Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've been trying to Solo Sarth (10 w/3 Drakes) and I just can't for the life of me seem to beat him. Now mind you I've been attempting this as WW in 475ilvl gear (give or take a few), but I would think my dps would be high enough to beat him.

Any tips on how to do this? Always get him to about 25%-35% hp and die because that stacking debuff that reduces hp just takes my health down so low he one shots me! :[

Any tips on how to do this? Should I be going Brew master for Sarth?

Quote Originally Posted by Notamonk View Post
    I've been trying to Solo Sarth (10 w/3 Drakes) and I just can't for the life of me seem to beat him. Now mind you I've been attempting this as WW in 475ilvl gear (give or take a few), but I would think my dps would be high enough to beat him.

Any tips on how to do this? Always get him to about 25%-35% hp and die because that stacking debuff that reduces hp just takes my health down so low he one shots me! :[

I don't recall any stacking debuff on Sarth 3D. However, when Tenebron lands, and Sarth gets low on HP (around 20-30% I don't know the exact value) Tenebron will enrage and hit for like 50k+ which will kill you quick if you don't have any CDs to pop. It would probably be faceroll as Brewmaster, but for WW just save your defensive CD's for the last 20% or so.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My alt monk will probably never see a "real" raid, so LFR/valor/etc. gear is pretty much the best he can hope for. (My main is an 11/16 heroic 'lock; I just don't have time to dedicate to my alts, unfortunately. That whole real-life time-sink thing.)

When any of y'all are soloing this old-world content, do you feel you need "real" gear? Or would full LFR gear suffice for most of it? (I've got most all the achieves already from raiding back through it when it was progression, but I'd love an Ashes mount and a few other "neat" things. Figure it'd be easier on a brewmaster monk than a 'lock.)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaloo View Post
    How do i solo last boss in ssc? I just get chainfeared to death everytime.
    Hm. I never had this issue, admittedly. Could try doing as much damage as possible from range with CJL? Slow it with Dizzying Haze too, might work. As in, the strider that fears I mean.

Also don't bother killing the regular elementals. Let her get to 99 stacks and just tank the damage in P3. It's doable, did it myself. Was BrM spec.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum View Post
    My alt monk will probably never see a "real" raid, so LFR/valor/etc. gear is pretty much the best he can hope for. (My main is an 11/16 heroic 'lock; I just don't have time to dedicate to my alts, unfortunately. That whole real-life time-sink thing.)

When any of y'all are soloing this old-world content, do you feel you need "real" gear? Or would full LFR gear suffice for most of it? (I've got most all the achieves already from raiding back through it when it was progression, but I'd love an Ashes mount and a few other "neat" things. Figure it'd be easier on a brewmaster monk than a 'lock.)
    Any time I've hit a wall, it's because of mechanics, not gear. I mean, I have pretty good gear admittedly, but I don't ever really feel like anything is a pure numbers check. Well, except Cataclysm enrage timers I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum View Post

I'm rocking all LFR / valor / crafted gear, no normal / heroic raid gear and I have solo'ed most of the stuff listed in this thread. Of the stuff I haven't soloed, it is mostly stuff I haven't even tried yet. But KT is pretty easy for the Ashes mount, BT is pretty easy for warglaives, ZG is pretty easy for panther and raptor mounts, malygos 10 man is pretty easy for both mounts there. Naxx, MC, and AQ40 are all easy mode for the new 5.1 battle pets. Ony 10 and OS3D10 are both easy solos for mounts.

Long story short, you can do a lot with a valor / LFR geared monk, we are pretty OP when it comes to soloing old content which I find extremely enjoyable.

Keep doing it as Windwalker. You need to kill it before any drakes land. As soon as a drake lands, you will die moments later. You might be able to survive a few more seconds if you save Touch of Karma for this.

Glyph Touch of Death and use it as soon as it lights up, you can also pop Fort Brew when you're getting close to ToD range (under 1mil) to get more max HP to get ToD to light up quicker. Basically if the drake lands and it's not already done or very very close to it, you're not doing enough dps.

