Page 82 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All you can do is give it a shot really, not very hard to get into a solo LFR queue.

Just have a brewmaster offspec ready to go and learn, its fairly simple and will make it a lot easier.

Remember you get the stacking buff for each wipe as well (I believe this was in TOT LFR?) so if you wipe on purpose to get stacks it will become a lot easier.

Deleted
    It shouldn't be that hard as a WW Monk. Just have your Xuen and break down the boss before the second Throw. Considering the Area increases your damages by 40%, and the fact you got 1m30 to nuke 4M HPs, the DPS required should be around 40k, which is clearly very easily reachable.

The BrM spec, that being said, still works, even with a WW gear (it's not as good as BA, but still...). Just put down the Statue before each Throw abilities to prevent the reset. 25M Jin'rokh should be easily doable, making you getting more loots (and increasing the odds to obtain the swords, that way).

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    All you can do is give it a shot really, not very hard to get into a solo LFR queue.

Just have a brewmaster offspec ready to go and learn, its fairly simple and will make it a lot easier.

Remember you get the stacking buff for each wipe as well (I believe this was in TOT LFR?) so if you wipe on purpose to get stacks it will become a lot easier.
    How do you queue for LFR in old content like Cata or MoP? I'm wanting to knock it all out at least once.

I believe its all done at the seat of knowledge in vale of eternal blossoms for MOP stuff, near lorewalker cho. Just click the LFR you wanna queue for and bam.

For cata stuff its just dragon soul that had an LFR mode, to queue for that you need to talk to the npc right outside of the entrance portal.

Looking at Legion, do you think brewmaster will become much weaker at soloing group content?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mindw0rk View Post
    Looking at Legion, do you think brewmaster will become much weaker at soloing group content?
    We're still waiting for datas as the spec is not available on Alpha yet.

From early thoughts, it's very likely to become weaker, but there might also be a greater gap on gameplay, particularly through Soloing.
    If the Healing Spheres are spawning more frequently on low % HPs, it will require to drop willingly your HPs and use some strong CDs the lower you get, in order to increase the proc of HS, and thus your survival (In Legion, Healing Sphere heals yourself for 25% of your total HPs).
    That aside, you can easily add some kiting mechanics to squeeze time here or here, the use of Healing Elixirs and Zen Sphere as temporization Healing Talents, the tracking of the number of Healing Spheres in order to prevent them from vanishing after 30secs, a stronger impact of the Stagger, and so on...

We don't know yet if the BrM will be weak or strong. But weaker or not, it may get funnier in a variety of ways.
    And there won't be any pernicious mechanic such as Vengeance or Resolve, making our gameplay coming back to something close from Cataclysm (which was the best period of Soloing, from my PoV).

Quote Originally Posted by mindw0rk View Post
    Healing-wise, nobody knows, but damage-wise, it looks like we're going up in burst. Way up.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Healing-wise, nobody knows, but damage-wise, it looks like we're going up in burst. Way up.
    How so? I didnt notice many abilities that increase BM's burst. Only random proc talents like Special Delivery and Secret Ingredients

Two questions:

Is there a convenient spreadsheet of Monk solo kills as there are with some other classes? And for soloing trivial content (ie. Cata or older), is it more efficient to be WW or BRM?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Up to cataclysm, everything is kinda trivial for both specs anyways. MoP content is where difficulty tends to pick up, specially when you're going for larger/harder modes.

Up to cataclysm you can solo as either BrM or WW. WW will make zerging bosses a bit shorter, whereas brewmaster gives the extra benefit of Dave aggroing trashes in a more convenient way and never having health issues. Overall a matter of personal preferences, I do them as WW.

As for monk solo kills, you'd have to ask wannoob as I guess he's the one who's done the most solo kills, so his youtube channel will give you a decent idea of what's feasible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Two questions:

Is there a convenient spreadsheet of Monk solo kills as there are with some other classes? And for soloing trivial content (ie. Cata or older), is it more efficient to be WW or BRM?
    Until Cataclysm, everything is doable, on every mode of difficulty.
    On MoP, only gathering 10N and 10Heroic, everything is doable except Galakras.
    On WoD, 5/7 bosses on Highmaul and 1/10 on BRF have been killed, currently.

