Deleted

PvPing as Shadow?

hey guys

after playing as disc only for pvp i am now shadow.

I wanted to know what i should be doing / using as im 100% new to the spec.

Currently I do...

Vamp Touch - Shadow Word Pain - Mind Blast - Dev Plague after 3 SO's - Mind Spike on Procs - Mind flay when nothing else to do

Then SW: Death on sub 20%.

Is this all i should be doing? Im a little confused on other utility stuff as well. I have Spectral guise, dispersion, psych scream and void tendrils bound but i dont fully get when to be using them yet.

I dont have anything else in my action bars so anything else would be helpful!

Thanks guys!

Deleted
    I could never get a priest past level 40. So.ookin.boring!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    I could never get a priest past level 40. So.ookin.boring!
    thanks for that....

Your rotation seemed about right, also keep as much multidot as you can to get more proc's from FDCL and DI.
    As for your utility, spectral guise is really hard to use since it breaks from dots now too. But its very good to get an opener in an arena match. Dispersion use it w/e you taking a massive burst i.e. hunter beastial wrath and pops stampede same time. Psy scream, w/e you need a breatherr. I generally pref psy fiend over void tendrils since chain fear is awsome and you don't have to walk up to people to fear them, It can also be a area denial tool for your opponents too if you place it correctly.

Getting owned hard as spriest 90, damage output seems miserable, nukes seems to not dent melee at all ...

You'll want to focus on staying alive and doing alot of crowd control.

Spectral guise is kinda bad, u use it to fool people at the start of a game without dots on u. Any bleed or debuff on u will break it, so u can use it during a fight. Might be better in arena but its kinda meh.. When u see people coming at u, u pop it before they attack u, then u have 6 second to move somewhere else while they nuke your dummy. Thats all u can use it for, u can use it as a castbreaker, if someone is casting then it will break there cast.

You'l want to use fade to avoid ranged hitting u for 3 seconds if u take phantasm talent, which u should. Also remove slows.
    U want silence on your bars, good interupt...
    U want voidshift on your bar, u can change health with another player or your pet. Use when u gonna die or someone else gonna die and one of u has alot of hp. If both of u have low hp not gonna do much. Since it doesnt heal.
    U want the disarm thingie on your bar, 1-2 sec fear+ weapon drop,once every 45 sec

Melee seem to rape us fast, basicly u gonna not be able to cast much, so u want to use all your tools to control the fight so your friends can kill stuff, in bg's at least. You'll want to practice cc chains, we have alot of cc, so u wanne kill a dude thats low before he can uses his cd's. Either having a hard time killing stuff, damage seems low still not got uber gear tho, so will see..

15+ Year Old Account
    You know, I was originally a pretty big advocate of spectral guise - but I have to say - I've been using desperate prayer lately and, it's hard to go back - even with all the clever uses of Guise, it's just not really comparable to Desperate Prayer / Angelic Bulwark unless they make it not drop target / stand still like an obvious appariation / break instantly / redirect damage to me even though I thought the whole point was that it didn't do this - it doesn't need all those changes, but it definitely needs some.

I very much like it conceptually, and I'd be happy with a 45 or 60 second cooldown if it was a better ability.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

My spriest is doing so well right now it's great fun. I found it really difficult in the beginning, however when I got decent gear and learned how to uitilize my instants things got so much better!

Shadow priests are, and have historically, been fodder for melee classes without peels. Makes friends with a frost mage, if you can survive the initial melee burst, you'll be in a good spot to heal back up and quickly turn the fight around.

Deleted
    Dunno 'bout 90, but I'm kicking ass in the 85-89 bracket as 85 SP.

Deleted
    Use offensive dispels alot to get them annoying shields, hots etcetc off!

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Dunno 'bout 90, but I'm kicking ass in the 85-89 bracket as 85 SP.
    I got a major slap in the face once I hit 90. :-p

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 02:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AvaEve View Post
    Shadow priests are, and have historically, been fodder for melee classes without peels. Makes friends with a frost mage, if you can survive the initial melee burst, you'll be in a good spot to heal back up and quickly turn the fight around.
    This right here is just spot on.

Deleted
    How is dueling as a lvl 90 shadow priest? I am leveling mine and I am very curious.

When you say historically, how far back are you going, because in Vanilla melee was not exactly thrilled to deal with a Shadow priest.

I recall in 3.3 to the end of Wrath, it was quite a viable strategy to get up DoTs on a melee, and just tank them with Dispersion until they were so weak that instant damage DP spam could kill them.

shadow is good but you will get owned by BM hunters and Good warriors but i can faceroll every other class. BM damage is so broken and op their pets can sol you in 5 seconds and Warriors have so many interrupts and stuns they can keep you locked down to your dead plus their burst is op and i fully expect both classes to get the nerf bat soon

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjosel View Post
    When you say historically, how far back are you going, because in Vanilla melee was not exactly thrilled to deal with a Shadow priest.

I recall in 3.3 to the end of Wrath, it was quite a viable strategy to get up DoTs on a melee, and just tank them with Dispersion until they were so weak that instant damage DP spam could kill them.
    I was referring to when arenas were implemented. Duels against melee have been decent, but there is very little a shadowpriest can do against meleecleaves without the proper peels.

Deleted
    I was referring to when arenas were implemented. Duels against melee have been decent, but there is very little a shadowpriest can do against meleecleaves without the proper peels.
    I played a shadowpriest to gladiator in season 1 and while good rogues were tough opponents i clearly remember still being ahead.
    Until people got hearts of shadow to build shadowresi gear at least ^^

In Vanilla Shadowpriests in PvE Gear were unbeatable. Ok thats not true there was one warlock that beat me all day

Deleted
    How much hit is enough? Are some races still having a chance to resist/avoid certain spell schools, and how does this affect us?

Deleted
    1 thing I hate about shadow is FDCL the spec feels boring with out it. but mindbander with trink and 3orbs is deadly.
    also trying to gain orbs with a warrior on you
    been messing about with divine star with mindbender soo I got things to press. like it alot but divine star hits like a wet salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    shadow is good but you will get owned by BM hunters and Good warriors but i can faceroll every other class. BM damage is so broken and op their pets can sol you in 5 seconds and Warriors have so many interrupts and stuns they can keep you locked down to your dead plus their burst is op and i fully expect both classes to get the nerf bat soon
    depends, I was taking on a bm hunters yesterday in twin peaks and they cant ever seem to kill me. In fact I cant die unless I am focused hard with participants. I always kill the hunter's pet, its real easy and I can keep the hunter horrored and feared. Second wind kills the title of 'good' for any warrior unfortunately, and they are the hardest to burn. When fighting them I always keep all 3 orbs for last and hopefully 1 or 2 MS instants followed by an instant MB. Many of a time I can knock his ass from 35% to dead before the regen is a problem. It's all about proc management and orb utilization.

I see so many complaining about shadow priest pvp now a days and I don't get why. I re rolled priest in MOP and so far I'm loving it a lot in pve, but also pvp. This is from a battleground perspective(haven't done any arena except for with randoms for points) but I seem to be wrecking alliance everywhere I go. Yes our dots don't do that much damage atm, but our burst is great and stuff just melts. And with the pvp 2set + body and soul I seem to be able to survive like crazy too. I'm having fun atleast!