Page 7 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    My concern for soloing content is the utter lack of self healing we have. My Chi Waves healing me for around 8-10k per hit when my Pally's Eternal flames healing for 80K(though it does take time to build up Holy power). My Expel harm is more healing but again rather weak and Im trying to figure out how everyone keeps saying it heals for a lot when for me its healing for very little. 15kish at 87 in mainly 416-450 gear. Healing Elixirs healing for around 20k on a 15 sec CD soon to be 18. Not only that but I feel like we certainly take more dmg also with less healing. Pally survivability wise for soloing stuff is far better then ours is currently, at least thats how I personally feel. Hows everyone soloing stuff with such low healing that we have?
    Need to factor in Vengence as BrM, that buffs Expel Harm and Blackout Kick heals quite a lot, and don't forget Gift of the Ox spheres. Windwalkers don't have as much, but if you're soloing as WW it's because you want Burst over Healing.

Monks have a fair bit of self healing, it's just a lot harder to use. It's why I too, feel like I'm on a weaker version of my Pally as a Monk, but lets be honest, Pally self healing is pretty easy now with everything generating HP and WoG/EF having no CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Need to factor in Vengence as BrM, that buffs Expel Harm and Blackout Kick heals quite a lot, and don't forget Gift of the Ox spheres. Windwalkers don't have as much, but if you're soloing as WW it's because you want Burst over Healing.

Monks have a fair bit of self healing, it's just a lot harder to use. It's why I too, feel like I'm on a weaker version of my Pally as a Monk, but lets be honest, Pally self healing is pretty easy now with everything generating HP and WoG/EF having no CD.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the heal component on BoK not there for BrMs? (ie; we get shuffle, WW's get a heal)

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the heal component on BoK not there for BrMs? (ie; we get shuffle, WW's get a heal)
    You are correct, WW gets the heal from the front, DoT on the back.

Yea my bad. Spend more time as WW than BrM so forgot about that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulletor View Post
    I notice all of this is being done as BM or WW. Whats soloable as MW, obviously it will take alot longer, and cant include anything with an enrage
    Onyxia is fun as MW, with Rushing Jade Wind talented the whelps don't last long.

I'd never tried to solo Malygos until a few days ago, but I found that phase 1 and 2 might be faceroll but phase 3 is mind numbingly slow. Is there a way to speed this up, or is it just the nature of the beast?
    Just save your cd's until around 55% and stand inside the damage circle and nuke, got around 20-25% left when you start phase 3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    I think someone else in this thread has been trying on 0L but not done it, think they did it 1L?

Either way im going to try ulduar soon but we will see how soon.
    I tried Yogg +0 L but it didnt work because I failed abit, I did Yogg +1 with Freya active, so the Adds in P3 did not die and I got more vengeance.

If you want some tipps on Uldu 10 man look up my post in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    My concern for soloing content is the utter lack of self healing we have. My Chi Waves healing me for around 8-10k per hit when my Pally's Eternal flames healing for 80K(though it does take time to build up Holy power). My Expel harm is more healing but again rather weak and Im trying to figure out how everyone keeps saying it heals for a lot when for me its healing for very little. 15kish at 87 in mainly 416-450 gear. Healing Elixirs healing for around 20k on a 15 sec CD soon to be 18. Not only that but I feel like we certainly take more dmg also with less healing. Pally survivability wise for soloing stuff is far better then ours is currently, at least thats how I personally feel. Hows everyone soloing stuff with such low healing that we have?
    I found my healing quite strong actually. Chi Wave healing for around 20-25k per hit and that 4 times and Expel Harm and Healing Elixir heals you pretty strong aswell.
    Dont forget that you have guard which shields you for like 120k + and most bosses cant destroy your guard. Vengeance as mentioned before helps your heals and the healing spheres aswell. Make sure to pop Guard when you are at around 60% life and afterwards use every heal you have, because Guard increases the healing you get
    And the healing of Windwalker is decent aswell
    Last edited by mmocd946637753; 2012-10-19 at 10:44 AM.

Would also like to see a video or some guide on Alyz.

Deleted
    I think that Expel harm and CHi wave is good enough self healing, but if you are really strugling maybe the Talent Healing Elixirs is worth considering?

Id like to wtb some Alysrazor guides aswell, havent gotten around to trying yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd never tried to solo Malygos until a few days ago, but I found that phase 1 and 2 might be faceroll but phase 3 is mind numbingly slow. Is there a way to speed this up, or is it just the nature of the beast?
    I do believe the drakes work like most raid vehicles, basically higher iLvl = stronger vehicle.

I cant upload a aly video but heres the general strategy.

Let the firebirds free cast there aoe on the trash since it kills them, Pop a cd when your on the egg stacks so that you can dps while the birds are killing them.
    On rhy trash go up the ramp and aggro the firemental as well as go die to rhyolith to set his trash back so you can use the ramp for the fight.

-p1: grab 3 feathers and dps her. She will go down and cleave in the middle two times. The third time she will go into tornado phase. By this time by grabbing rings you should have 25 stacks of haste / 100% crit. It is good to get the last 2 rings.

-p2; Tornado phase you simple fly to as close to the top of rhyloth's ramp and spam urself with expel harm / HEALING SPHERE!!!!! pop energizing brew if you want but with so much haste you can sit there and spam healing sphere. When you get low while spamming or your haste buff is about to go up pop Zen medation or the other 90% reduce magic dmg. note: if you have fixate on you from the 2 bird adds just fly up high before going to the ramp to remove the broken heart debuff.

-p3: Once aly reachs 50 energy she will come running at you. But since your on the ramp at rhyloth she will probably reach you at 96 energy. I just pop touch of karma on her to get more dmg and then she will fly up and drop fethers on her location. Just pick em up and redo phase 1.

I usally get her to 2m after the secound set of p2/p3 so i kill her during the third p1.

Deleted
    Thanx for writing it down - i'll try and perhaps find time to do this sometime tomorrow, possibly a video. Wouldnt mind farming Alysrazor for the mount once a week

10+ Year Old Account
    Today I went and soloed Kael'thas and all of BT but RoS (had a rogue friend help), then decided to give Alysrazor a try...or twelve. She keeps despawning on me as she goes down to do her ground cleave, I assume because I'm too far away or just slightly outside the room. Ugh, so frustrating!

On a positive note, Illidan dropped the offhand glaive.

(e) Took several tries, but I finally got Alys to not bug out. No mount, alas!
    Last edited by Nah; 2012-10-21 at 03:36 AM.

Deleted
    Could anyone tell me a recommended minimum ilvl for Alysrazor?
    Too lazy to level my DK and rather wanna try out some more stuff with the monk.

Currently sitting on ~466, made my first steps today.
    Kilnara, Maly, Onyxia, Kael. Unfortunately I've never been to Firelands,
    will gain first experiences and beatings now.
    Last edited by mmoc8df6c00dfd; 2012-10-21 at 02:13 PM.

I just got done going on a solo spree the last few days. I was able to solo EVERY boss in Black Temple (yes that includes RoS) also Onyxias lair, Keal'Thas, naxx 10 (did thaddius on 25 and its still pretty tense, 10 minutes of him being enraged = HEAL MORE HEAL MORE) Protip:

If you want to solo naxx for a specific achievement on 25 but youre getting cockblocked by gluth/patch just change it to 10 man and down them!

For reliquary of souls in black temple just go brewmaster and keep your black ox statue in melee range of the boss, it will share an aggro table and split the disorients (except it doesnt get disoriented so the boss will just spam at that if youre CCd, which gives you windows for interupts/damage/heals when you get out.) Illidan is of course a pushover for anyone who hasn done it.

For thaddius on 25man its pretty simple but still pretty hard, kill the first 2 adds at the same time to avoid them rezzing, you will have some medium dmg to heal through. For thaddius its easy until he enrages and you have 20 million more to go. Xuen on CD for dmg if you have it talented, self heal smartly(i.e self heal after using guard for the 30% boost) you will even be reliant upon your healing orbs that spawn to keep you up because it rly takes everything you have, one thing i was able to do was stack up a 2 minute shuffle buff before he enraged to make it a little easier for a while after the enrage until you get your healing down. And yea if you heal smart and have decent gear at 90 its doable as monk. (I did gluth and patch on 10m to get to him, just nuke them!) So for all you people stuck on the subtraction achievement for 25man glory of the raider good luck.

