Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How the hell is leveling to max level "eating the whole meal"?? most MMO's are played far beyond that and prided on end game and longevity after the max level has been achieved, but i guess is so revolutionary they don't need to have that.

still don't see why i am being insulted. but i don't feel too bad about knowing that i am sure most of you have been disappointed with a product once in your lifetime and tried to return it just as I did, and were probably more forceful and disrespectful than I was in my approach.

the real point of this thread is for people who are disappointed and think they are out the 60$, you should try and set up a ticket and just see what happens, might get a good GM like did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    Blizzard kindly returned your money, then you come on here and make a post that is basically bragging and encouraging others to follow your deciteful practices. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!
    Read a little harder....

Though I do think it is wrong. You were able to even play the beta to test it out(since you pre purchased) but you still decided to play the game?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by roflmfao View Post
    This mentality amazes me. My wife works as a returns person in a major company and deals with this all the time. People buy things and use them and return them when they are done with them and the business is just out the money. Sorry OP, but I think what you did was wrong. You bought something, used it, and when you were done with it you took it back and expected your money back. Blizzard kindly returned your money, then you come on here and make a post that is basically bragging and encouraging others to follow your deciteful practices. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!
    Don't know what Blizzard has to do with this. But anyway, not that bad for Anet, this is an online RPG, so if someone asks for a refund, he looses all the progress he made. Don't think this encourages many people to ask for a refund. That maybe help get the haters away from QQing about every dumb reason too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    The pure stupidity in this thread is overwhelming. If he got bored at 80 because he had burned himself out playing it, then it would be a jackass move to get a refund. However he reached 80 and realized this was not the game he thought it was and sought out to get a refund. There is nothing wrong with that.
    yea pretty much this, i just stopped longing in after i hit max level because i frankly... didn't see a point or couldn't find anything i found entertaining to do.

Deleted
    So... you played about a lot of what the game offered, since you did get to 80 so you did play then... got a refund?

Seriously, this is just a dick move. If you'd have stopped around level 25, heck even 40, sure, I might understand but like this?

And here I agree that NCSoft are also stupid for allowing this, I mean seriously? You played the game, got enough of it and did it all for free...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not going to get a refund of the game as I enjoy it, but fact is:

Up to a month after the game was released, skill points were bugged, some dragons/events were bugged. Last Dungeon was bugged three weeks after release (not sure if it is fixed - haven't been back after 10 minutes of mashing #2) - I am still on the fence about the "trinity" removal. I preferred it to be honest. Dungeon mechanics are "bland" and boring.

From level 60 to 80, the game is hugely unpolished with some areas being a friggin nightmare to move around due to events constantly spawning at a frantic pace. Most of Orr, Malachar area (sic?), Straights are still a clusterf--kup of note. Contested zones all the friggin time so when you die, you gotta spawn halfway across the map. Very annoying.

Warfronts are boring as hell to me. Zerg Fest.

Negatives out the way, the game is stunning. I love the story quest. I enjoy the puzzles. I enjoy the exploring. I understand that the game is not about just being 80, but to enjoy the journey and complete each zone one at a time. I play it for the same reason I still play Skyrim - exploring.

So, for me, I think the game is still worth the 45 bucks I paid for it - and bought about 30 bucks on the cash shop. I log in every now and then, level my warrior, or my engineer and log off. I still find value in it and will give ArenaNet the benefit of the doubt that they will fix the bugs and polish the game - at later levels.

However, OP did nothing wrong asking for a refund. He was fully within his rights.

Game is not polished and from 60~80 feels unfinished in my opinion - a month after release. They're getting there, but not all of us want to wait.

Original Poster did not want to wait.

EDIT: the unpolished feel becomes more glaringly obvious in the later levels.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-10-06 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    still don't see why i am being insulted. but i don't feel too bad about knowing that i am sure most of you have been disappointed with a product once in your lifetime and tried to return it just as I did, and were probably more forceful and disrespectful than I was in my approach.
    How much time did you spend getting to 80? How many hours of enjoyment did you get from the game before you took it back? I can't see anyone getting to 80 in under 80 hours. So you got 80 hours of enjoyment at 75c per hour and that wasn't good enough? It has nothing to do with being unhappy with a product. You leeched. The worst part is that you don't understand what you did was wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz has done this with D3 too.
    Probably half the people that attack OP are ones that defended people doing this with D3.

Both companies are stupid for doing this and I don't see why people do this. Doesn't take 80 levels to figure this out.
    I have little respect for people pulling crap like this, it's pathetic to ask a refund after XX amount of hours (I can understand 2-3, not 20-30 to hit 80 in this case).

ok i guess people don't see why leveling to max level should in no way be the entirety of an MMOs playability these days.
    done posting here. This is was a thread for informative purposes only but i guess i should have known better on account of where i am posting it.

