10+ Year Old Account

SSD Is Primary Disk "C:\" How To Change?

So after fixing all of my motherboard and cable issues I install Windows on my SSD without any problems at all. As soon as I log in to Windows 7, I went to the start menu and went to the "Computer" menu.

It shows that the SSD is the primary drive "C" and my 1TB hard drive as the secondary drive "D". I need to get my 1TB hard drive to be the primary one.

I went to try to change the paths in the Disk Management section, but it won't let me. Help??!

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 05:36 PM ----------

Oh, and just to add...

The reason I want to do this is because when I download and install a program, I don't want it to install to my SSD, but instead to my 1TB HDD.

10+ Year Old Account
    SSD should be your primary. When you install programs just chose D instead of C...
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    SSD should be your primary. When you install programs just chose D instead of C...
    Ah..! I was just concerned because some programs don't give you the option to choose what drive you want to install to.

Why would you not want to install it to the SSD anyways? That's kinda the whole point! OS/apps on SSD, data on magnetics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well depending on how big of a SSD you got, I would just install your most used programs/games on there and the rest on the D drive. Most programs should give you an option.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    Why would you not want to install it to the SSD anyways? That's kinda the whole point! OS/apps on SSD, data on magnetics.
    most don't have 1tb ssd's?

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    a 256GB is more than sufficient to install your 2-3 main games and all programs onto. Movies, photos and music goes to the magnetic disks....

Quote Originally Posted by jonte912 View Post
    I have a 128gb SSD with Windows 7, wow (34gb alone...) and every application I ever need for private use and work (including the monster Adobe Creative Suite) with 22gb to spare. I don't really see how it ever could be a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    I have a 128gb SSD with Windows 7, wow (34gb alone...) and every application I ever need for private use and work (including the monster Adobe Creative Suite) with 22gb to spare. I don't really see how it ever could be a problem.
    your WoW installation is 34 GB? woah! mine is less than 20. do you really have 14 GB of screenshots? you know you can move that folder to your HDD, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    your WoW installation is 34 GB? woah! mine is less than 20. do you really have 14 GB of screenshots? you know you can move that folder to your HDD, right?
    It could be logs, addons, cache and so forth.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

If you feel comfortable messing with the windows registry you can try this.. link

Keep in mind some installers default to the C: drive no matter what in those cases you will have to do a custom install and fix the install path to your liking ^^
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |