Page 1 of 88
... LastLast
    Deleted

Post Monk Solo Thread.

Hello there my Dear Monk friends.
    I Recently started solo killing old raid and instance bosses on my Monk and with good progress.

Accomplishments:

Kel'thuzad 25. - http://i.imgur.com/OtYjC.jpg
    Saphiron 10 (forgot to set 25)
    Onyxia 10 (forgot to set 25) - http://i.imgur.com/vH4gc.jpg
    Zul'gurub Panther boss. - http://i.imgur.com/hSkgE.jpg
    Kael'thas, Tempest keep.
    Black temple up to Illidan.(RoS not solo. Akama never came to open doors )

Mostly all of the "usual" solo content.
    Im aware of that alot of this isnt "Impressive" as its such old Content.
    ive been overestimating everything but ZG which i underestimated, trash was the hardest part.

To do list:

Ulduar 25, will be trying to do heroic modes.
    ToGC 25.
    ICC 25man.

Any other monks that also like to solo Content that have accomplishments and Experience to share?

Most of these kills have been as Windwalker in "tank" gear. Gear shown in my Armory profile.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arion/advanced
    Last edited by mmoc1ff84cf90f; 2012-10-07 at 12:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did ulduar 10 all bosses except thorim / vezax / yogg

First 2 bosses in icc10 as well prolly could have done more but didn't have anyone that wanted to come do gunship.

All done as Brewmaster in WW gear.

How did you get past Reliquary of Souls in BT if I may ask?
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Yeah same question as above, also yeah I've been able to do all TBC content before Black Temple (SSC, TK, Gruul, Mag, Kara though chess event still sucks), all level 80 heroics, the first boss of ToC10m, gonna see how far I can get in Naxx25, I doubt I can get them but I would really love a sword off 4horseman.

Tried Sunwell but Brutallus' meteor strike still stacks too hard n high, Kalecgos is unkillable as it requires one person in the portal realm and one in the real realm. But yeah, ROS is hard to do even with two or three people because of the stupid fear spam. I assume you used Xuen somehow and maybe that weird Mogu relic trinket, but even still there's not enough interrupt going on.

3e that question. How do you beat RoS. i just get spammed by the disorient from the second phase.

Deleted
    save all your cds for p2, burst him down as hard as you can, interrupt the first cast and use Xuen. let the tiger do the rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Did ulduar 10 all bosses except thorim / vezax / yogg

First 2 bosses in icc10 as well prolly could have done more but didn't have anyone that wanted to come do gunship.

All done as Brewmaster in WW gear.

How did you get past Reliquary of Souls in BT if I may ask?
    Is there a diff between brewmaster and ww gear? :P

Both go exp/hit > haste/crit > mastery afaik.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post

That's exactly what I was wondering!

I'm curious what your guys technique for soloing this content is. What advice could you give on rotation/cd usage?

I would love to hear how you solo RoS also. Cant get past phase two.

Kael'Thas
    Black Temple - All (had someone step in for RoS) - (Mainly DPS, Council and Illidan I went tank).
    Malygos - 10 (DPS) -- I think he might have too much health to be able to take down in 25m, though might be possible in better gear / if i actually spent some attempts on it.
    Sarth 3D - 10 (DPS)
    ToC - Cleared up to and including Valkyrs - 10 (Tank)
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

does not work, the tiger gets disoriented and he will keep you both desorientated

Deleted
    Yes my bad, I failed to mention how RoS was the only fight i needed help, but from what i saw its not impossible.

I Used Xuen, Mogu archeaology trinket and that let me get quite far into phase 2 but if i failed to break the shield fast enough id die.
    Having 1 more pet/thing to soak the Disorient should be enough to give you time to get down shield and interuppt.
    As the mogu trinket has a 10min CD i only used 3 tries before having a friend step in, having that extra little dps and him to soak disorients helped alot which showed me with more soak it isnt impossible for me to do alone.

Items ive been considering to use on this next week are a few.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86594 - Ive had wikky die couple of times when i summon so im sure she can tank atleast 1 disorient and it doesnt share cd with Mogu trinket. - its just a very long cd.

Edit: she has 150k hp, i think she can tank a bit more afterall.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=60223 - for a free interuppt. if this works of course.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=69762 - instead of relic, thats if they share a cd. if they do* this one is superior.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=82467 - Im not sure if this would work as i havent tried if the ox "fights" or can be attacked.
    And im going to try if you can use the black ox statue as brew to soak, i doubt it but that would be Huge.

yet again, i apologize for failing to mention not getting ros.

Quote Originally Posted by Victoris View Post
    I'm curious what your guys technique for soloing this content is. What advice could you give on rotation/cd usage?
    I prio to keep cds on cd unless i know im going to need them for something special, i prio chi wave over blackout kick and expel harm over jab if im hurt. Mostly.
    Last edited by mmoc1ff84cf90f; 2012-10-07 at 10:33 AM.

Deleted
    to anyone wondering how you beat RoS solo, use xuen, interrupt the first and second, use touch of karma when you know you will reach the execute phase during it's duration and fire off. It is not possible to not kill yourself in p2 without proper usage of touch of karma.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naekiwi View Post
    Yeah same question as above, also yeah I've been able to do all TBC content before Black Temple (SSC, TK, Gruul, Mag, Kara though chess event still sucks), all level 80 heroics, the first boss of ToC10m, gonna see how far I can get in Naxx25, I doubt I can get them but I would really love a sword off 4horseman.

Tried Sunwell but Brutallus' meteor strike still stacks too hard n high, Kalecgos is unkillable as it requires one person in the portal realm and one in the real realm. But yeah, ROS is hard to do even with two or three people because of the stupid fear spam. I assume you used Xuen somehow and maybe that weird Mogu relic trinket, but even still there's not enough interrupt going on.
    Also brutallus is easy aslong as you swap to brewmaster for it and reset your stacks with xuen once they go too high.

Amusing how people say they "solo" BT when the first boss makes that quite impossible to do, as far as I am aware at least.

Deleted
    With the gear we can have, it's possible to burst the 1st boss before he can have his bubble I think.

how the balls Oo seriously? that is awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Amusing how people say they "solo" BT when the first boss makes that quite impossible to do, as far as I am aware at least.
    Not impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    With the gear we can have, it's possible to burst the 1st boss before he can have his bubble I think.
    Yes

I think that next week i will try to have fraps or something to show how i do and my progress on getting down RoS.

Did ICC10 up to Valithria as Windwalker. Obviously had a friend to pop up for lootship as it's impossible to solo. Too bad Val is impossible without Mistweaver offspec/gear as Windwalker Zen Sphere heals far too little.

Deleted
    Reliquim of Souls is quite hard but doable even without interrupting that much. Basically its like DKs did at 85. Take a ghoul, put him in somewhere in the room and you go upstairs yourself. I did the same as brewmaster with the ochse statue including the glyph and xuen. It might even work as Mistweaver need to try it. Illidan isnt that hard as well, pretty simple.

RoS is probably the hardest solo Boss to do, but will get quite easy in this xpac when we have access to a higher iLVL
    Last edited by mmocd946637753; 2012-10-07 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post

Ah I thought they would reforge different but I haven't really looked into it yet :> Also didn't bother with tank trinkets.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง