Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    as in the same bosses as last reset?

Deleted
    Yes, But again!

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    This is true, when you start picking up feathers get 2 initially and wait till she starts going up then pick the third one and follow her. every time she goes down for the cleave go down with her or she will despawn.

The only problem i have is the tornado phase atm, i can't seem to out heal the damage of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=100640. I was flying to Ryoliths ramp but i just can't out heal that, do i need to be closer to Aly or just try harder?
    It took me a while to get the hang of healing through this phase also. Like someone mentioned before, just spam the healing orb ability on top of yourself and expel harm/chi wave (or zen sphere if that's what you use) while the haste buff from the flying phase is still active. With that, you should have incredible energy regen to keep spamming the healing orbs.

When you find yourself getting to the point where you can't keep up with the damage, use Dampen Magic and when it ends, channel Zen Meditation and you should manage to survive until she crashes down. Afterwards you still have some time to heal yourself up before she regains enough energy to get up and chase after you.

I personally found that flying all the way up to Rhyo's ramp didn't work for me, she didn't seem to chase me up there. So what I have to do is while she's doing the tornado phase, I stay at the bottom until she becomes active and starts coming after me. Which is then when I move up the ramp and use Touch of Karma to take no melee damage.

Deleted
    Guys we can do Lich King 25 HC ? cause i wanna farm INvincible i'll try this week.

Deleted
    Knock yourself out. Onyxia 25 hit me "quite" hard as WW so i can only imagine how hard Good ol'Arthas will hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by armag3d0n2oo5 View Post
    Guys we can do Lich King 25 HC ? cause i wanna farm INvincible i'll try this week.
    Keep in mind that you will need to kill Putricide, Blood Queen and Sindragosa on heroic in that reset, otherwise LK will only be available on normal mode. (and its impossible to solo gunship)

Quote Originally Posted by snifs View Post
    Having difficulties with the Essence of Desire in Black Temple. Using the stated strat in this thread, the best I've done is about 25%. At some point during every attempt he ends up casting so fast that he kills my statue before the cooldown is back up for statue. How are you guys managing this with the shield blocking 80% of the interrupts. Is this fight more about luck? Or are people consistently 1 shotting him now with this strat?

Also, I started doing much better on my attempts when i stopped wasting time trying to taunt the statue as i summoned it. Never casted a taunt the whole fight and it still works fine.
    Came back this week with much better gear. ilvl 464 compared to last week at about 451. One shot it with ease.

Honestly brewmaster does feel a little gimped compared to other tanks, the only situation i feel we do better in is when theres an absolutely massive attack and we are able to stagger and purifying brew 40% of it. Besides that there are other tanks that do more self healing (and without it costing uptime on survival abilities) and have better mitigation on damage. Prot paladins honestly do way too much self heals and take so little damage its completely discouraging to be brewmaster watching a half retarded prot be better than you. I imagine we have less damage reduction because of stagger and purifying brew but keeping shuffle up and using purifying brew often enough to equal the mitigation of other tanks takes every bit of our chi. The class is new so ik theres gonna be problems so maybe they will make some changes (but probably not for an entire expac yay). Also misteaver being completely new style of healing where all the other healing classes are pretty cookie cutter fundamentaly has its issues.
    Windwalker feels great but the damage scales HORRIBLE. I was doing 50k dps at 88, in raids you do about the same at 470ilvl.

I've seen vids of warriors, paladins and druids soloing Razorgore by keeping a HoT up to draw aggro while controlling the orbs. Would the Onyxia health regen trinkets work for this as well, or do we take too much damage compared to those classes to make this work?

How rough was Kel'thuzad 25? I want Calamity's grasp lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Keep in mind that you will need to kill Putricide, Blood Queen and Sindragosa on heroic in that reset, otherwise LK will only be available on normal mode. (and its impossible to solo gunship)
    I'm not sure that's still in effect. Could be just 25? I did 10 man normal last reset then did LK on heroic without problems.

I'd be surprised if you could solo 25 though just because he has way too much hp for you to do as brewmaster, and i don't think you'd survive it as a windwalker.

You cant solo BQ 25 either, you'll get mc'd before it dies.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 09:29 AM ----------

Windwalker feels great but the damage scales HORRIBLE. I was doing 50k dps at 88, in raids you do about the same at 470ilvl.
    I'm afraid to say you're playing the spec totally wrong. Check out Mihir's guide.
    Honestly brewmaster does feel a little gimped compared to other tanks, the only situation i feel we do better in is when theres an absolutely massive attack and we are able to stagger and purifying brew 40% of it. Besides that there are other tanks that do more self healing (and without it costing uptime on survival abilities) and have better mitigation on damage.
    We're stupidly good on every fight where the boss does mostly melee damage. We're so good in fact that on Will of the Emperor last week i managed to take 20% of our warrior tank's damage, and only 3% more than 2 of the dps. The only scary thing for that fight is if you don't dodge/parry 2 attacks in a row, you're likely to die, but that's basically static for all tanks, our warrior even goes splat on that fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleamar View Post
    I've seen vids of warriors, paladins and druids soloing Razorgore by keeping a HoT up to draw aggro while controlling the orbs. Would the Onyxia health regen trinkets work for this as well, or do we take too much damage compared to those classes to make this work?
    What I've been doing - and is working good - is use Zen Sphere. This gives you that HoT that draws aggro from the adds to you and you can keep MC'ing Razorgore without them killing him.

Since the HoT portion only stays for 16 secs, you might need to cancel the MC and reapply it incase you start to lose control of the adds. Keg Smash > Zen Sphere does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    What I've been doing - and is working good - is use Zen Sphere. This gives you that HoT that draws aggro from the adds to you and you can keep MC'ing Razorgore without them killing him.

Since the HoT portion only stays for 16 secs, you might need to cancel the MC and reapply it incase you start to lose control of the adds. Keg Smash > Zen Sphere does the trick.
    Ugh, of course! Been thinking so long on spells to use to draw aggro, checked all general and class-specific spells, but forgot our talents... Definately gonna try that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post

I wonder with ox statue and since zen sphere also does damage...do you cast guard on razor while controling him?
    I know you can heal him.
    Need to test it later

Deleted
    started soloing old content on my monk and BM is just awesome
    soloed today:
    Naxx 10
    ony 25
    Kael
    and now im going to BT, and after that i will try some harder and going for ulduar / toc / icc maby some cata content if i can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Corzaftw View Post
    Very easy.

Deleted
    I wonder with ox statue and since zen sphere also does damage...do you cast guard on razor while controling him?
    I know you can heal him.
    I'd be surprised if it worked as it only fires guards onto party members. You'd also need to do a hell of a lot of damage with sphere and keg smash before the guard gets triggered too.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Corzaftw View Post
    Kel'Thuzad is a joke of a fight, got my fist last week

25 sapp and Kel'thuzad is pretty much tank and spank as BM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acww52 View Post
    25 sapp and Kel'thuzad is pretty much tank and spank as BM
    Id say its even easier as a Windwalker, not standing in bad stuff is the best advice for soloing old stuff imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any tips for Gurtogg? I tried him as windwalker and as brewmaster and he's killing me just faster than I can kill him.

nevermind, I just killed him, had to be better at brewmastering
    Last edited by vsb; 2012-10-26 at 04:47 AM.