A lot of this stuff is easy once you learn what the bosses do (no dungeon journal info ftl) and there are guides all over the place.

OH yea and for thaddius spec healing elixirs none of the other two are gonna be as decent for it, wish id thought of that before (came below 100k on him once or twice o.o)

As far as I can see daakara is impossible to solo in ZA, when he goes bear form and applies the 500% dmg buff it simply cant be tanked, even if you could spam purifying brew, guard every 10 seconds, and do 100k dps. The dmg is just too tense your either spamming purifying brew to not stagger tick for 40k but still dying cause hes hitting for 60... or dying because stagger is ticking for 40k and hes hitting directly for 60+ If someone finds away to avoid the massive (and utterly stupid) surge debuff then thats another story, i have tried xuen and black ox statue, he simply doesnt want to surge either of them, so even if you glyph of retreat and let xuen tank the bear while you get surged your still at square one when he goes away/gets killed. Perhaps that one glyph that makes your statue a tank for 8 seconds combined with xuen and glyph of retreat could give you enough time to dps him out of it? but probably not
    Last edited by Senseishade; 2012-10-21 at 06:04 PM.

Anyone have any sucess/tips on doing Omnitron or Magmaw in BwD? would love to get me those blue wings and dress.

Having difficulties with the Essence of Desire in Black Temple. Using the stated strat in this thread, the best I've done is about 25%. At some point during every attempt he ends up casting so fast that he kills my statue before the cooldown is back up for statue. How are you guys managing this with the shield blocking 80% of the interrupts. Is this fight more about luck? Or are people consistently 1 shotting him now with this strat?

Also, I started doing much better on my attempts when i stopped wasting time trying to taunt the statue as i summoned it. Never casted a taunt the whole fight and it still works fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snifs View Post
    Having difficulties with the Essence of Desire in Black Temple. Using the stated strat in this thread, the best I've done is about 25%. At some point during every attempt he ends up casting so fast that he kills my statue before the cooldown is back up for statue. How are you guys managing this with the shield blocking 80% of the interrupts. Is this fight more about luck? Or are people consistently 1 shotting him now with this strat?

Also, I started doing much better on my attempts when i stopped wasting time trying to taunt the statue as i summoned it. Never casted a taunt the whole fight and it still works fine.
    id say its a bit about luck, usualy if i can get a keg smash and or tiger palm just as shield goes up it either breaks or is very close to break so should be an easy interuppt after that.

I can only refer to the video i made, posted earlier in this thread. Its perhaps not very guideing but as you can see there i also had some times where i struggeld. Dunno if i "did something special" perhaps you will notice.
    Last edited by mmoc1ff84cf90f; 2012-10-21 at 11:53 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Monk Raid Solo Thread!

Personally, monks are feeling like they are just below DK's or hunters when it comes to soloing, maybe even above the hunter in certain situations.

Here is what I have gotten into doing when there is nothing else to do.

I clear most of these as Brewmaster just to be on the safe side, but otherwise I go in as WW (i.e. SSC) just because it is so faceroll now. Certain fights like Kael, I would recommend being tank spec. Although if someone can prove me wrong, go for it.

Vanilla:

MC: Yes
    AQ10: Yes
    AQ40: Yes to C'thun (one shot once sucked in) Did Twin emps moments ago as Brewmaster
    BWL: Yes, excluding first boss

BC:

Kara: Yes
    Mags: Yes (BM)
    Gruul: Yes (BM)
    SSC: Yes (Did as WW, got Vashj to 25% before i got demolished, totally doable)
    TK: Yes
    Sunwell: N/A (Will give me something to do tomorrow)

Wrath:

Naxx: N/A
    Ulduar: Leviathan obvs. Otherwise info N/A
    TotC: N/A
    ICC: Marrow/Deathwhisper(10) doable as BM. Need a group to get passed boat in order to get further testing.
    RS: Mini bosses only
    EoE: N/A

Note: I feel like I am missing something.

Edit: I will be playing around in dungeons such as Vortex Pinnacle and Stonecore and see if those are manageable by a monk. I'm sure it won't be an issue.

Deleted
    I kill Kael'thas weekly as just windwalker. Same goes for my girlfriend who solos him as feral dps druid.