When I was first attempting this it took me a few attempts because i kept forgetting about defensive cd's, I did it with 460 gear pulling around 65k dps. I also managed to kill it when DH wasn't 20% of your health so I would pop that and when that ended I would pop ToK and then last I would use FB. I ended the fight sub 20% hp remaining so it's close in the end but worth it.

Deleted
    been watching a stream of a hunter trying to solo Lich king 25 hc, think we monks could do this or is it futile?

Deleted
    If a death knight can't we sure as hell don't have a chance.

Been soloing Omnitron Defense System for the druid and rogue t11 shoulder look alikes. Finally got the druid ones still farming the rogue one. I've been going as BrM in WW gear. Desperate measures is a very strong solo ability use is well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    It's a shame that the first tier of Cataclysm raids seem to have a lot of 'un-soloable' mechanics, such as Magmaw's mangle
    Nah, Magmaw's doable. Just have to pool Guard and everything else you can for self-healing before mangle starts hitting. It's rough, but possible to live through.

Deleted
    FYI, I did omnitron defense system 25 this week and had no problems. I did have a DPS with me however it was a hunter so no strong off healing at all, there is no enrage on the encounter so if you're farming it for loot it's probably a wise idea.

The only downside being it will take you a decent 20 minutes.
    Last edited by mmocf10b8a8948; 2012-12-20 at 04:38 PM.

I did Malygos 10 man solo this week as Windwalker spec. I was quite worried about hitting the enrage due to taking too long on the drake phase, but it worked out fine. My recommendation for the air phase is to use 5 combo point burn attacks, and otherwise just keep the heal at 5 stacks on yourself.

Thinking about trying Alysrazor solo. I can do it on my spriest without too much trouble, but that's with an avoiding birds strat and it requires me to spam flash heal during harsh winds to not die.

Would love to do Al'Akir as well, but Council wouldn't work, so perhaps 3 man that fight and perma-extend a 1/2 lockout on an alt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    I did Malygos 10 man solo this week as Windwalker spec. I was quite worried about hitting the enrage due to taking too long on the drake phase, but it worked out fine. My recommendation for the air phase is to use 5 combo point burn attacks, and otherwise just keep the heal at 5 stacks on yourself.

Thinking about trying Alysrazor solo. I can do it on my spriest without too much trouble, but that's with an avoiding birds strat and it requires me to spam flash heal during harsh winds to not die.

Would love to do Al'Akir as well, but Council wouldn't work, so perhaps 3 man that fight and perma-extend a 1/2 lockout on an alt.
    alysrazor is very simple. Replace flash heal with healing sphere and you are set.

Deleted
    Deathwhisper 25 man is very doable, Desperate Measures resets the cooldown despite curse of torpor - all you need to do is leave adds up during mana shield and use the 50k vengeance to nuke them without torpor on you in phase 2. Does anyone know if expel harm's nature damage ignores expertise or not, it would be great to get some more haste for it.

5% wipes
    Last edited by mmocf10b8a8948; 2012-12-21 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScizCT View Post
    Nah, Magmaw's doable. Just have to pool Guard and everything else you can for self-healing before mangle starts hitting. It's rough, but possible to live through.
    Oh, hm. Thought it was an instant kill at the end of it? If not then yeah, totally doable. May give that a go this weekend. Thanks!

Deleted
    She's dead, I had to keep adds alive all throughout phase 2 - make sure she's the only one within range for expel harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    alysrazor is very simple. Replace flash heal with healing sphere and you are set.
    Tried her yesterday. Well, no I didn't. I tried reaching her but I learned the hard way there's no avoiding/soloing her manditory pre-apperance adds. At least as Windwalker.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    youtube.com/user/Monkosolo

A friend link me this channel

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Tried her yesterday. Well, no I didn't. I tried reaching her but I learned the hard way there's no avoiding/soloing her manditory pre-apperance adds. At least as Windwalker.
    You mean the adds in her zone ? they are soloable, and so is she. Done it for 5 weeks now, going from 485 to 500 ilvl and all possible