I'm only mentioning the BrM spec.

For Cata and older, it doesn't matter if you play BrM, WW or MW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't spoils kill you instantly for not having people on the other side?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    I believe that it has been fixed so it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    I don't think it's ever done this.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least I remember a mechanic that if other side died, the "boss" would zap the other side to death in one shot.

Maybe it doesn't do that if there were no one there to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Deleted
    No, there's absolutely no problem with swapping sides on Spoils.

I'm guessing you simply meant it was done on 10 normal
    but you can't do Sha (siege) or Amber shaper on 10 heroic right?

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Two questions:

Is there a convenient spreadsheet of Monk solo kills as there are with some other classes?
    I wasn't going to do it (so soon) since the list is basically Wannoob's Channel, but here you go, an (hopefully) complete extract of Wannoob's channel (and other people's kills):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...yfQFFc/pubhtml

Or look in my sig.

Also, holy god, did you actually solo all but 2 of MoP Challenge mode Wannoob?

EDIT:

1, sorry - all but ONE(!)(Infiltrator Kip'tilak)

2, RE:Amber-Shaper - will you try doing it on 25H? Some Feral Druid did it with the same strat, so I imagine Monks can too.

3, RE:Sha of Pride - will this strat be usable to do Mythic Sha, you think?

4, RE:Sha of Pride - See? I told you this strat will totally work enak101!

5, Do you think you'll ever bother to clear the rest of 25H MoP?
    Also, you did not show us you doing the complete 25H MSV - can I assume you killed the other bosses on 25H as well?

Eagerly awaits your Highmaul kills!
    Last edited by isaac2314; 2016-02-09 at 02:23 AM.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Probably still not enough mobs able to be gathered to meet the mythic dps requirement, unless i'm missing something of how much trash he had.
    Amber shaper is easy enough definitely with the soul kappa cheese.
    I'd like to see what you have in store for butcher haha. 7/7 highmaul hype.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by isaac2314 View Post
    I wasn't going to do it (so soon) since the list is basically Wannoob's Channel, but here you go, an (hopefully) complete extract of Wannoob's channel (and other people's kills):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...yfQFFc/pubhtml

Or look in my sig.

Also, holy god, did you actually solo all but 2 of MoP Challenge mode Wannoob?

EDIT:

1, sorry - all but ONE(!)(Infiltrator Kip'tilak)

2, RE:Amber-Shaper - will you try doing it on 25H? Some Feral Druid did it with the same strat, so I imagine Monks can too.

3, RE:Sha of Pride - will this strat be usable to do Mythic Sha, you think?

4, RE:Sha of Pride - See? I told you this strat will totally work enak101!

5, Do you think you'll ever bother to clear the rest of 25H MoP?
    Also, you did not show us you doing the complete 25H MSV - can I assume you killed the other bosses on 25H as well?

Eagerly awaits your Highmaul kills!
    Imperator Mar'gok went VERY close yesturday. Hoping for a kill today.

Well, some points aren't really accurate

1, I did ALL the CM bosses during MoP. Infiltrator Kip'tilak was done the 14/07/13, and it wasn't a difficult boss:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8N_qvqPafc
    I also did Scholomance full run on Bronze timer.

2, The fact is, our Soul Cap is a lot more weaker than the druids one. We don't do as much AoE damages, so I don't think that 25H is doable, for Amber-Shaper.
    I'm 100% sure that 10H and 25N are doable, though.

3, Same as Amber-Shaper because of the limit of Soul Cap, I don't think there's a way to put enough damages into the trinket.
    I'm 100% sure that 10H is doable, though.

4, Yay, I'm just lazy

5, Hum, I did clear MSV 25H entirely. The reason why I didn't upload all the bosses, is because some of them were simply feeling like trashes.
    On ToT 25H, I managed to clear the 6 first bosses, only uploaded the Council since it's an interesting one.
    And about Mythic SoO, I might give a shot soon enough. Only 3/14 atm (3 first), even if, I guess, a lot more is doable.