me sad.. and it was quite cheeky to ask for a refund.
    (
    yes you should be slightly ashamed of your self and yes I know they sold millions of copy's but still! it's sort of like asking for a refund of a movie you seen at the theatre/We it's called where you live).

This mentality amazes me. My wife works as a returns person in a major company and deals with this all the time. People buy things and use them and return them when they are done with them and the business is just out the money. Sorry OP, but I think what you did was wrong. You bought something, used it, and when you were done with it you took it back and expected your money back. Blizzard kindly returned your money, then you come on here and make a post that is basically bragging and encouraging others to follow your deciteful practices. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Hmm, I tried this with MoP, no refund

I wonder if I can do that at a restaurant. Eat a whole meal and then ask for a refund.

See now I can understand asking for a refund after a bite, or in the case of a game, after playing a few levels. But after level 80? Sounds like you really took advantage of the company.
    Not a whole meal, but if you eat half of it, if you get mad a little they'll give you a refund haha. Same thing with most things, usually they don't care much, if you get mad enough/yell, but no one does that, why would you really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    The OP ordered a meal and despite not enjoying the meal he ate it all. The restaurant then gave him a full refund because he complained.

On the one hand we could argue why did he finish the meal before asking for a refund but on the other hand we could ask the bigger question why the restaurant was happy to refund a fully eaten meal.

At the end of the day it's NCSofts choice whether to do it or not, the OP just took a chance and asked.

Yeah, pretty much this. OP is a total tightwad, but it's NCsofts fault to allowing him to do this.

"Pretty cool of them tbh"
    - Yeah, and pretty uncool of you.

The pure stupidity in this thread is overwhelming. If he got bored at 80 because he had burned himself out playing it, then it would be a jackass move to get a refund. However he reached 80 and realized this was not the game he thought it was and sought out to get a refund. There is nothing wrong with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't play beyond the first two weeks of the game but that's my own fault. The game is as advertised so I sucked it up chalked it up as experience I didn't go asking for my money back. Just because the game didn't satisfy my gaming needs doesn't warrant me running back and saying I want my money back. Sheez do you go to a movie theater and watch a crap movie and demand your money back? I think not.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-10-06 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    The pure stupidity in this thread is overwhelming. If he got bored at 80 because he had burned himself out playing it, then it would be a jackass move to get a refund. However he reached 80 and realized this was not the game he thought it was and sought out to get a refund. There is nothing wrong with that.
    It takes you 80 levels to figure that out? Come on now. The OP took advantage of the generous refund policy. It's kind of like a dine and dash except the restaurant allowed it to happen.