My bad on the blizzard part, was on MMO Champion and assumed it was WoW they were talking about. As far as everything else I said I wouldn't change a word. I have bought ALOT of games in the past. Some I liked, some I hated, but I have always chalked it up as a loss if I didn't like it and manned up to the fact that I might have thrown away 40-60 bucks. If 60 bucks is that important to you-you probably shouldn't be spending it on a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It takes you 80 levels to figure that out? Come on now. The OP took advantage of the generous refund policy. It's kind of like a dine and dash except the restaurant allowed it to happen.
    You don't think many people rush to max level to reach things such as endgame raiding? Sucks to do so and find out there is none.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I didn't play beyond the first two weeks of the game but that's my own fault. The game is as advertised so I sucked it up chalked it up as experience I didn't go asking for my money back. Just because the game didn't satisfy my gaming needs does warrant me running back and saying I want my money back. Sheez do you go to a movie theater and watch a crap movie and demand your money back? I think not.
    I agree with this, but i'll admit i got a refund, it wasnt what i was looking for but they offered that. I played a couple hours, got to lvl 30ish and 4 zones at 100% then i got bored so i thought, "I'm going to sell my account to a friend and let him be happy with", so that was my question towards the support , if i could sell my accout or not, this was the answer:

Thank you for contacting us. Well we appreciate your honesty and well this are the two possibilities that you have to do this:

1. If you want to sell this to a friend, yes you can the only thing is that you need to be sure to gave your friend all the information like the serial key and change the email before you can sell the game.
    2. If you want to have a refund yes we understand that probably the game didn't full your expectations so you can sent us all the required information to do this procedure.

So in the end i choose the 2 and got a refund, then asked my friend to buy from the website where it would be safer and easier. But i did felt i was wrong, i don't think NCs had the obligation to give me a refund but im happy they did.

You don't think many people rush to max level to reach things such as endgame raiding? Sucks to do so and find out there is none.
    If you make a blind purchase then that is absolutely your own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    If you make a blind purchase then that is absolutely your own fault.
    With all the hype for this "mmo" how could any purchase be a blind one? everyone said it was going to be the next best mmo. Come on, Don't be stupid now.
    Last edited by Stormwolf64; 2012-10-06 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Aion as well as GW2...Aion at launch and Aion a few months before it went F2P and after were so different. I might have had complaints with NCSoft when that game launched but when they got their North American division well set up everything changed. Their customer service became much faster and from my past experience I can say they will give you pretty much anything you ask them for.

I never went so far as asking for game refunds or anything like that but moving things between characters, restoring items, even giving me a second character customization ticket after I made mistakes on the first one I bought...they were more than happy to do. They're losing out on money but they seem to be more concerned with keeping their customers happy. This seems to fall into that situation. Even if they are losing a customer from GW2 they still want him to be willing to invest in their future games or pass along a good word to other people about their customer service.

You guys are being pretty harsh to the OP, imo. If you bought and wore a shirt and then realized it had several manufacturer flaws and wanted your money back because it had flaws you didn't realize were there when you bought it, wouldn't you return it? Don't try to tell me this game has no flaws...I could easily talk about all the problems with skill point bugs, world completion bugs, story line bugs, sound bugs when in a heavily populated area...shall I go on?

This is so wrong. You played the game for free, same as stealing.
    Even if you didn't liked it, it was only one payment, and you use it, I feel ashamed for you, and for the game industy.

So, so wrong. Incredible wrong.
    OBEY THE PUG!

With all the hype for this "mmo" how could any purchase be a blind one? everyone said it was going to be the next best mmo. Don't be stupid now, come on.
    Umm, we have known there wouldn't be raiding in the game for over 2 years. They have said many times. So if you rush to level 80 with the expectation of raiding, then yeah you are stupid for not knowing about it.

Saying someone is stupid for not knowing is stupid .Those who didn't know just aren't religiously reading and devouring every single bit of news there is about the game. I for one like to be surprised and read a bit about what people think and don't spoil the game like most people seems to do. I knew there wasn't any raiding, but i don't expect everyone to do so. This might not be the OP's complaint, so there really is no purpose in going any further in this discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I played Aion as well as GW2...Aion at launch and Aion a few months before it went F2P and after were so different. I might have had complaints with NCSoft when that game launched but when they got their North American division well set up everything changed. Their customer service became much faster and from my past experience I can say they will give you pretty much anything you ask them for.

I never went so far as asking for game refunds or anything like that but moving things between characters, restoring items, even giving me a second character customization ticket after I made mistakes on the first one I bought...they were more than happy to do. They're losing out on money but they seem to be more concerned with keeping their customers happy. This seems to fall into that situation. Even if they are losing a customer from GW2 they still want him to be willing to invest in their future games or pass along a good word to other people about their customer service.

You guys are being pretty harsh to the OP, imo. If you bought and wore a shirt and then realized it had several manufacturer flaws and wanted your money back because it had flaws you didn't realize were there when you bought it, wouldn't you return it? Don't try to tell me this game has no flaws...I could easily talk about all the problems with skill point bugs, world completion bugs, story line bugs, sound bugs when in a heavily populated area...shall I go on?
    100% spot on, mate.

Heck, I bought a friggin' Range Rover once and it had a bunch of niggly little things that they couldn't seem to fix and then they told me after two weeks when I had sat with it that they needed it for 2 weeks to fix it. I demanded my money back. These things should have been fixed/checked before delivery. If something does not give you the experience/product you pay for, you demand your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    It takes 80+ hours to realize this? This is not the same as buying a shirt, getting home and finding it doesn't fit, it's more like wearing the shirt for a month and then taking it back because you don't like the color.