Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    Actually, I do play a priest. Did Tier 11 content with it, back in the beginning of Cata when it was "fucking awful" and still did good. My raid group needed a Battle Rez when our resto druid at the time quit. I PVP with Disc now mostly. My Resto druid is actually doing quite well, believe it or not. So is our Disc Priest. I won't supply a parse until you do so. I'm not trolling, I'm trying to be helpful. Priests are competitive. I want to see gear, or a parse before I believe they're complete shit. Yes, she had problems in heroics when she was in quest greens. She had to stop and drink every other fight, much like every other healer who wasn't geared. Now she can go through an entire heroic without drinking. Much like my resto druid.

If you're having problems, most likely not being able to use a bubble without popping a trinket or getting a proc, then you're either not geared, gemmed, or reforged correctly. Spirit is king for right now. We're nowhere near the "cap" for spirit at this point. Try adjusting your gear and playstyle a little bit before you start going on forums complaining. You're making it sound like priest is completely unplayable. Talking about other Resto classes as "decent" compared to your Priest. I don't see that as the case.
    Tier 11 was 'f..ing awful' for disc? talk about being lame at playing a class eh...

in cata disc priests had problems during first weeks in 85 5man hcs and beginning of normal raids, but once the changes to pw:s and poh were applied everything went fine.
    what was his name, tiduz? priest who was topping any other healing class on his priest, playing disc (the one who topped everything on holy spamming shields when blizz went silly with fixes one time)

disc priest topping wol chart, above any other healing class - yes sir, tell us more about how 'f..ing awful' playing a disc priest was back then!

spare some time to check current wol before telling ppl that they suck cause simply they are 'not geared, gemmed or reforged correctly'
    explain us how ppl playing any other class managed to sort their characters while hundreds of people playing disc priests, some being one of the best players in the world, after numbers of beta tests, all together suddenly failed at it?

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Disc sucks, holy is awesome.
    Go holy.
    Our holy was sporting ~40k HPS on our best Elegon attempt (9 minutes) the other day in 455 ilvl gear, when we were using 3 healers (switched to 2 now).
    hrm, why does going monk and pushing 80k hps instead of 40k hps sounds more tempting...

Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    Tier 11 was 'f..ing awful' for disc? talk about being lame at playing a class eh...

in cata disc priests had problems during first weeks in 85 5man hcs and beginning of normal raids, but once the changes to pw:s and poh were applied everything went fine.
    what was his name, tiduz? priest who was topping any other healing class on his priest, playing disc (the one who topped everything on holy spamming shields when blizz went silly with fixes one time)

disc priest topping wol chart, above any other healing class - yes sir, tell us more about how 'f..ing awful' playing a disc priest was back then!

spare some time to check current wol before telling ppl that they suck cause simply they are 'not geared, gemmed or reforged correctly'
    explain us how ppl playing any other class managed to sort their characters while hundreds of people playing disc priests, some being one of the best players in the world, after numbers of beta tests, all together suddenly failed at it?

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 02:53 PM ----------

hrm, why does going monk and pushing 80k hps instead of 40k hps sounds more tempting...
    I am a Cata Baby, hitting 85 a month after Cata was out. I did not play Disc until maybe two months after release, so I'm unsure if there were changes to boost Disc at the time. I started my first heroic raid in May 2011 in 358 equipped gear, going from 12/12 to 8/13HM (10man) in one night with a Hpally and Rsham as healing partners. My healing wasn't significantly behind (compared to the way things are now), and I was pretty new to healing and raiding at the time. I always thought Disc was in a decent to good place and was always a strong advocate for the spec. It's very difficult to defend the spec now, considering I feel utterly useless when I'm OOM (which is, to be honest, most of the time).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirse View Post
    I don't want to be a tank healer, I want to be a raid healer like I was in cata
    Maybe Blizzard doesn't want you to be. That's all I can conclude from this thread. Maybe Blizzard wants you to be a tank healer with raid utility instead of a raid healer with tank utility.

Deleted
    Will of the emperor is problematic for disc, because a lot of ppl taken big single target its and you are forced to single gealing without grace. Otherwise mana is not a problem at 13k spirit+inner will.

HPS is the main problem.

Deleted
    I know nothing about maths and theorycrafting, I just know what I see. I've always been a Disc/Holy priest during Cata, keeping the second spec more for affection than real need: Disc was amazing, with insane mana regen you could spam almost everything topping healing meters and save a raid. A bit brainlessly, I have to admit.

With MoP coming I thought (in vain, since I did not even played the beta) that Holy was finally becoming a nice spec to play, with a great potential to be better than Disc at least once. And that was what happened... But, wait, priests are now really sucking compared to other healers. Maybe I am not a great player, but I always thought I was performing quite well. And now what? Regen is crap, output the same; I feel like I'm a failure when raiding with my guild. Well done Blizzard.

i wish they got rid of grace and buffed disc healing by 10% ish, seriously grace mechanic is just outdated >_>

oh and maybe tweak mana cost of PW:S that thing costs too much mana for its return by rapture (or buff rapture at least)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be a 20% nerf to tank healing, unless they tied it to something else.